Mechanical engineer with 13 plus years experience in power generation industry , filling O&M engineering and management positions.
M.S., Engineering, Major: Marine Engineering
Naval Academy, Varna, Bulgaria
Officer in Charge of an Engineering Watch
Thermal Power Plant, Process, Operations & Maintenance Management
Executive Leadership Development Program
Risk Opportunity Analysis
Failure Scene Investigations
Root-Cause Analysis Methods
Basic Failure Analysis
Human Error Reduction Techniques
IOSH Managing Safety Training
2007 – 2014
AES, Various Locations (Global provider of electricity generation and distribution)
Maintenance & Repair Manager, AES Maritza East 1 Power Station, Galabovo, Bulgaria (2012-2014)
Orchestrated Mechanical, Electrical, C&I, and Planning & Condition Monitoring maintenance of 670 MW lignite coal power plant to include 72 Engineers and Technicians and control of budget as high as €11M. Drafted business plans for Maintenance, Boiler, Turbine, Material Handling, BOP, FGD, and WTP Departments, and recruited and trained staff. Provided inventory and equipment management, planned and coordinated annual plant outages, and headed department Safety Program.
• Participated in transition of plant from construction phase to commercial operations.
• Led design modification of IDF, fly ash transportation system, and FGD agitators.
• Issued recommendations for improvement of plant operations and resolution of maintenance-related issues.
• AES Maritza Safety Champion 2013, as well as AES Safety Merit Award from British Safety Council 2013.
Mechanical Maintenance Leader, AES Maritza East 1 Power Station, Galabovo, Bulgaria (2009-2011)
Ensured maintenance of power plant mechanical equipment including turbine, boiler, material handling, BOP, FGD, and auxiliary equipment through oversight of 40 Engineers, Technicians and Subcontractors, as well as provision of budget control.
• Engaged in engineering review and oversaw mechanical construction of 670 MW TPP Maritza East 1 Power Station.
• Prepared Mechanical Maintenance Department for operations and commissioning phase of project to include licensure of Mechanical Maintenance Department for maintenance and repair of high-risk equipment.
• Drafted mechanical equipment maintenance plans, and recruited and trained Mechanical Maintenance staff.
• Oversaw spare parts selection and purchasing, equipped mechanical workshop with tools and machines, and established 4-year service contracts.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, AES Maritza East 1 Power Station, Galabovo, Bulgaria (2007-2009)
• Supervised construction and commissioning of power plant.
Project Engineer, AES Kilroot, Northern Ireland (2008)
• Provided project engineering and mechanical support for construction and commissioning of Sea Water Flue Gas Desulfurization Plant.
Mechanical Support Engineer, AES Cartagena, Spain (2008)
• Delivered mechanical support during steam turbine overhaul and BOP maintenance for 1200MW CCGT.
2002 – 2007
SEABOARD TTC (B), Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Local provider of electric power operating facilities)
Junior Mechanical Engineer
Contributed to operations maintenance and repair of floating power plant and monitored engines, logging and software control system.
• Provided operation maintenance and repair of 7 Wartsila 18V38 engines (73.5 MW), LO and HFO Alfa Laval separators and auxiliary steam generator.
• Operated and maintained Sperre and Ingersol Rand air compressors.
2001 – 2002
NAVIGATION MARITIME BULGARE, Varna, Bulgaria (Provider of logistics and transportation services)
4th Grade Mechanical Engineer
Operated main engine, machinery, and auxiliary equipment aboard ship to include boilers, steering and deck machinery, motors, pumps, generators, and condensers.
• Monitored Engine Room for performance of engines, machinery, and auxiliary equipment, and supervised Engine Room crew.
• Inspected, maintained, and provided emergency repair of engines, machinery, and auxiliary equipment.
Bulgarian, English, Spanish and Russian (basic)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.