….from concept to delivery. With 17 years’ experience working with major international operators throughout the world optimizing oil and gas field development and processing in complex environments, I am looking for a challenging long-term position where I can remain up to date on geophysical developments in a senior capacity within an industry leading organization.
Senior Data Processing Supervisor (Dec 2013 – May 2015)
Schlumberger Geosolutions, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reported to the Abu Dhabi Geosolutions Center Manager, responsible for supervising Data Processing personnel (15 geophysicists and 3 technical peers) and to manage seismic data processing projects (workflow definition, analysis and efficiency improvement) for various clients
• Building, managing and coaching cross functional, multi-cultural teams, operating in geographically remote locations and under difficult circumstances.
• Developing and maintaining good client relations at all times through collaboration and articulating complex scenarios to non-technical audiences.
• Prioritising issues to be escalated, managed, transferred or delegated.
• Generating Quality Incident documentation, investigation, mitigation & remedy.
Senior Instructor (Jul 2011 – Nov 2013)
Schlumberger Geosolutions, Schlumberger Middle East and Asia Learning Center, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reported to the WesternGeco MLC Training Manager and later to the Schlumberger PetroTechnical Solutions MLC Training Manager, this position provided a unique and personally rewarding opportunity to share knowledge on Geophysics, QHSE, job specific software and company business and culture with participants both internally and from major operators and consultancies around the world.
Senior Marine Data Processing Supervisor (Jul 2010 – Feb 2011)
Schlumberger WesternGeco, Tripoli, Libya
Reported to the Libya Geosolutions Centre Manager, providing data processing and performing workflows in 2D & 3D seismic interpretation to optimise the commercial success of various projects. Key responsibilities included implementing the company’s Quality Assurance system called “Online Project Review” in addition to the following accountabilities:
• Supervising data processing projects: BP – Offshore Sirte, 17000kmsq, BP – Offshore Sirte MAZ, Hess – Multiazimuth, Exxon Mobil – 2D marine, Total – 2D marine reprocessing.
• Providing Land IFDP support for BP Ghdamas, BP Nodal crew and AGOCO Q-Land crew.
Project Leader (Nov 2005 – Jul 2008)
(Dedicated OBP Support), Schlumberger WesternGeco, Mumbai, India
Reported directly to the Mumbai Data Processing Supervisor for Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Q Marine projects.
Advancement to a Project Leader position allowed me to gain greater exposure to working in a multi-cultural environment in addition to significant experience in project and people management.
• Remotely managing on-board seismic data processing projects, providing risk analysis to maximize production efficiency, minimizing turnaround time and optimizing product quality
• Working closely with clients and internal stakeholders (other processing groups, Network/Systems, Area Geophysicists, Geophysical support, Programming, Computer Operations, and Seismic Acquisition)
• Ensuring my team were hired, trained and motivated in line with company objectives and performance standards, ensuring that any gaps were quickly identified and addressed
On-board Processing /Senior Geophysicist (Mar 2002 – Oct 2005)
Schlumberger WesternGeco, Various Locations
Reported to the Global On-board Processing Manager and the relevant Chief Field Geophysicist on seismic survey vessels across the world.
• Implementing data processing sequences and performing in-depth analysis, (e.g. interpreting velocities, build and QC velocity fields) of seismic data using Omega2 and QXPress workflows. 3D Marine and Q-Seabed for exploration and production processing.
• Ensuring that seismic data acceptance adhered to sound geophysical principles, conformed to survey specifications and client operational needs.
Junior Geophysicist (Feb 1998 – Feb 2002)
Schlumberger WesternGeco Adelaide South Australia
Reported to the Project Team Leader (office based) in addition to Crew Chiefs for numerous projects and field assignments to produce the seismic data in order to analyze onshore and offshore oil and gas reservoirs, thus contributing the effective management of hydrocarbon reserves and production for clients including SANTOS, Shell-Todd Oil Services, Kerr-McGee. Activities included:
• Processing 2D & 3D land data (including creating brute stacks of 2D Transition Zone data, reservoir thickness mapping, reservoir extent mapping)
• Conducting all processing steps from field tape conversion to final stack SEGY deliverables and migration
• Performing Acquisition QC
• Marine 2D On-board Processing
• Programming Omega1.8 seismic processing software using FORTRAN
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.