A Professional Engineer with years of Industrial, project and safety experience. I have excellent mechanical skills and project management, working to strict deadlines within technically demanding environments. Major projects includes erection and commissioning of two Cement Plants with equipment such as pumps, pipeline, water treatment plant, belt conveyors, gear boxes, heavy equipment in making cement like Vertical Roller Mill, Ball Mill, stacker,Crusher, reclaimer etc. and all aspects of repair
Qualifications & Training
LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY-Ogbomoso, Nigeria 2004
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
Training: NEBOSH Certified (International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety), INTRODUCTION TO DRILLING; Industrial Hydraulic Maintenance Training, Bearing Installation and Maintenance Procedure Workshop, Effective Maintenance Management Workshop, Production and Effective Improvement Training for Supervisor, Contractor Employees Health, Safety and Environmental Development Training (Level 2&3), Lotus note and work order system.
Member Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
Member International Association of Engineer
Associate Member-American Society of Mechanical Engineer
MECHANICAL ENGINEER 2010-Present
Lafarge Cement WAPCO PLC, Nigeria
Part of the project monitoring and commissioning preparation team of a €420,000,000.00 Cement plant Construction Project. Following equipment erection and installation processes to see that it conforms to project specification and quality. Utilizing approved drawing/technical data on equipment operation and maintenance to identify and raise non conformity/punch list with suggestion on equipment improvement for the operation preparation team.
• Successfully coordinating equipment construction works with no time injury.
• Providing Mechanical Engineering support in the bidder’s selection and preparation of the job scope, clarification and technical evaluation of all the execution contracts.
• Continually involved in raising field punch list which including reporting, status control and closure.
• Participated in commissioning of plant projects, follow-up the progress of ongoing projects and check all quality project records.
• Maintains up-to-date progress status of work/project assigned to assure that work does not digress from approved scope
• Supporting troubleshooting, repairing, and modifying existing equipment, identify cost reductions, process improvements, and improvements to increase efficiency of equipment in all plants
• Supervising technical and engineering crew performing Project/maintenance function and assigning them to technical crew.
• Scheduling, documenting and managing all phases of equipment maintenance, commissioning, testing and final Hand-over to production.
• Assigning tasks to employees at site, tracking personal time, creating field service reports for completed work.
• Initiating and Participating in Root Cause Analysis of major equipment breakdown/ non-scheduled shutdowns to avoid recurrence
• Performing several periodic an non-periodic inspection for Heavy Industrial Equipment/Machines
• Coordinate projects and activities that support achievement of operational objectives involving downtime, upgrades, repairs, equipment changes, safety and incident prevention, training, and other initiatives
• Preparing and updating maintenance procedures as required in view of asset integrity and work optimization.
• Supporting and reviewing the preventive maintenance plan as part of yearly review cycle, utilising risk and reliability management (RRM) processes
• Actively involved in Competence Assurance System, including Junior assessment, training plan proposal, train of trainer program, On-the-Job coaching, Top performer identification
• Actively involves in developing maintenance strategy within own area to achieve continual improvements in use of resources (time and cost with respect to regularity)
• Providing effective leadership and strategic guidance in respect of safety, health and environmental issues within area of responsibility
• Monitoring the effectiveness of safety rules and regulations and actively seeking and stimulating improvement in HSE system.
• Ensuring that Site Induction and HSE trainings are implemented and regularly refreshed, both for Company Employee and Contractors
• Inspecting workplaces to ensure equipment, materials, and production processes do not present a safety and health hazard
• Investigating workplace fatalities, serious injuries and near misses and initiation of corrective action in the event of system non-conformances.
• Reviewing job safety analysis (JSA) for work related to mechanical equipment.
• Conducting periodic HSE audits to ensure that proper or corrective actions are taken for any gap identified.
• Successfully written Job Safety Analysis for Major Mechanical Maintenance Execution.
• Continuous supporting and actively participating in Hazardous Energy/Operation Risk Assessment (HASOP)
MECHANICAL ENGINEER 2006-2010
Obajana Cement PLC, Lokoja, Nigeria.
• Responsible (on shift) for engineering repairs, servicing and maintenance of hydraulics, Pneumatics, conveyors, gearboxes, heavy industrial equipment.
• Liaised and coordinated other maintenance and operation team on equipment operation and maintenance to obtain plant production target and other Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
• Supervised gas, water and compress-air pipeline construction during project stage
• Participated in quality controls and internal audit related to mechanical/maintenance discipline
• Coordinated Technical Services personnel in planning and execution of maintenance, procurement and other projects to meet Plant Key Performance Indicator.
• Ensured that all maintenance work for specific discipline is done according to best practice and ensure that learning’s, and investigation learning’s are incorporated
• Provided system and equipment knowledge to support relevant engineering support teams
• Ensured prompt completion and quality of the execution of maintenance jobs.
• Monitored the time requirements for each job and the optimal manpower and skills necessary for executing jobs.
• Successfully carried out preventive and corrective maintenance (PM&CM) on equipment as planned, prioritized and executed to meet plant targets on HSE, production and cost.
• Supported the planning and execution of the internal HSE Audit and compliance assurance programs
• Provided to the contractor the necessary support for them to execute their job as planned
• Ensured high levels of servicing and standards were met within time schedules, costs and safety regulations.
• Supervised the commissioning and maintenance of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, gear boxes, belt conveyor and so on
• Continuously understudy equipment and proposed modifications to enhance the equipment performance.
• Assisted in the preparation and/or review of operating and maintenance general instructions.
• On call for 24 hour recovery service – willing to stand in for others.
TRAINEE MECHANICAL ENGINEER 2002-2003
Ramcon Technical Company, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
Chosen for pipeline construction supervision, site coordination, and customer relation support role. Provided specialized instruction to technicians on the use of new equipment and simple issues resolution. Maintained the company properties and credibility through good supervision and information dissemination
• Liaised with client’s representative /project controls group to monitor the execution of the project, and address any potential deviation
• Oversaw the affair of the project site, job allocation and supervision of technicians.
• Successfully wrote and kept record on project progress, material handling and activities happening on site.
• Provided project specific material control procedures and documents
• Oversaw the storage of required project materials, under required conditions;
• Supervised of pipeline construction and installation of sanitary wares.
• Supervised water treatment erection and maintenance.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.