I'm a Portuguese woman with Nursing Degree. I have work experience in Private/Public hospital. I am looking for a job that will further develop my career.
February 2014 – till present BRITISH COUNCIL
ADULT COURSE – INTERMEDIATE
• Improvement of English in a daily and professional context (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing modules)
April 2012 – December 2013 HPP CASCAIS – HOSPITAL DR. JOSÉ MARIA GRANDE
NURSE – OBSTETRICS/GYNECOLOGY – DELIVERY ROOM
While part of HPP Group, Cascais Hospital offers the provision of services based on humane and respect for the individual, ethics, quality, competence and innovation. A Public-private hospital accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI).
• Collaborate with Midwives in nursing care with pregnancy women before, during and after childbirth.
• Knowledge of electronic fetal monitor – Cardiotocography.
• Prepare pregnancy women for elective or emergency cesarean section.
• Provide assistance to the Anesthesiologist in invasive technique and administering medication for analgesia or anesthesia.
• Prepare the birthing room for delivery complying with sterility standards.
• Assist Midwives or obstetricians during delivery or instrumental delivery.
• Take care of the newborn immediately after delivery and evaluate the Apgar Score.
• Assist new mothers with physical and emotional needs immediately after delivery.
• Promoting mother self-care and newborn care.
• Teach new mothers breastfeeding techniques.
• Circulating and anesthesia nurse skills in case of cesarean section and gynecology surgeries.
• Skills in elements and practices of sterile technique and controlling infection.
• Nursing care in Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
• Nursing care in Obstetric urgency Unit
• Established a solid and trusted relationship with team colleagues.
• Received very positive performance management reviews on an on-going basis.
• Demonstrated strong practical skills in prioritising, multi-tasking and time management as well as the ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines.
March 2011 – February 2012 HPP CASCAIS – HOSPITAL DR. JOSÉ MARIA GRANDE
NURSE – OBSTETRICS, MATERNITY UNIT
• Admission and integration for new mothers in the service;
• Assist new mothers with physical and emotional needs after the delivery of a baby;
• First aid care to mother and son/family in hospital context, promoting the breastfeeding, the self-care and the care with the newborn;
• Identification and intervention in the risk factors/complications with the woman post-delivery;
• Identification and intervention in the risk factors/complications with the newborn;
• Vaccination and execution of the hearing screening test in newborn;
• Preparation of the woman for continuing care with newborn in family environment.
• Developed solid and trusted relationships with colleagues, and received numerous commendations for providing a consistently high level of support on newborn and new mothers.
August 2010 – February 2011 WOMEN’SECRET – CORTEFIEL GROUP
STORE EMPLOYEE – CLOTHES INDUSTRY
• Customer service;
• Replacement of shop and storage;
• Support in organizing the warehouse.
• Demonstrated great capacity in the relationship between employee and client.
• Received very positive performance management reviews respecting internal rules of daily sales.
September 2006 – June 2010 POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE OF PORTALEGRE, PORTUGAL
STUDYING FULL TIME
• Successfully gained a Degree in Nursing and significantly improved theoretical and practical knowledge during studies.
• Internships at Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Medicine and Psychiatry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Nursing Degree – Polytechnic Institute of Portalegre, Portugal (2006 – 2010)
Internships at Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Medicine and Psychiatry.
• Other Professional Qualifications
Adult Basic Life Support, HPP Cascais (2012)
Manchester Triage System, HPP Cascais (2013)
Neonatal Resuscitation, HPP Cascais (2013)
• Additional Training and Qualifications
English Course For Adults (Intermediate) – British Council, Saudi Arabia (2014)
• Mother tongue: Portuguese
• Fluent (written and oral) in English, with intermediate skills in Spanish, French.
• Advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Internet and Email, as well as a variety of in-house software packages.
• Member of the Portuguese Council of Nurses (Nr. 5-E-68168).
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.