An innovative and energetic Senior Oracle Developer, specializing in performance optimization using Oracle utilities in a range of application environments. Focused on delivering on-going system and process improvements of a consistently high quality, which are easily maintainable by others. Uses industry best practices to analyze, design, develop and implement user interfaces and databases, and is confident investigating and troubleshooting problems.
Senior Oracle Developer
Wesbank (Pty) Ltd, South Africa 2008 – date
• Optimizing the performance of Oracle applications, using XMLDB to communicate between Java applications for the Credit Online system and the Oracle database
• Analyzing, designing, rewriting and implementing the Securities and Sureties system, including transforming it into an optimized standalone system
• Developing a range of enhancements for financial batch processing, as well as leading maintenance and optimization work
• Delivering a range of projects including interfaces with FNB Online, Wesbank Online, Collections and Third Party Financial Processing, consistently achieving timely and high quality delivery
• Providing strong leadership and direction to the Run The Bank team
• Successfully redesigning and rewriting interface systems, thereby reducing run times from over an hour to just 11 minutes
• Reducing the run time of DA Extracts from 2 days to 1.5 hours following a rewrite
• Receiving recognition two years in a row as a top achiever countrywide
Medscheme, South Africa 2000 – 2008
• Holding full responsibility for maintaining the production environment, including migrating databases to the latest versions and applying patch sets
• Consistently achieving demanding service level agreements by improving performance through optimization initiatives
• Proactively troubleshooting any issues within the shortest possible times to ensure system availability and reliability, demonstrating a thorough understanding of front end applications and business structure
• Liaising extensively with end users and developing positive professional relationships across the business
• Maximizing the use of Enterprise Grid Control to manage databases, in conjunction with in-house scripts as necessary, and also using SQLPlus, SQL and PL/SQL to identify and resolve problems
• Contributing significantly as an integral member of the DBA team, and also leading the QA and Training teams
• Developing QA, development and training databases, including implementation, maintenance and customization of all systems
Senior Oracle Developer
TIAA-CREF, USA 1999 – 2000
• Leading the analysis, design and development of a quarterly reporting system, including the generation, tuning and maintenance of the database
• Facilitating the production of statements reflecting investment results, which are both printed and uploaded to a website for user access
• Developing a system to incorporate data from various systems, uploading from flat files and writing to intermediate tables for transfer to the schema at transaction level and rolling up into summary tables
• Creating a monthly and quarterly process to extract data for dispatch to a central printing system, which formats data to produce a final statement
• Developing an exception handler to drive the creation of a parent cell structure to populate the database with new information, to enable the processing of new contracts
Senior Oracle Developer
Ambac Financial Group, USA 1998 – 1999
• Analyzing, testing and setting up an Oracle data warehousing environment for reporting purposes
• Rewriting the Earnings Package to calculate what the company earns based on client premiums
• Developing re-insurance reports using PL/SQL, and creating triggers to update tables automatically
Medscheme Pty (Ltd), South Africa 1996 – 1998
• Analyzing, designing and implementing a Third Party Payment Order System and a Workflow Management System
• Developing reports for the membership and claims system, reflecting both financial and non-financial information
Early Career Summary
Software Consultant Standard Corporate and Merchant Bank, South Africa 1995 – 1996
Project Leader Rainbow Chicken Farms (Pty) Ltd, South Africa 1993 – 1995
Systems Analyst Bull Computers SA (Pty) Ltd, South Africa 1991 – 1992
Consultant Computer Software Solutions, South Africa 1990 – 1991
Consultant Titaco (Pty) Ltd, South Africa 1989 – 1990
DP Manager Protea Medical and Laboratory (Pty) Ltd, South Africa 1989
Software Consultant Mobius Group (Pty) Ltd, South Africa 1988 – 1989
Programmer Sasol Ltd, South Africa 1987 – 1988
CAD Drafter Leech Price Associates (Pty) Ltd 1983 – 1986
Certification: Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop 2011
Certification: Oracle Database 10g: Administration Workshop 2006
Key I.T. Skills
Hardware: IBM AIX, Hewlett Packard, IBM Mainframe, IBM PCs, OS390, ES7000, Sun Solaris 10
Software: Oracle Application Server 10g, Oracle 7 – 11, Oracle XML DB, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, SQL Navigator, Toad, Erwin, Open VMS, Forms and Reports 6.0 – 10g, Designer 2000, Developer 2000, Headstart, Jasper iReports, Progress, Unix, Linux, Windows (98, NT, XP), PowerHouse, MPEX, Cobol, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), Lotus 123, MSDOS, Wordstar, dBase III+, BASIC, Clipper, CAD
Languages: Fluent English and Afrikaans
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.