Problem solving oriented
Able to manage a team
Have dealt with many nationalities
In my current work. Was involved in problems, solutions and current work of other departments as well, financial analysis, quotations, transport, marketing, etc. so have a wider experience
Responsible also for company presentations, explaining scope of work to clients, in preparation and presenting
Thorough study of project from arrival of RFQ, quoting, implementing work, revising invoices.
A challenging career, in a foreign country, in management; to enhance my past gained experience in the field of freight forwarding.ork Experience
Career Related Experience Joined Morgan International Transport & Marine S.A.E. one of the biggest land transport and forwarding companies in Alexandria, Egypt since graduation in 1992, working as Operations Manager since 1993.
– Managing the customs clearance department in the company and following up the related personnel in that department that ranged between 5 to 10 people depending on amount of work.
– Receiving documents of import & export cargo from clients, revising and ensuring they are correct.
– Distributing work among clearance people.
– Following up the process of customs clearance.
– Reverting to clients with daily reports.
– Coordinating transport of cargo with transport department in company after the finalization of the customs clearance procedure.
– Visiting clients regularly to obtain new business and obtain reports on performance.
– Following up all the import and export procedures: document, process and reporting wise. Coming up with solutions to the problems and inquiries of clients.
– For export shipments, preparing shipping requests and reservation with ship’s agencies.
– Field work: Performing road survey, visiting sites before hand to ensure site is suitable for receiving cargo, preparing reports on what is needed, following up transport and sometimes erection of heavy cargo at sites.
– Quoting prices to clients.
– Preparing reports on clearance process in Egypt for new foreign clients so that they are aware before hand with what is necessary.
– Answering client’s requests and questions.
Bachelor of Arts, The American University in Cairo, Egypt, 1992
Major : Business Administration
GPA : 3.4 / 4.0
Courses in Marketing, Finance, Accounting, International Business, Economics, Mathematics
Thanawiya Amma (Egyptian High School Certificate), English Boys’ School, 1988
Courses IATA courses :
Basic Cargo Skills and procedure with 96% in 2003
Dangerous Goods Regulations DGR1 (Initial) with 93% in 2003. Refreshment courses in 2010, 2012, & 2014.
From Egypt Air
Computer : Very good knowledge of Office
Language skills : Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English, Very Good in spoken and written Greek, Good in spoken and written French
Personal Data Nationality : Greek
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.