An accomplished Construction Operations Manager with a very strong track record of outstanding quality and safety within construction projects including the delivery of infrastructure, sub structure, super structure and general building . A strategic thinker, heading up multi-million pound contracts, as well as driving continuous operational improvements. Possesses exceptional interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
An accomplished Operations Manager with a very strong track record of outstanding quality and safety within Civil Engineering and Construction projects in the Oil, Gas and Process Engineering sector. A strategic thinker, heading up multi-million pound projects and contracts, as well as driving continuous operational improvements. Able to manage organisational change that maintains profitable growth and a strong market presence. Possesses exceptional interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships from board level to grass roots. Broad experience of the tender and contract management process. A motivational and inspirational leader capable of coaching and empowering individuals to enable them to fulfil their potential whilst ensuring that they make a positive contribution to the business.
Looking to secure a new and more challenging operations management role in the Middle East Oil and Gas sector; keen to work for a progressive and reputable company that offers opportunities for further professional development and advancement.
OPERATIONS MANAGER, Sangwin Ltd, Hull
• Reporting to the MD, with direct responsibility for sub-contractor and principle contractor civil engineering and building projects, plus maintenance contracts
• Instrumental in achieving substantial growth and profitability through development and implementation of strategic plans for achieving business goals
• Heading up creative initiatives designed to increase revenues in new target markets and through growth of the client base
• Developing and streamlining existing systems, processes and procedures for the tenders and contract negotiation
• Significantly improving compliance with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality requirements through the introduction of more robust internal controls and heading up the companies accreditation to OHSAS ISO18001
• Working cross-functionally with commercial, procurement, HSE, quality, production and estimating departments to manage efficiency and effectiveness
CONTRACTS MANAGER, Sangwin Ltd, Hull
• Pivotal in achieving full ISO 9001 accreditation, following introduction of the company’s Quality Management System
• Generated significantly higher turnover and greater profitability through a major review and re-definition of existing roles within the company
• Overhauled internal infrastructure and personnel hierarchy, including the introduction of standard procedures for the procurement process
• Took ownership of the tender process, with hands-on involvement in the finalisation of details before submission
• Attracted a high percentage of repeat business through astute oversight of the scheme/client service delivery, working proactively to maintain quality and safety
• Contracts included a £4.7 million York project for Centrica Storage Ltd and a shore-side civil engineering project as part of the construction of a new North Sea gas field
CIVIL ENGINEERING MANAGER, Hertel UK Ltd
• Drove high standards across Maintenance and Projects contracts for clients in the Petrochem and Oil Refinery sector
• Headed a 150-strong team in the day to day running of civil engineering operations in the Humber region
• Instrumental in turning the business around from loss-making to profitable, having overhauled site level staff structure and roles
• Significantly improved performance by coaching and mentoring senior site staff, as well as by enhancing the company’s estimating system
• Established healthier margins as well as client perception by negotiating and securing more competitive rates with suppliers and through new, more robust time-keeping measures
PROJECT MANAGER, CR Reynolds Construction Ltd
SENIOR SITE MANAGER. CR Reynolds Construction Ltd
SITE MANAGER. CR Reynolds Construction Ltd
CONTRACT SUPERVISOR, CR Reynolds Construction Ltd
FOREMAN. CR Reynolds Construction Ltd
SITE MANAGER, A Ford Civil Engineering Ltd
Education & Qualifications
NVQ Level 7: Construction Management
NVQ Level 4: Construction Management
NEBOSH: Construction Occupation Safety & Health
Level 1: NVQ Assessor
Certificate: CDM 2008
Education and qualifications
• Safe Entry into Confined Spaces
• CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (Construction Site Safety)
• First Aid
• Crane Lifting
• Appointed Person (Standard & Basic Lifts)
Key I.T. skills
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Project
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.