Detail-oriented Electrical Engineer specializing in Telecommunication Networks. Well versed with Enterprise Networking, Application Delivery Controller, Application Load Balancing Technology, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Network Security, DDOS attack mitigation and Firewall Designing. In-depth knowledge of Radware Load Balancers and Intrusion Prevention Systems. With CCENT, CCNA and CCNP Switching certification,Currently preparing for CCNP Routing and Troubleshooting certification.
• Cisco IOS, Radware OS (VxWorks) • MS DOS Shell/ Terminal
• CentOS 7, Ubuntu 15.04, Red Hat Linux 7 • Windows XP, 7,8,10, Mac OS X
• Perl, C, C++ • Cisco Packet Tracer and GNS3
• Application Load Balancing • VMware Hypervisors
• RADIUS, TACACS+ • L2, L3 and L7 Switching
• Network Security • DDOS Attack Mitigation
• Cloud based DDOS attack mitigation by BGP redirection • SSL offloading
• TIER 2 TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT CENTER(TAC), RADWARE INC., NJ
Oct 2013 to Nov 2015
Tools: Wget, Curl, TCL, WFetch 1.4, Mediawiki, Web Stress Tool for traffic generation, OpenSSL, OpenSSH, Kiwi Syslog server, VMware ESXi 4, VMware Workstation 10, APSolute Vision, APSolute Insite, FTP and TFTP server, MIB
Browser, STG (SNMP Traffic Grapher), TCPdump, Wireshark 2.0.1, WinSCP, PuTTY, MTPuTTY, PSCP, Secure CRT, Raptor (Attack Traffic Generator), FileZilla, Colasoft Packet Player, TCPing, Nmap, Nessus Scanner, hping3, RegEx.
Environment: AppDirector (Application Load Balancer: ODS –VL, ODS S2 and ODS S3), LinkProof (ISP Load Balancer: ODS –VL, ODS S2 and ODS S3), Alteon (Application Load Balancer: 2208, 2424-SSL, 4408, 4416, 5224, 5412, VA), DefensePro (Intrusion Prevention System: 10G, 20G, 40G, 300G) APSolute Vision Server (Network Monitor on SNMP polling and traps: OSD-VL, VA), Vision Reporter (Web based Java Application to record all historical data of managed devices by APSolute Vision Server), AppXcel (Transparent SSL off-loader: ODS-VL) Content Inspection Director (Flow Based Load Balancer: ODS3, ODS2), DefenseFlow (Software Defined Networking Attack Mitigator), CheckPoint DDOS Protector (10G, 20G, 40G, 300G), Console Server.
§ Configuring and troubleshooting server load balancing based on L3, L4 and L7 parameters.
§ Configuring and troubleshooting Local (VRRP) and Global Redundancy (DR site).
§ Assist customers on WebEx to set up complex architectures, for e.g., intensive server load balancing, ISP load balancing, Global and Local Triangulations.
§ Configuring and troubleshooting HTTP related service enhancements viz., SSL offloading, Caching & Compression.
§ Extensive use of OpenSSL & Windows Certificate Authority to manipulate SSL ciphers, generate server certs & intermediate certificate chain.
§ Setting up the lab devices to replicate the customer application environment and traffic patterns to reproduce the issue.
§ Coordinating with Tier-4 and R&D for complex issues and reporting as Bug when needed.
§ Used mix of Windows & Linux OSs and their respective tools for generating and manipulating client requests.
§ On security front; worked with customers to configure optimal network security and enhanced security when needed for their network by properly configuring their Intrusion Prevention System.
§ Depending on the customer network architecture (Symmetric or Asymmetric), recommended Network Protection policies (Flood protection, DOS/ DDOS protection)
§ Review the malicious packet(s) and configured custom signature(s) with the help of OMPC offsets in the packets on Intrusion Prevention System for the known attack / vulnerabilities upon customer’s request. For example, Poodle and Heartbleed Vulnerability.
§ Assist customers in mitigating the real time DOS and DDOS attack traffic by analyzing the anomalous traffic deviated from normal and configuring the DDOS Protector in such a way that it creates proper realtime footprints to automatically start blocking the attack.
§ Help customers to understand why attack traffic was not dropped in some cases during the post analysis of DOS attack and helped customer to understand source IPs of an attack and the target attack is looking for.
§ Analyzing Network Forensics for attacks and involving ERT (Emergency Response Team) for immediate assistance.
§ Explain customer the packet flow in the devices and explained the optimal configuration and traffic flow in Load Balancers and Intrusion Prevention Systems so that these devices do not overload or show high CPU
• GRADUATE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING, POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE OF NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
Oct 2011 to Dec 2011
Conducted TCP/IP lab sessions for other Graduate and Undergraduate students and resolved networking issues faced in Lab environment like, configuring routers for RIP, RIPv2, OSPF or static routing, solving connectivity
issues by correcting subnet mask or interface mismatch issues. Also build a desire network topologies as per the course work using proper Cisco Switches 3250 and PCs running Red Hat Linux distribution.
• GRADUATE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED PHYSICS, POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE OF NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
May 2012 to Oct 2012
Helped Prof E. Wolf in writing and publishing his upcoming book by providing him with relevant technical information from IEEE journals. And had many business communications with Ms. Jessica White, Oxford Press
UK about publication permissions and policies on behalf of my Professor.
Academic Projects and Papers
• Designed TCP simulation on comparison between RED and DT with a congestion control mechanism by NS3 and presented a technical report of the experiment at Polytechnic Institute of New York University in May 2013.
• Completed Project on ‘Patch Panel Antenna’ at B.S.N.L Telecom Factory, Mumbai by studying its several factors like, EM wave pattern, VSWR, Polarization, Gain and designed a Patch Panel Antenna of calculated dimensions with 70 MHz (824MHz to 894 MHz) bandwidth and tested it in Anechoic Chamber to cater for urban as well as rural application in wireless loop communication system at the subscribers end for fix telephones in May 2010.
• Presented Technical Papers on Embedded Systems at a National conference at P.V.P.P College of Engineering, Mumbai conducted by Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering in Sept 2009.
• Presented Technical Papers on Nuclear Technology at Symposium at R.A. Institute of Technology, Mumbai conducted by International Society of Automation in Oct 2009.
• Submitted technical paper on Requirements for Internet Hosts- Application Layer and Protocols at Polytechnic Institute of New York University in May 2012.
• Polytechnic Institute of New York University, New York, NY, USA, May 2013
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Mumbai University, Mumbai, MH, India, May 2010
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication
• Awarded an Under Officer Rank in National Cadet Corp, at Sainik School Satara, Defense School, India.
• Awarded a merit-based scholarship of $4000 from NYU Poly Graduate Center for the academic year 2011- 2012.
• Won 2nd prize in Project Presentation in Symposium, Mumbai conducted by International Society of Automation
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.