Over 10 years experience and expertise in Purchase (both domestic & import), Store Management, Inventory Control, Logistics. Last 4 to 5 years experience in supervisory/managerial level in purchase. Also 4 to 5 years experience in supervisory level in stores & inventory control/Logistics Thorough knowledge and experience in complying the Articles of Universal Commercial Codes, Various Types contracts, Leases, Licenses, Subcontracting, ABG, PBG, Security/Surety, EPC, purchase policies and procedures, negotiation, RFQ, RFI, RFP, Comparative Statements, Vendor evaluation, OSP, quality audit requirement, QCDDM, Payment term, price optimization(Fixed, at the time of delivery, cost plus, escalation/decline protection clause, guaranteed max.price, cash/qty discount), delivery term, Hedging, Forward contract, Rate contract, creating & maintaining approved suppler base, Project purchase management, PERT/CPM, Standardization, variety reduction, value analysis, rationalization, MRP, KANBAN replenishment, Planning, scheduling, purchase budgeting, GAP analysis, strategic sourcing, selective inventory control, material identification system, coding, space utilization, material handling systems, inventory cycle, ABC/VED Analysis, JIT, OTIF, Reverse logistics, Lean supply chain management, Load planning, Route scheduling, Market/physical/rupee density, Demand planning, Air/Sea/Road transportation, unitisatisation, packaging, containerization, DRP, documentation, warehousing, liasoning with CHA, Freight forwarder, Shipping line, comparison various cost break ups of freight forwarders(weight slab rate, Dry container rate, FCL, LCL, BULK, FSC, SSC, DO, port clearance, x-ray etc., commission BAF, CAF, ) , Total landed cost, Cost reduction techniques, BPR, Industrial Engineering, PPC, PPAP, MIS, conversant with ERP. Thoroughly conversant with Import/Export procedures, INCOTERMS, various types of cargoes, vessels, containers, organizations determining air/sea tariff and standards of operation, Customs Clearance, Documentation, Duties.
1) Presently working in MPS GROUP OF COMPANIES as Manager Purchase from November’2012 to continue.
Job responsibility entails:
PURCHASE: Performing & controlling all purchasing functions following purchasing procedures, policies and systems and audit compliance both domestic and import by demand and forecast planning, inventory planning, replenishment, lead time analysis, production schedule compliance, MRP, Budget, RFQ, RFI, RFP, rate contract, open order, comparative statement, on time in full delivery, source selection, vendor development, purchase order managing, follow up with supplier for timely delivery, quality conformance.
• Seasonal bulk purchase of raw materials which are governed by Agricultural Produce Market Committee Act(fruits,vegetables,pulses) and Essential Commodities Act(sugar) negotiation and source selection being done taking into consideration the basic price, levy of market cess, commission and brokerage, in-transit storage cost, transportation cost, open sale price.
• Purchase of processed extract and pulp of fruits. Variance analysis, maintaining approved supplier base
2) Worked in LINDSAY INTERNATIONAL PVT LTD, an export house, as Deputy Manager – Purchase from May’2011 to Octobar’2012. Job responsibility entails:
PURCHASE: Sourcing indegeneaous components and spares (Furnace) on the basis of order obtained from customer abroad on the basis of part nos, specification etc keeping in mind the FOB value and prices (usually CIF) are negotiated accordingly, creating & maintaining approved supplier base, variance analysis
EXPORT :Exporting the purchased materials, documentation( Export order, order acceptance,invoice mentioning the proportionate duty credit of DEPB and PMV(subject to max. value), packing list, Value Declaration, GR form, Certificate of origin/GSP, bill of lading, MSDS, insurance,D.O,ARE 1,Shipping bill, Certificate of inspection,etc),execute B1 bond and issue CT-1 certificate(part I,II) to manufacturer,co-ordination with CHAs, freight forwarders, Shipping company for customs clearance, filing shipping bill/Bill of Export, EGM, appraising the goods, stuffing container, sealing container in presence of excise authority, shipping order, mates receipt, let export order. Preparing Bill of Exchange (usually 21 days credit from Bill of lading) taking into consideration of foreign exchange remittance at the rate stipulated in export contract, prime rate/LIBOR, TT buying rate and selling rate, ECFC, ACU, permitted currency, hedging option/forward contract, compliance with FEMA, PCFC, ECGC, RCMC, obtaining certificate of export and realization, proof of export (custom certified copy of ARE 1).
3) Worked in HINDUSTHAN NATIONAL GLASS & INDUSTRIES LTD, having Glass container manufacturing business, as Purchase Officer from Octobar’2008 to April’2011. Job responsibility includes:
DOMESTIC PURCHASE : Need identification for particular material, Obtaining Purchase Requisition, Checking the reorder level, safety stock level, Placing inquiry form & Obtaining quotation, Vendor evaluation, price, terms and condition negotiation using price-cost analysis, vendor evaluation technique, value analysis, standardization, variety reduction, market survey, creating & maintaining approved supplier
• Negotiation(domestic items; spares of plant& machinery, material handling . and vehicles, consumables, printing& stationary) being done on the basis of type of material e.g. for branded or readily available material, purchase is made on the basis of price list obtained from the dealers whether or not entering rate contract with them depending on the volume and frequency of the requirement, availability of discount, or obtaining quotation from two to three vendors and making comparative statement on the basis of price, qty, taxes and duties, mode of delivery, mode of payment, quality. Thease items are also purchased directly from OEM. Some spares and components are purchased on make-to-order basis on the basis of drawing, bill of material, specification
• RFQ, RFI, RFP, open order, comparative rate contract MRP ,Budget, MPS compliance, purchase scheduling, vendor development, Source selection & Placing orders, follow up for conformance with material specification, timely delivery, GAP analysis,
IMPORT (spares, plant & machinery, raw material) :Import source selection considering past price structure, present change in price, assessing cost plus profit margin if possible, comparison with other supplier’s(abroad) price, price list, contemporary import price of the said material, domestic market price of the material, specialty of the supplier, OEM.
• Import order placing considering all the terms and conditions like Incoterms, importability(Exim Policy), type of packaging, phytosanitary treatment, mode of dispatch, selecting freight forwarder after analyzing their quotation, payment terms considering advance payment, bank guaranty is required or not, performance bank guaranty, document against payment, document against acceptance,TT, letter of credit, service like, erection, installation, commissioning, documentation required(invoice, packing list, B/L,AWB, certificate of origin, phytosanitary/fumigation certificate, MSDS, warranty certificate, inspection certificate, catalogue/literature), delivery schedule,insurance, warranty, liquidated damage, arbitration etc.
• Documentation for import consignment taking into account GATT declaration, value declaration, no commission declaration, import order,acceptance,letter of credit, along with other shipping documents, close co-ordination with CHAs for determining right Tariff code/HS code, rate of duty, timely filing of bill of entry, IGM, customs formalities and clearance,CAN,Entry inward, berth allotment, unloading, tallying of goods declared,survey , material handling & storage,noting bill of entry, appraisement, manifestation, payment of duty,out of charge order etc, freight forwarders, shipping companies for timely delivery, avoidance of demurrage due to detention/repair
• MIS like Fund requirement for import purchase according to payment terms and delivery schedule, cost comparison of capital goods, spares, raw material,expenses for Port Charges
• Scrutinizing CHA’s & Freight forwarder’s bill, shipping bill in case of detention demurrage of container, maintaining landed cost of all imported material, calculation of duty under DEPB import for availing CENVAT. Audit compliance
• Re-export of rejected/repairing/replacement items taking into account the duty drawback depending on the time span of usage of the material, identifiability of material etc
4) Worked in EVEREADY INDUSTRIES (I) LTD as Officer- Materials from July’2006 to Octobar’2008. Job responsibility includes:
STORES & INVENTORY CONTROL: Receiving all incoming materials after checking challans/cash memos with orders & requisitions, Performing all stores and inventory control function, Maintaining close co-ordination with outside processing vendors, Disposal of scrap, usage variance analysis
DISPATCH: Scheduling of dispatch, Stock level maintaining to ensure steady support to demand of sales, Load and route planning to ensure delivery at right time to all the places, selecting/contracting with couriers/transporters,documentation,Follow up with transporter and couriers, Dispatch of finished goods,
PURCHASE(both domestic and import): Obtaining Purchase Requisition and performing all routine jobs of purchasing like obtaining quotation, source selection, order placing, follow up with vendor, transporter,courier,CHA, survey of imported items, estimation of short supply/demurrage and claiming duty drawback, scrutiny of bill, co-ordination with accounts etc. Maintaining all documents according to audit req.
5) Worked in a reputed Textile company (100% Export oriented unit) namely J.J.SPECTRUM SILK LTD. as a Jr. Store officer from January’2005 to July’2006.Job responsibilities include:
STORES & INVENTORY CONTROL : Receiving all incoming materials after checking challans/cash memos with orders & requisitions, Checking quantity of materials, giving information to concerned department for inspection of quality,Making Receipt of the material,Making Goods Receipt Note, and sending to accounts department for payment, Issuing materials after checking signature by the authorized person in the requisition slip and stock available in the store, Arranging for rejection of materials, which are failed in the quality inspection, Periodical stocktaking for Stock level maintaining(reorder level, safety stock level, min level, max level), keeping stock turnover at optimum level, accounting for obsolete items,slow moving/non moving items, ABC analysis, VED analysis, proper material identification system and stores management and smooth material handling, disposal of scrap, accounting for sub contracting/repairing items, tallying physical stock with book stock, variance analysis, Making consumption report and stock report, Maintaining all documents according to audit requirement
DISPATCH: Dispatching of material to subcontractor, quality testing, godown
6) Worked in a multinational construction company namely SIMPLEX CONCRETE PILES (I) LTD., as a Trainee Officer in store from March.2004 to Jan, 2005 at project site.Job responsibility include:
STORES & INVENTORY CONTROL: Receiving all incoming materials(measuring volume of sand stone, weight, qty length measurement of steel items like MS plates, angle, channel, beams, joist,spares of plant and machinery, consumables), Issuing materials, Ledger posting, GIB maintaining, SIB maintaining, Material statement preparation, Quarterly cost report preparation, scrap estimation, inventory control,
DISPATCH: Dispatching materials to various sites all over India, Central Stores, variance analysis
7) Worked in a logistics company namely ACCESS LOGISTICS &COURIER SOLUTION from May’2003 to Feb’2004. Job responsibility includes:
COURIER OPERATION: Deployment of manpower for pick up of documents from clients, manifestation, record maintaining, C/N preparation, sending documents to customers, franchisees, hubs, POD collection.
LOGISTICS OPERATION: Deployment of manpower for pick up of load from client, measurement of weight (also vol+umetric weight which one is greater), packing, c/n preparation, marking, documentation determining mode of dispatch, payment mode (CAD, To pay, Freight paid)
1)Pursuing I.C.W.A. Passed one group(gr II) of Intermediate from the year 2010 onward fromThe Institute Of Cost Accountants Of India.
2) MBA (Material Management) lateral entry 1 year after completing G.D.M.M in theYear 2007 and
3) G.D.M.M (3 year) in theYear2003 both from INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MATERIAL MANAGEMENT,a charter member of IFPMM, Atlanta, USA and accredited by IFPSM, Viena, Austria
4) P.G.D.B.M (1 year) in theYear 2000 from INSTITUTE OF MODERN MANAGEMENT
5) B.SC (CHEMISTRY HONS.) in theYear 1997 from A.J.C.BOSE COLLEGE, Kolkata, University Of Calcutta
TRAINING: ERP SAP MM Module (3years), Oracle (2and ½ years), Tally ERP 9,5s for ISO certification
COMPUTER EXPOSURE: MS-OFFICE, FRONTPAGE, HTML, CORELDRAW, PHOTOSHOP
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.