A professional with over 14 years’ experience defining and developing company environmental and facilities strategies. Now living successfully an international experience as an Environmental Engineer. Led a team of ten engineers achieving excellent results in successful technical management of 600,000 m2 of office buildings. Utilizing an innovative thinking style of leadership and an innate ability to see the big picture and at the same time, he is a result oriented professional.
Alcoa Manufacturing (GB) Ltd, Birmingham (UK) November 2012 – present
Overseeing and coordinating environmental aspects of the site operations to ensure on-going compliance with legal and other requirements. Leading and supporting environmental improvements across a range of issues in all areas of the facility.
• Management of site´s ISO 14001 management system.
• Management of site´s Environmental Operating Permit.
• Compliance with Alcoa´s standards and reporting requirements.
• Update the site with the new environmental technologies.
• Management of contractors on project basis.
• Update the legal requirement system (IHS) and identify and schedule the appropriated tasks to meet with.
• ISO 14001 fulfilled with no major non-compliance.
Forum for the Future, Bristol (UK) April 2012 – June 2012
Bristol´s Big Green Week Project Intern
Worked in the Communication Team. Helped to publicise the event through social networking and direct marketing and liaised with companies involved in the event. More than 30,000 people attended the events and more than 50 companies were involved in the BGW.
Relocated to embark on a Master in Business English June 2011 – April 2012
Inmobiliaria Colonial, Barcelona (Spain) August 2000 – May 2011
Environmental and Senior Facilities Manager July 2007 – May 2011
• Influenced the shift of the company’s orientation towards the environment and energy efficiency. Proposed and led the installation of renewable technology and energy and water conservation measures within the company.
• Led the process of acquiring appropriate energy and environmental certification (LEED, BREEAM etc.), which included liaising with a team of specialists such as project managers, architects, consultants and engineers, for the Company´s new real estate projects.
• Managed the environmental and technological issues of office buildings. Assured compliance with legislation.
• Managed the energy consumption of buildings with an annual budget of € 3,650,000 and coordinated the tender process for energy suppliers.
• Evaluated new green technologies for environmental and energy efficiency improvements such as the building of control systems and energy management systems. Investigated a number of suppliers and liaised with some (such as Trend and Sauter Technology)
• Managed expertise on sustainable design and the improvement of the environmental performance of new building developments.
• Managed rehabilitation projects of heritage buildings. Budget more than € 8,000,000.
• Defined a five-year strategic plan for improving the competitiveness of the enterprise, based on the positioning of the company in the Environmental, Energy Efficiency and Technology areas. Made the presentation to the Executive Committee.
• Carried out development of technological projects for the implementation of energy saving measures in office buildings. Negotiated the price of electricity, saving € 610,000 in 2 years.
Senior Facilities Manager August 2000 – July 2007
• Managed a team of 10 external Facility Managers and the facilities of 600,000 m2
• Led quarterly review meetings with the Facilities Management service provider to control the service levels and outcomes agreed. Controlled the results, monitoring with SAP PM Module against KPIs, assessed deviations from schedules and agreed improvement proposals.
• Improved and managed the technical contracts with the different types of suppliers.
• Planned, agreed and managed the maintenance budget for the Property Management department of the business.
• Negotiated for purchases with manufacturers in the area of facilities, resulted in savings of more than € 4,000,000 in the last three years.
• Designed and managed contracts with suppliers of maintenance services with an annual budget of € 4,2350,000. Managed the tender process for the maintenance and cleaning service with a saving of € 1,300,000.
Junior Facilities Manager, Ferrovial Servicios, Barcelona October 1998 – July 2000
Internship in a Thermal Power, Endesa, Escatron February 1998 – September 1998
Master’s Degree in Creation and Management of Innovative Technology-based Companies
Faculty of Economy – University of Barcelona 2010-2011
Master’s Degree in Business Environmental Engineering 2009-2010
Chemical Institute of Sarriá
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) 2002-2004
Polytechnic University of Catalonia
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering 1989-1996
University of Saragossa (6 years degree + Final project)
English: Fluent written and spoken (Professional working proficiency)
French: Basic level
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.