Good Project Management and Project Engineering skills, broad knowledge and experience in the Oil & Gas sector, strong presentation and communication skills, with more than 19 years’ experience in Oil & Gas Terminals, Refinery and Pipeline Projects. International experience and exposure to different nationalities with focus on the Middle East, proficiency / advanced level language skills (English, Hindi, Gujarati), advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, MS Project).
PMP Certification from PMI (http://www.pmi.org/Pages/default.aspx)
B.E. (B.S.) from Shantilal Shah Engg. College (http://www.myssec.com/home.aspx), Bhavnagar University (http://www.bhavuni.edu/index.php), Bhavnagar, Gujarat in 1995. (Secured Distinction)
Chartered Engineer (India) (http://www.ieindia.info/)
Member of Project Management Institute, USA (http://www.pmi.org/Pages/default.aspx)
Associate Member of The Institution of Engineers (India) (http://www.ieindia.info/)
Member of The Indian Institute of Welding (http://www.iiwindia.com/)
Professional Project Management (5 days), SABCONS (http://sabcons.com/)
MS Project for Project Manager, SABCONS (http://sabcons.com/)
PMP FasTrac Workshop (4 days), AstroWix India (www.astrowix.co.in)
Basic Managerial Skill
Finance for Non-finance Executives
More than 18 years of experience, primarily in Oil & Gas Terminals, Refinery and Pipeline Projects. Experience spans from Definition, Execution and Close-out of projects which includes Project Management, Project Engineering, Estimation, Execution, Monitoring, Control and Project Close-out processes.
Project Management – Scope identification, allocating team and subcontractors with required skill. Execute in Compliance to policies, procedures, health & safety requirements, quality etc. Management of multi-discipline and multi-functional teams to ensure project objectives are met.
Project Engineering – Responsible for Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrument Diagrams & Plot layout development with integration of different disciplines. Coordinate & facilitate EPCC deliverables. Coordinate interdisciplinary / third party Reviews, facilitate HAZOP, QRA etc. and follow-up on action item closure.
Estimation & Proposal – Budgetary project estimation & Establishing CAPEX. Preparation of technical & commercial proposal for management approval.
Project Controls – Managing project cost, Schedule monitoring & control, performance measurement & resource balancing. Project report generation and presentation.
Procurement & Contract Management – Preparation of ITB, Technical bid analysis, Negotiation & contract awarding. Ensure Engineering & Construction work packages as per contract strategy are definite, clear and enforceable. Ensure compliance to contract scope packages, EPCC project auditing & reporting.
Construction Management – Overseeing, monitoring & control construction activities at site in coordination with multi discipline teams & sub-contractors. Ensure construction sequence & methodology adopted is in compliance project execution plane with fulfilment of HSE & Quality requirements.
OILTANKING ODFJELL TERMINAL & CO., OMAN
MAY 2014 – CONTINUE
To support management team for achievement of organisation’s business goal / plan.
Develop conceptual / preliminary engineering & design, Review of FEED Study, Preparation of budgetary estimate & technical proposal for CAPEX project investment.
Selection of EPC contractor through ITB, Technical bid analysis, contract awarding
Monitor and control project execution with respect to budget, timeline, HSE, Quality
PETROL STEEL CO. LTD. (A ROTARY GROUP COMPANY), SAUDI ARABIA
APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Overseeing over all operations of company is Saudi Arabia to align in line with organisation’s business goal / plan.
1. SATORP – EPCC of Refinery Tanks Farm (RTF) and associated Facilities (Package-6) at Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia, From April ’13 to December ‘14. Project value: US$ 745 Million. Facility Details: 62 tanks, 8 mounded bullets with associated civil, piping, mechanical, electrical, Instrumentation & Automation facility & infrastructure.
2. Sadara – Main Site Tank Farm (MSTF) at Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia, From September ’13 to April ‘14. Project value: US$ 8.6 Million. Facility Details: Construction of 28 tanks
OILTANKING ODFJELL TERMINAL & CO., OMAN,
MAY 2011 – APRIL 2013
Initiation, Planning, Engineering, Execution, Monitoring & Control of EPCC project. Conceptualise, estimate, collect offers, maintain and control the capital project budget. Timely execution of project by identifying and mitigating project risks. Monitor and control the project with respect to Cost, Resources deployment and time over run. Prepare and circulate regular project report in term of Scope, Planning, Budget, Area of concern etc. Certification of contractors RA Bills and extra claims.
Arrange Engineering / project review meetings for evaluating progress, Follow-up & de-bottlenecking. Direct & Coordinate multi discipline activities, handling contractors / vendors to maintain deadline. Provide leadership & motivation in the execution and implementation of safe work practice
Follow up and compliance to HSSE policy requirements. Achieve the Quality goal as per project scope of work. Direction, Coordination, Commissioning and Closing out of running project. Mentoring Project team on both general and specific project requirements.
Implement feasibility and preliminary engineering of new expansion and optimisation projects to achieve the organisation’s business goal. Providing technical support on engineering and project to meet the operational and commercial requirements.
1. EPCC of storage tanks terminal and associated Facilities (Phase-6) at Sohar, Oman, From April ’11 to July ‘13, Cost: US$ 25 Million. Facility Details: 12 tanks with associated civil, piping, mechanical, electrical, Instrumentation & Automation infrastructure, includes super structure and marine loading facilities at 2 berths / jetties, truck tanker loading facilities, pumping system.
2. Various CAPEX Projects for outfitting and enhancement of existing facility to meet with the changing business environment.
3. Preliminary engineering for the development of new jetty / berth for bulk liquid handling facility for vessels upto 120,000 DWT for Sohar Industrial Port.
MAY 2007 – APRIL 2011
ENGINEERING MANAGER (ASST. PROJECT MANAGER)
FEED Phase: PFD / P&ID development by coordinating multi-disciplinary activities to ensure plant philosophies and Design Safety Reviews are incorporated maintaining quality control & consistency. HAZOP – Review and close the recommended actions. Review value engineering & constructability.
EPCC Phase: Review the contractor / vendor engineering deliverables for major items. Drafting & preparing contract specifications & scope package for subcontract awards.
Oversee and develop WBS, milestone & detailed schedule, critical path analysis. Support Project Manager with accurate project status and early identification of project direction with regards to cost overruns, under runs and schedule variations, such that the Project Manager may make informed decisions and perform the necessary mitigate actions at the earliest time possible.
Mentoring the Project team on both general and specific project requirements.
Being the focal point to coordinate between the Projects, Operations, Maintenance, Customer Representatives and Contractors to ensure smooth commissioning and start up. Oversee multidisciplinary group for final check list, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
1. EPCC of storage tanks terminal and associated Facilities (Phase-4 & 5) at Sohar, Oman, From March ’09 to June ‘11, Cost: US$ 120 Million. Facility Details: 15 atmospheric tanks with associated civil, piping, mechanical, electrical, Instrumentation & automation system infrastructure includes super structure and marine loading facilities at 1 berth / jetties, pumping system.
2. EPCC of storage tanks terminal and associated Facilities (Phase-1, 2 & 3) at Sohar, Oman, From May ’07 to June ’09, Cost: US$ 215 Million. Facility Details: 37 atmospheric tanks and 2 LPG Spheres along with associated civil, piping, mechanical, electrical & automation system infrastructure, includes super structure and marine loading facilities at 3 berths / jetties, truck tanker loading facilities, pumping system and inter connecting pipelines with Sohar refinery, Aromatics plant and utility supply companies for the supply of process air, nitrogen and water.
MANCO INTERNATIONAL (AL MANA GROUP), QATAR,
JUNE 2006 – MARCH 2007
Preparing detailed BOQ, review of fabrication drawings from engineering subcontractor.
Lead project team in construction of spheres & tanks at project site.
Being the Focal point of coordination with client & main contractor for HSSE, Quality, Planning and Progress Monitoring.
EPIC of Ras Laffan Olefins Project of spheres and Storage Tanks, From June ‘06 to March ‘07, Cost: US$ 54 Million. Facility Details: 4 Spheres and 8 Storage tanks.
ESSAR CONSTRUCTIONS LTD., MUMBAI,
SEPTEMBER 2004 – MAY 2006
DY. MANAGER (MECHANICAL)
In-charge of fabrication shop and responsible for timely delivery of equipments, fabricated pipes, technological and heavy Industrial building structure. Managed & supervised fabrication shop activities to ensure completion of priorities within the stipulated time and cost parameters with effective resource utilisation, achieved maximum output.
Led, coordinated and supervised 18 engineers and sub-contractors. Assured that production targets, safety awareness and quality requirements achieved and completed within budgeted cost.
1. Essar Power plant , Hazira, Surat
2. Essar Steel Plant, Hazira, Surat
INDIAN OILTANKING LTD., MUMBAI,
JANUARY 2000 – SEPTEMBER 2004,
Review bid documents to establish WBS to reflect manner in which the work will be performed & cost data to be summarized and reported. Plan project execution strategy, type of contacts & solicit quotes from potential subcontractors for bids. Estimating for work carried in-house – Quantity take-off, Costing labour, equipment & materials. Preparation of bid documents & bid wrap up. Provide required bid clarifications and participate in negotiation / finalization / contract award.
On award transfer of documents to support project management in establishing scope, schedule & cost baselines. Vendor/subcontract development, Budget Requisition, RFQ Packages including helping with drafting contracts, scopes of Work.
Ensures EPCC project execution is to client’s satisfaction consistent with HSSE, Quality, budget and contractual requirements. Provide leadership for multiple aspects of control including planning/scheduling, manpower assignment to the project. Progress tracking, measuring progress by appropriate methods. Update schedule by fast tracking/crashing.
1. IOCL-Gujarat Refinery – LSTK, EPCC job for Storage Tanks and associated piping of LAB plant, From Jan ‘03 to Sept ‘04, Cost: US$ 2.5 Million. Facility Details: 6 atmospheric Storage Tanks and associated piping for LAB plant
2. GSPL-Natural Gas Pipeline – LSTK, EPCC job for pipeline laying, metering station and automation, From July ‘02 to Dec ‘02, Cost: US$ 0.8 Million. Facility Details: Installation of 3 metering stations along with interconnection with cross-country pipeline and allied facilities.
3. IBP – POL Depot – LSTK, EPCC job for Storage Tanks and associated piping, Fire protection system, Building structure and associated facilities, From July ‘01 to June ‘02, Cost: US$ 3 Million. Facility Details: 7 atmospheric Storage Tanks, Fully automated 10 point Truck Loading Gantry, associated piping, Fire protection system, Building structure & associated facilities and pipeline connectivity with Gujarat Refinery.
4. IOCL – POL Terminal – LSTK, EPCC job for Storage Tanks associated piping, Fire protection system, Building structure and associated facilities, From Jan ‘00 to June ‘01, Cost: US$ 10 Million. Facility Details: 13 atmospheric Storage Tanks, Fully automated 22 point Truck Loading gantry, associated piping, Fire protection system, Building structure & associated facilities and pipeline connectivity with Gujarat Refinery and Nirma.
RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LTD., JAMNAGAR,
JULY 1998 – JULY 1999
Preparing detailed BOQ, isometric, fabrication drawings from general arrangement drawings. Installation & commissioning of piping system.
CDU/VDU plant of Reliance Petroleum Ltd., Jamnagar.
TECNIMONT ICB LTD., VADODARA,
MAY 1997 – MAY 1998
ASST. MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Site engineering, supervised fabrication/Installing of piping, painting and insulation.
1350 MTPD Ammonia project, GSFC Ltd., Vadodara.
LADCO ENTERPRISES, VADODARA,
SEPTEMBER 1995 – MAY 1997
ASST. ENGINEER -MECHANICAL
Mechanical/piping/structural erection works for MEK Oxime Plant
Mechanical/piping erection works for pipeline between IOCL-GR to GSFC Tankfarm Customer: GSFC Ltd.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.