I am a 46 year old Results-oriented MBA, BSc & CPA professional with over 15 years of local and international work experience in Finance, Operations Management, Capacity Building and Academia. I have consulting, industry and teaching experience in the fields of Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, Corporate Strategy and Change Management.
Currently I am the Director, Distance & E-Learning Programmes at St. Paul’s university, Kenya as well as the Chairman, Tana Water Services Board, Kenya
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Thames Valley University (Now University of West London), UK 2003 – 2004
MBA (FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT)
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) 1990 – 1992
BSC 2ND CLASS UPPER DIV (MATHEMATICS & COMPUTER SCIENCE)
CPA PART 3 SECTION V
Oct 2012 – Date: Chairman, Board of Directors, Tana Water Services Board
Duties: Overseeing and directing the affairs of the Board as it provides leadership to the organization and support the CEO in planning and managing the policies, strategies and objectives that drive TWSB towards a sustainable future. The board has jurisdiction over six counties and is one of eight water boards that serve the country with water services and develop water infrastructure.
July 2013 to date: The Director, Distance & E-Learning Programmes, St. Paul’s University, Nairobi.
Duties: Having been part of the founding team for this business unit, my work entails overseeing and managing programmes under this mode of learning in addition to developing policies, resources and general infrastructure necessary to support its development and growth.
Sep 2011 to June 2013: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT, ACCOUNTING & FINANCE, St. Paul’s University, Nairobi responsible for over 1500 students.
Duties: Overseeing and managing business programmes namely
• Bachelor of Business Administration and Management (BBA)
• Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM)
• Diploma in Business Management
As head of department I was entrusted with maintenance of quality and integrity of the business programmes through:
• Regular revision of curriculum and supporting content
• Assist the University Senate in identifying suitably qualified lecturers both full-time and Part-time to teach at the Nairobi Campus
• Coordinating lecturers and support staff to ensure smooth running of the department.
• Being a member of the Board of Examiners to work closely with other heads of departments and deans to review exam results to ensure quality standards were adhered to at all stages of the exams process
• Building University-Industry linkages to assist our graduates get suitable industrial attachment and jobs whenever possible
In addition to the above managerial roles, I serve as Lecturer at both undergraduate and MBA programmes in both accounting and quantitative units. Subjects covered include:
• Financial Accounting and Management Accounting
• Business Mathematics and Business Statistics
• Financial and Operations Management
• International trade finance
Jan 2011 – Aug 2011: St. Paul’s University: LECTURER IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE modules at both the Nairobi and Limuru campuses of the university
Others: Jan 2008 – Dec 2010: Lectured as a visiting tutor in a diverse range of subjects at the institutions below:
• Catholic University
• IAT School of Business (St. Paul’s University Programmes):
• Africa Nazarene University
In addition to the above, I served as an EXTERNAL CONSULTANT in the fields of Finance, Corporate Strategy and Change Management/Restructuring in particular to:
• Fountain Enterprises Programme (FEP), Nairobi, Kenya
• Phleng Engineering Ltd
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR, Clark Worldwide, London UK: 2004 – 2007.
Job Purpose: Clark Worldwide serves the publishing industry in the UK and USA markets with logistical support. My role involved running the operations department and in particular:
• Coordinating shipment of freight from UK to Europe, USA and other continents by sea, air and road.
• Negotiating with both clients and service providers to give first-class services at the best rates
• Design and implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for operations department
• Analysis of departmental turnover matching resources utilised and profits realised hence establishing an optimal level of operation to remove ‘rush-hour’ inefficiencies.
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER, Neluth Publications; Nairobi, Kenya: September 2001 – September 2002
• Development of business plan for a small start-up publishing firm and overseeing its implementation
• Market development and designing of the logistical structure for the printing, shipping and distribution of the books.
• Finance and administration functions
FINANCIAL CONSULTANT, Coca-Cola Africa Limited; Nairobi, Kenya: 2000 – August 2001
• Overseeing various functions of the accounts department to facilitate division office relocation.
• Month end accounts and CAPEX evaluations and reporting.
• Variance analysis and other ad hoc duties
• Financial analysis and reporting
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT, Coca-Cola Africa Limited; Nairobi, Kenya: 1996 – 2000
• P&L and Balance Sheet preparation for month-end reporting
• Overseeing accounts payables and receivables sections
• Involved with budgetary process by constructing rolling estimates, variance analysis and writing and presenting related management narratives to senior management.
ICT Qualification and Experience
• Ms PowerPoint
• Ms Word
Extra curricular Interests
• Interest in research and writing of both creative and academic works (Authored a fast selling novel (The Pygates) and currently working on the manuscript of a second novel as well as a mathematics text book for undergraduate programmes)
• Serious interest in film direction and production. Currently working to link Kenya’s film hub generally referred to as Riverwood with St. Paul’s University to enable us provide film studies to its membership.
• Have written and directed two short films and a pilot episode for a soon to air situational drama.
• Motivational speaking
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.