Good in Rolling Mill Operations, Reheating furnace operation, aluminium rolling,experience in steel plant, project execution, commissioning Part of upgrading of finishing mill, main operator, MNC experienced,
Total Experience – Eight Years & seven months
Experience in the area — Hot Rolling Mill Operation /HSM Operation
— Plate & coil mill
— In Jindal steel and power limited Raigarh (C.G)
Presently working as Asst. Manager
Jindal Steel & Power Limited, part of US$ 15 billion Jindal Organization is in the business of steel production, power generation, mining iron ore, coal & diamond exploration/ mining with Current turnover is over Rs. 5000 cores and the company is on the path of catalyzing economic development of the country through its contribution to the infrastructure sector.
This plant is spread over 1800 acres area, which has Production Units like Raw Material Handling, Coal Washery, Sponge Iron Plant, Steel Melting Shop, Submerged Arc Furnace, Blast Furnace, Coke Oven Plant, Sinter Plant, Rolling Mill, Oxygen Plant, Lime Plant, Captive Power Plant, PGP& Limekiln Unit Etc.
Jobs & Responsibility ( As control room engineer) .
1. Rolling of plate/coil in finishing 4hi reversing steckel mill.
2. Reheating furnace operation 200T walking beam type
3. Wire rod finisher operator.
4. Mill Shop-floor activity , like cobble removal
5. Experience of all operations of the mill.
6. Rolling pass schedule preparation and correction.
7. Roll change activity of mill.
8. Guide setting and calibration
9. Mill calibration.
10. Co-ordination with maintenance team (Electrical and mechanical) during break down
11. Knowledge of Quality standards ,documentations , and specifications
12. Experience of rolling of different Grades and gauge of steel like:-
• Structural Grade – Under specifications IS2062 E250, EN10025 S235-275, ASTM A36
• High tensile Grade – Under specifications IS 2062 E300/E350/E410/E450, EN 10025 S355, JIS G 3106 SM490 A/B, ASTM A572 GR.42/50
• Boiler quality- Under specifications IS 2002 Gr.I/II/III, ASTM A / ASME SA 515 Gr. 60/65/70 (intermediate & Higher temperature )
• Boiler quality – Under specifications ASTM A / ASME SA 516 Gr.55/60/65/70( Moderate & Lower temperature)
• Ship Building quality plates Under specifications LRS Gr.A/B/D, ABS Gr.A, DNV NV32, AH/DH 32/36
• Line Pipe Quality plates Under specifications API 5L X-52/X-60/X-65/X-70
• Corrosion Resistant steel plates in grades, ASTM A 588 Gr.A,IRS M-41, ASTM A 242
• High strength Pressure Vessel Quality plates for use at lower temperature in grade ASTM A / ASME SA 537 Class 1, EN 10028 P275
• Creep Resistant plates in ASTM A204, EN 10028 Gr.16Mo3
• Wear Resistant plates in HARD quality
• Gauge ( As per Jspl product mix)
• Monitor and control the metallurgy of the process and ensure smooth continuity of operation.
• Rolling Parameters Setting like: – Pass Schedule, Finishing temperature, Cooling temperature to achieve the required Mechanical properties, Physical properties.
13. Profile & Flatness Control of strip
14. Experience of rolling of wider coil and plate
15. Coordination work done during commissioning and modification of the mill.
16. Training Given to Mill Technicians.
17. Experience of production planning & logistics.
Jobs & Responsibility (Other key Responsibility) .
1. Annual production target and budget making for Plate mill
2 Coordination with central PPC department for production planning. To achieve production target with quality and maximum yield.
3. Ensure regular generation of the stock report (along with WIP) as well as the production and consumption report for analysis. Ensure the regular creation of MIS and costing reports.
4. Ensure tracking of orders and verification for the availability of stock. In case stock is not available, then ensure that the rolling plan is prepared.
6. Drive the quality initiatives at the Plate mill and undertakes re-planning in case of QC noncompliance
7. Preparation of the predictive, preventive and scheduled maintenance plans to ensure minimum downtime and enhance equipment reliability. The incumbent also ensures the effective coordination with mechanical and electrical departments for maintenance activities.
8. Analysis of repetitive breakdowns is undertaken and plan corrective and preventive steps necessary for improvement
9. Procurement planning and inventory management of spare parts that are required so as to ensure zero stoppages
10.Supervision of the dispatch planning/logistics management for material.
11. Manage the Refurbishing, overhauling and commissioning of mill and auxiliaries.
12. Monthly workforce scheduling and implementation of strict measures in operating procedures to optimize resource/capacity utilization.
13. Initiate the implementation of Process Improvement Plans to maximize productivity and reduce cost.
14. Final output meets the quality standards with respect to surface defects and dimensions.
15. Coordinate with other department to ensure that the entire process works seamlessly
16. Ensure safe working conditions with zero incident or accident.
17. Compliance with all relevant/statutory provisions under the applicable Acts
18. Co-ordination with various vendors and contractors for timely execution of job.
19. Establish systems to ensure all process and operational incidents and near misses (plant, equipment, safety and environmental) are reported and investigated for root cause analysis and appropriate corrective actions instigated.
20. Coordinate to PPC dept. for production schedule.
21. Quality Inspection of mechanical and chemical properties of steel as per order and make changes in the rolling temperature.
Jobs and Responsibilities Handled:-
During Mill Project, Erection & Commissioning:-
-Supported and render engineering assistance for the project engineering activities: preparation of concept notes, estimates of Capex & Opex and getting the approval of senior management.
– modification activities in project configuration or facilities during project implementation and post project implementation
– Involve in the project implementation decisions (associating together with respective area project teams) to be taken from time to time so that in and out of the project is within the knowledge of the engineering group.
– Value engineering in terms of review of major engineering deliverables before execution for a possible value addition in order to optimize the Capex and Opex.
Centralized agency for all layout related issues.
– Maintain centrally the engineering documents of the project for future reference during expansion or carrying out any debottlenecking jobs during plant operation.
-Coordination with all engineering consultants for the delivery of engineering in time (presently not in scope).
-Take up possible reverse engineering for any spare parts or engineering of small facilities which can be done internally without depending on external consultants.
– During Mill Project (2007), I was part of mill erection and commissioning Team, Which was completed in record time. Activities like Mill synchronization, Step by step setup of Mill equipments, there trials some modification according to operational requirement suggested and completed. From commissioning to smooth operation completed the job allotted to me.
Operations commissioning & stabilization of Mill with rated capacity.
Supports Chief Operation Officer and solves process related problems within the Plant.
To provide both technical and managerial support to the Chief Operation Officer in order to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness in mill..
Mill Stand changing through OS as per pass schedule of mill to obtain desired product size.
Guide adjustment & aligning of guides in the groove during Rolling.
Cooperate and supervise together with Maintenance and Rolling Mill Manager the production line, mainly with respect metallurgical objectives.
Monitor plant process performance/condition and co-ordinate any required corrective actions with mechanical maintenance manager.
Accountable for ensuring all process and operational personnel have the skills and knowledge to perform their roles safely, effectively and efficiently.
Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
Class/School Board/ Year/%
10th G.b.h.s. Ckn Mp board Bhopal 2001 73.3
12th G.b.h.s. Ckn C.B.S.E 2003 60.6
Diploma in Metallurgical engineering 2007 with Honors (university topper)
From Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University, Bhilai
BE Metallurgy. (AMIIM)- 7.2CGPA From Indian Institute Of Metals, Kolkata
• Competency in MS office -Word, excel, PowerPoint
• Familiar with windows and Internet Browsing.
• One year regular diploma in computer application.
Extra Curricular Activities
• Represent class in school, college and on university level.
• Organized many programmes in school and college level, 2002 and 2007.
•Topper of dist. level general knowledge competitions in school time
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.