Master of Pharmacy obtained in 2009, qualified pharmacist since 2010.
Running a successful and profitable pharmacy, with less than one years pharmacy work experience. Ensuring an increase in prescription medicine and over the counter medicine revenues.
Master of Health Economics 2012, working in a wide variety of roles, both nationally and internationally.
Providing work for the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health for national policies.
Whilst working in the UK, obtaining European Licensing on new medications.
A qualified health economist with a successful pharmacy career and experience in health economics consultancy and the pharmaceutical industry.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATES
2011 -2012: MSc Health Economics, Pass, The University of York
• Health Economics Economic Evaluation
• Clinical Decision Analysis Statistics and Econometrics
• Healthcare Management Applied Microeconomics
Topics studied include understanding of HTA submissions, cost-effectiveness analysis, decision modelling, value based pricing and epidemiology.
Completion of a 10,000 word thesis titled ‘An International Comparison of the Relative Price Levels of Health Expenditure,’ under the supervision of Dr Ravi Rannan-Eliya. Key findings presented to The World Health Organization for further analysis via a presentation.
Skills developed: Excellent written communication demonstrated through regular assessed essays and dissertation. Oral communication and presentation skills through seminar participation and assessed presentations.
2011: Postgraduate Certificate in Microeconomics and Quantitative Methods, The University of York.
2010: Introduction to Health Economic Evaluation Certificate, University of Oxford.
2005 – 2009: Master of Pharmacy, 2:1 (Hons), The University of Manchester
• Medical Ethics
• Advanced Therapeutics
• Novel Drug Delivery
Laboratory intensive project titled ‘Analyzing the effect of the partition coefficient in drug transport across cells,’ under the supervision of Dr Alain Pluen. PowerPoint presentation of results presented to senior members of the School of Pharmacy and used for further research.
Skills developed: Communication and project management skills improved through chairing enquiry based learning meetings and delegating tasks. Role of course representative involved helping to update the MPharm programme and raise the concerns of fellow students.
Health Economist (contract)-Boehringer Ingelheim. Bracknell-May 2013-August 2013
• Worked on producing health technology assessments for NICE and SMC submissions, incorporating PAS schemes, ensuring high quality standards throughout.
• Analysis and interpretation of health economic models, including incorporating indirect comparison data.
• Contributing to the development of budget impact models.
Research Associate (contract)-OptumInsight- Uxbridge-December 2012-May 2013
• Undertaking systematic reviews and contributing to HTA submissions.
• Compiling economic reports and developing budget impact models.
• Undertaking burden of disease studies.
• Analysing and interpreting economic models.
• Using knowledge of both the UK NHS and clinical expertise to aid with the development of new projects and business. Whilst communicating and working closely with directors.
Internship- Institute of Health Policy- Colombo-July 2012-October 2012
• Worked closely with the Ministry of Health and key stakeholders with regards to national health policy issues.
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis of drug costing data and utilization data, and results compared between countries. Findings used by The WHO and The World Bank via meetings.
• Enhanced computer skills developed through; advanced use of Microsoft Excel for decision modelling, Microsoft PowerPoint for the delivery of research presentations and STATA for statistical analysis.
Pharmacy Manager – Tesco – Dunstable – Nov 2010 – Aug 2011
• Management of pharmacy with responsibility of daily operations and long-term strategies such as the introduction of Repeat Prescription Collection Services and maximising operational efficiencies such as working to budget, reducing turnaround times.
• Becoming one of the most profitable Tesco pharmacies in region.
• People management skills through leading a pharmacy team, incorporating staff development and ensuring completion of required tasks to a high standard.
Pharmacist, University Hospitals Leicester 2010 Sep – Nov 2010
• Paying attention to detail through undertaking daily ward rounds to ensure optimal pharmaceutical care is provided to patients.
• Helping co-ordinate and sanction the use of medicines for relevant clinical trials.
• Working under aseptic conditions to produce and authorize use of sterile pharmaceuticals.
• Training and mentoring pharmacy students.
• Demonstrating the ability to work under pressure when providing a high level of patient care when on-call and communicating with other healthcare professionals.
Pre-Registration Pharmacist – Derby NHS Foundation Trust – July 2009 – July 2010
• In addition to ward rounds, working in the Medicines Information department using evidence based medicine to answer complex medical queries.
• Undertaking an audit on the ‘Prescribing Standards in the Medical Assessment Unit’. Findings were presented to senior management via a PowerPoint presentation and used in the implementation of new trust guidelines.
• General Pharmaceutical Council of Great Britain.
• IT: competent in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Languages: English (fluent), Punjabi (conversational), French (G.C.S.E standard.)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.