An innovative, experienced event manager with expertise in corporate events management and conference organisation, with a strong background in event marketing and sales. Extensive experience in project delivery across both corporate and non-profit associations. Extremely organized and business-oriented, with a wide background in the successful planning and seamless execution of exceptional meetings and events.
European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) – EACTS House, Madeira Walk, Windsor SL4 1EU, UK
Events Manager 01/12/2013 – Present
Events Co-ordinator 27/06/2012 – 01/12/2013
Association dedicated to organising training and conferences for cardio-thoracic surgeons in Europe and the rest of the world with the aim of advancing education in the field of cardiac, thoracic and vascular interventions.
• Planning and coordination of international and local conferences; Managing the delivery of events and overseeing the planning and execution of onsite logistics;
• Administering and overseeing expenditure of the budget for meetings and conferences; Maintaining a positive profit/loss ratio;
• Liaison with event speakers, industry and external suppliers; Scientific programme secretary;
• Strategic partnership with key industry companies and obtaining sponsorship for training purposes;
• Strategic events marketing and sales;
• Company representative on international forums and ancillary meeting participation;
• Efficiency in project delivery within tight deadlines: gathering the various elements, analysing and prioritising, linking the appropriate data, determining direction, how and where to get missing information or additional resources and completing the task making adjustments along the way;
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural environment gained through my education and work experience in different countries;
• Team spirit and great communication skills; Flexibility and quick thinking to be able to adapt to changing requirements, last minute changes, mistakes etc;
• Assessment of communication plans, special packages, processes, and look and feel experience in collaboration with cross-company teams; Strategic development and innovation; Event sales;
• Planning and delivery of an average of 7 external events around Europe (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Serbia, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Moscow) and 20 local events per year;
• Planning and on-site management of the 26th, 27th and 28th Annual Meetings in Barcelona, Vienna and Milan. The Annual Meeting is a 5 day conference which takes place once a year, with a maximum of 17 sessions, with an attendance of approximately 7000 delegates and a high industry involvement (around 100 exhibitors, satellite sessions and educational grants) and a budget of approximately 3M EUR; Management of approximately 300 speakers/event out of 700 call out on papers; Project manager for App development for the past 3 Annual Meetings;
• Research and monitoring of an European Database of all the best cardio-thoracic hospitals in Europe;
• Long term relationships and extensive network of contacts from major industry companies in the world (medical devices developers, AV, Housing agencies, PCOs etc.)
European Parliament – 60 Wiertz Street, B-1047 Brussels/Strasbourg, Belgium/France
MEP Assistant 01/01/2011 – 01/08/2011
• Delivery of conference and reunion reports, debriefings and press articles with expertise in international relations and foreign affairs; Drafting and coordinating political strategy and lobbying work to influence relevant legislation via Parliamentary Committees and plenaries;
• Agenda management and assistance to the MEP with his day-to-day duties; Running meetings and writing speeches for the plenary meetings and press work; Representing the MEP in external meetings, briefing colleagues and the media;
• Recruitment, management and training of interns;
• Extensive knowledge of political and foreign affairs and continuous up to date research in foreign affairs;
• Great analytical and drafting skills reports, speeches, Parliamentary questions/letters and constituent queries;
• Translation and interpretation in both political and legal fields;
• Petition to launch the “Erasmus for All” project for North African Undergraduate Students: http://www.enpi-info.eu/medportal/opportunities//19620/Erasmus-Mundus-project-to-launch-mobility-schemes-for-undergraduate-and-staff-from-North-Africa
• Improved cooperation with Eastern European countries through being a representative within the EURONEST Parliamentary Assembly;
• Passed through amendments on written declarations and reports on the upgrade of EU’s role as a global actor as well as recommendations and proposals with regard to integration of Turkey within the EU;
ProTeine – 91, Lambeau Avenue, 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Event Organiser 01/09/2009-15/07/2011
ProTéine is a national and international agency specialized in events and exhibitions. Based in Brussels, the agency delivers a range of services in Brussels, Flanders, Wallonia and all neighbouring European countries like the Netherlands, France and Germany.
• Project management and co-ordination of onsite events;
• Co-ordination and administration of logistics and technical aspects;
• Strategic promotion of industry products during events; Marketing, communication plan and dialogue strategy with the stakeholders;
• Creativity in conceiving projects and finding prompt solutions to different issues;
• Establishing good working relationships with clients and stakeholders in reaching the common objectives;
• Good command of Microsoft Office tools and internet research; Team spirit and good knowledge of graphic design programmes;
• Successful conference organizations for different Departments (DGs) of the European Commision: DG Climate Action (CLIMA), DG Education and Culture (EACS), DG Energy (ENER), DG Justice (JUST), DG Service for Foreign Policy Instruments (FPI), DG Trade (TRADE), Brussels and Strasbourg (2009-2011);
• Optima Business Consultancy Conferences in Belgium, France, The Netherlands and Luxembourg (2010-2011);
• Marketing campaign Audi AreA1, Brussels and Barcelona (2010); Volvo promotion campaign, Brussels (2010); Luxair promotion campaign, Luxembourg (2011);
• Salon Seafood and ICT Conference, Brussels (2009-2011);
City University London – Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB, UK 01/10/2012 – 30/04/2013
Certificate – Major Event Management
Planning and managing events; Budget, marketing, sponsorship and legal context; Risk assessment; Health & safety
University of Westminster – 309 Regent St, London W1B 2UW, UK 15/09/2011 – 15/09/2012
MA – International Relations – Distinction
Foreign affairs; International law; Economy; International relations and security
Université Libre de Bruxelles – Franklin Rooseveltlaan 50, 1050 Brussels, Belgium 15/09/2008 – 30/06/2011
BA – Political Science – Distinction
Political and foreign affairs; Private, public and international law; Psychology; Philosophy; Economy
Romanian – mother tongue
Russian – mother tongue
English – fluent
French – fluent
Spanish – intermediate
German – basic
Italian – basic
ANY RELEVANT ADDITIONAL SKILLS /INTERESTS
Driving licence B;
Translation and interpretation with expertise in legal field;
Design sketching and drawing; HTML and web design;
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.