Having over 24 years of diverse experience with thorough understanding of many aspects of water and sanitation systems, including managing design, installation, and operation of water and sanitation systems, staff supervision, and site management. Also held several key positions related to the water concerns of the World Bank and Asian Development Bank.
M.Sc. (Environmental Engineering), Florida Institute of Technology, U.S.A. December 1993 GPA = 3.63. Courses attended: water & wastewater treatment, water quality analysis, air pollution, hazardous and solid waste engineering & management and environmental planning.
B.E., Mechanical Engineering
N.E.D. University of Engineering Technology, Karachi, Pakistan, 1986.
Course in Upgrading & Management of Urban Water Supplies from Loughborough, University of Engineering Technology, U.K. 1989. World Bank sponsored course in association with Mott. McDonalds and Balfours International Consulting Engineers, U.K.
Attended several other courses and seminars in the fields of computer operations, financial management and project management.
• Successfully completed six months of practical training in the “Art and Science of Sewerage and Sewage Treatment”, organised by M/s. Balfours International Consulting Engineers in London, under the assistance package of ODA from June 1989 to December, 1989.
• Successfully completed a course on “Water Supply Technology” from 28th February to 7th April, 1995 organised by Royal Thai Government with the co-operation of Japan International Co-operation Agency (JICA) & National Water Works Technology Training Institute (NWTTI) in Bangkok, Thailand.
• Successfully completed a training programme “Project Management” from 15th April 1996 to 17th May, 1996 organised by “Project Styring AB, Sweden”in Stockholm
• Successfully completed a training programme “Water Resources Management in Developing Countries” from 3rd May 1999 to 11th June 1999 organised by “Lund University, Sweden in Lund.
• Successfully completed a training programme “Domestic Waste Water Treatment Technique” from 27th August, 2001 to 9th December, 2001 organised by “JICA” in Kitakyushu, Japan.
• Attended a training programme “Managing Supplies” from 27th November, 2006 to 30th November, 2006 organised by “UNICEF” in Islamabad, Pakistan
• Attended a Workshop on “Benchmarking” from 18-22 February, 2008 in Bangkok, Thailand, organised by ADB.
• Completed the program “Project Management Module I & II” on 29th December, 2009 conducted by Tebodin Middle East Ltd., in Abu Dhabi, UAE
• Successfully completed an approved Course on “TEBODIN Safety Training Awareness” on 8th February, 2010 organized by SMTC Global, in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• Successfully completed a “Basic Health & Safety Training” on 28th March, 2010 organized by NAJMA Human Resources and Training Consultancy in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• Participated in the Seminar for Urban Water Service Management and Human Resources Development in Asian Region at JICA Yokohama and Yokohama Waterworks Bureau from January 16, 2012 to January 27, 2012, organized by the Japan International Cooperation Agency under the International Program of the Government of Japan.
Sept 2012 to date
Responsible for overall administration, management, implementation, monitoring and reporting as the chief of the Project Management Unit (PMU).
• dedicated professional to the project and serve as the focal point for project activities in KW&SB.
• initiate and execute the activities of the Project Management Unit, ensuring adherence to the project documents and work plans which form the basis for project implementation.
• responsible to the Project Steering Committee and also; develop and maintain close liaising with the sectoral government ministries/agencies, civil society, international organizations, stakeholders and implementing partners of the project.
• undertake the necessary administrative, financial and managerial responsibility and in time initiative to implement the project in maximal ways.
• Supervise and lead the water supply and sewerage project teams in discharging their duties at optimum level ensuring resources are employed efficiently and effectively.
• implement the decisions of the Project Steering Committee and seek for the best issues for further development of the project.
• undertake any other responsibility entrusted upon as may be assigned by the PSC or by government authority.
March 2012 to Sept 2012
Chief Engineer (Projects)
Direct activities of engineers engaged in preparing designs and plans to construct, enlarge, and modify facilities such as water treatment plants, pumping stations and other appurtenances. Provided engineering and technical direction for planning and design of water utility projects. Review plans and specifications prior to instituting project to determine whether they meet organizational requirements. Analyze and compile data received from engineers to prepare budget estimates. Direct and coordinate engineers in conducting studies, such as economics of systems operation, water distribution, and water treatment plants or relative equipment performance to determine most feasible approach to meeting organizational and technical problems.
October 2011 to March 2012
Dy.Chief Engineer (E&M)
Additional assignment as Dy.C.E, KWSB, responsible for the planning, O&M of all the E&M installations of KWSB including Bulk and boosting water pumping stations filter plants, sewage pumping and sewage treatment plants.
August 2010 to March, 2012
PROJECT MANAGER (S-III Project)
Responsible for overall project management, concept, preliminary and detailed designing, coordinating with Consultants in design approvals/NOCs, preparing technical notes, calculations and detailed design reports, finalizing technical specifications, tender documentation, tendering, tender evaluation, awarding, contract documentation and construction coordination with consultants for the several sewerage projects for KWSB as a part of Karachi city Sewerage Development Programme.
The projects include the design of conveyance system and treatment facilities to dispose sewage generated within the limits of Karachi City
– Design and approval of technical drawing submittals and coordination with all engineering
– Providing technical leadership for civil design of infrastructure projects
– Working with local authorities and ministerial agencies to ensure all design submittals comply with regulations
– Conducting topographic evaluations, route selection, and development of both concept and detailed designs
– Planning, organizing and undertaking monitoring of various infrastructure services.
– Preparing tender proposals along with assisting in preparation of presentations and meetings for current and prospective clients.
– Planning and management in accordance with project budgets
– Review, inspect and undertake verification works installed to ensure quality work for compliance with project documents
– Respond to Contractor queries and review construction issue drawings
– Maintain project administrative systems.
– Report on environmental and safety issues arising from work operations
– Coordinate information between the design office, contractor and client
March 2009 to July 2010
PROJECT MANAGER-TEBODIN MIDDLE EAST LIMITED, ABU DHABI
Joined TME as Project Manager, Water Networking Division,
• Lead site staff in controlling overall Project Quality, Safety, Progress and Cost Objectives, as well as to ensure all Project Documentation are properly controlled.
• Communicate with Client Representative continuously regarding the Project Progress and areas of concern.
• Prepare monthly progress report to Client Representative.
• Prepare special report to investigate any problem related to the Scope of Work and recommend solutions.
• Attend Executive weekly meetings, (progress, Quality, Safety) and make sure that weekly technical meetings are attended by all relevant disciplines.
• In depth involvement in Contractor submittals addressing Method Statements, Project Quality Plan, Safety Plan, Schedules and compliance with Project objective.
• Lead site staff in reviewing Contractor submittals (shop drawings, materials, vendors and any other submittals), and in evaluation and response to all request for information.
• Review and monitor the Contractor’s construction equipment and manpower and advice of any shortage.
• Review Contractor’s monthly progress invoice.
• Lead site staff in final inspection and preparation of Punch List.
• Preparation of closeout report.
Nov.2008 – to March 2009
Dy.Chief Engineer (E&M)
Served as Dy.C.E, KWSB and responsible for the planning, O&M of all the E&M installations of KWSB including Bulk and boosting water
Pumping stations filter plants, sewage pumping and treatment plants.
Sept.2005 – to November 2008 (Except for the period with UNICEF)
DEPUTY PROJECT MANAGER (E&M)-PROJECTS
Reports to the Project Manager while directly responsible for planning, coordination, development, supervision, implementation, administration, management, monitoring and evaluation of all the water and sanitation-related activities within the project wing.
Working as Dy.Project Manager (E&M)-Projects Responsible for providing technical and managerial support to projects and programmes on Mechanical and Electrical components of The Greater Karachi Water Supply Scheme, Phase-V, Sage-II, 2nd 100-MGD, K-III Project, comprising of construction of two water pumping stations (140 and 90 mgd) on EPC basis and installation of Insertion type electromagnetic probe flow meters and open channel flow meters to monitor the flows in bulk water supply system at various installations.
Undertakes regular field visits to monitor project activities, as well as conducts periodic project reviews with primary right holders, government counterparts and other stakeholders. Proposes or undertakes action on operational procedures affecting project management and implementation. Provides technical advice and assistance to supervision consultants and other partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project.
Other Assignments in hand:
1 Focal Person for CRC(Citizens Report Card)
2 Accountability officer for Continuous Improvement Benchmarking & Performance Indicators
3 Project coordinator for JICA Master Plan Study team
July.2006 – to 31st Dec.2006
PROJECTS OFFICER (WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION)
Worked as Project Officer -Water, Environment and Sanitation (WES), UNICEF Pakistan for its offices in Bagh, AJK.
Designs, prepares, implements, monitors and evaluates assigned programmes or specific project(s). Analyzes and evaluates data to ensure achievement of objectives and/or takes corrective action when necessary to meet programme/project objectives. Contributes to the development and/or introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project management and evaluation.
Prepares the sectoral documents for the Country Programme Recommendation (CPR) and Plans of Action, Country Programme Summary Sheet, and other programme documents, as required.
Participates in intersectoral collaboration with other programme colleagues.
Undertake field visits to monitor programmes, as well as conducts periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Proposes and/or undertake action on operational procedures affecting project management and implementation. Provides technical advice and assistance to government officials and other partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programme/project(s).
Meet with national and international agencies covering the management of programmes/projects. Participates in meetings with ministries responsible for programme/project review, and follows up on implementation of recommendations and agreements.
Assists government authorities in planning and organizing training programmes. Identifies training needs and objectives for the purpose of capacity building, programme sustainability, as well as promotion and advocacy.
Coordinates with the Operations/Supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring proper and timely UNICEF and government accountability. Certifies disbursements of funds, monitors and submits financial status reports to the Sr. Programme Officer or Representative, as required.
Participates in the development of the sectoral work plan, ensures the achievement of specific assigned objectives. Provides guidance and support to staff in meeting project objectives.
Ensures the accurate and timely input of project information in the computerized programme system, and issues status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Prepares programme/project status reports required for management, Board, donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
Other responsibilities include supply management, CAG assistance, and liquidation of funds, preparation of AWP, monitoring matrix, sitrep and progress reports.
Jan. 2004 – to Aug.2005
EXECUTIVE ENGINEER (PROJECTS)
Worked as Executive Engineer (Projects) Responsible for the planning, execution and supervision of Mechanical and Electrical components of The Greater Karachi Water Supply Scheme, Phase-V, Sage-II, 2nd 100-MGD, K-III Project. The Contracts (EPC) include construction of Pumping Stations at Dhabeji (100 mgd) and North East Karachi (60 mgd).
Assisted in the design of Pumping stations and allied engineering works.
1 assisted in preparing tender documents.
2 reviewing technical submissions;
3 liaising with various bodies and individuals; these may include local authorities, government agencies, clients, contractors, residents, suppliers, technical experts and other consultants;
4 monitoring the progress of projects from beginning to end,
5 controlling budgets;
6 administering contracts and ensuring that work is completed to time;
7 managing staff – other engineers, technicians, site workers.
Nov. 1999 – to Dec.2003
EXECUTIVE ENGINEER (O&M)
Worked as Executive Engineer (O&M) at Mauripur Sewage Treatment Plant. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the sewage treatment plant, planning and organising training of operational and maintenance staff, at different levels.
Oct. 1997- to Oct. 1999
EXECUTIVE ENGINEER (Industrial Effluent Monitoring Unit)
Responsible for the preparation and implementation of sewage Bye-Laws to control and monitor the discharge of industrial wastes in city limits.
Feb. 1994 – Sept. 1997
EXECUTIVE ENGINEER (Projects)
Worked as Project Engineer, participated as project specialist, throughout the full project cycle, as major contributors to project design during the preparation and appraisal phases, with full responsibilities for project implementation. This involves monitoring and day-to-day administration of loans and technical assistance projects in co-ordination with an assigned project economist involved in technical evaluation of proposed projects including supervising and analysing feasibility and related studies or proposals; determining the scope and supervision of technical assistance in preparing projects; and advising on operational and institutional matters (advisory and operational technical assistance); and dealing with government officials and representatives from public sector enterprises during missions and producing written documents for the mission results, as required. Co-ordinate actions with the Bank related to project supervision, including analysing equipment specifications in tender documents; approving bid documents; evaluating bids; monitoring project implementation; and collaborating in preparing project completion reports and consultants’ appointments.
Worked as Executive Engineer (Projects) on Mauripur Sewage Treatment Plant Project, Contract No. K2SA1, being funded by Asian Development Bank (Loan No. 1002-PAK). Responsibilities included Bid evaluation, procurement of M&E equipment, supervision of installation, commissioning & testing of Mechanical & Electrical equipment, and physical & financial monitoring.
Carried out Inspection / Testing of following materials to confirm their conformity to the Specifications of the Contract K2SA1.
i) Submersible Pumps (400 l/s), manufactured by Flygt in Sweden.
ii) Sewage Pumps (2000 l/s), manufactured by KUBOTA in Japan.
iii) HV & LV panels manufactured by AEG (Pakistan) Ltd.
iv) Transformer (150 KVA / 1600 KVA), manufactured by Siemens (Pakistan) Ltd.
v) Diesel Generating Sets (1400 KVA), manufactured by Perkins in Singapore.
vi) Cables (300 mm2 – 185 mm2), manufactured by Pioneer Cables (Pakistan).
Feb. 1989 – Mar. 1992
DESIGN AND LIAISON ENGINEER
Design and Liaison Engineer, worked with Karachi Water and Sewerage Board on detailed design and preparation of Contract Documents for Sewerage and Sewage Treatment of the City of Karachi, Pakistan. The projects include two lagoon treatment plants of total 80-Mgd capacity and approximately 200 km of trunk and secondary sewers including PVC lined reinforced concrete box culverts. Liaison with Consultants of M/s. Balfours Consulting Engineers to prepare capital work plans for future phases of the Sanitation programme for Karachi. In addition, liaison with Asian Development Bank missions.
Involved in the Specification and preparation of Contract Documents for a pilot project for the Survey and Rehabilitation of 200 km of pipelines, including the supply of CCTV and specialist jetting equipment.
Assisted on the preparation of Feasibility Reports, Contract Drawings and documents, evaluation of tender and Pre-qualification documents for a variety of Sewerage and Sewage Treatment projects. All projects are being funded by Asian Development Bank and World Bank.
Sept. 1987 – Jan. 1989
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE ENGINEER (M&E)
Employed by Karachi Water and Sewerage Board as Assistant Executive Engineer. Responsible for the running, Operation and Maintenance of Water Pumping Stations.
Jul. 1986 – Jul. 1987
Worked as Production Engineer with M/s. Jaffer Ibrahim & Co. Ltd. (Pak.). Responsible for the production of Insecticide sprayers for local market.
Fellowship awarded by the Japanese Government for Training in Domestic Waste Water Treatment Techniques in Japan, 2001.
Fellowship awarded by the Swedish Government for Training in Water Resources Management in Developing Countries in Sweden, 1999.
Fellowship awarded by the Swedish Government for Training in Project Management in Sweden, 1996.
Fellowship awarded by Royal Thai Government for Training in Water Supply Technology in Thailand, 1995.
Awarded Asian Development Bank scholarship for Graduate studies (1992 – 1993).
Member Chi-Epsilon National Honours Society, U.S.A. (1992).
Languages: English: Fluent, Urdu: Fluent
Member Pakistan Engineering Council.
Member Royal Institute of Public Health and Hygiene, UK.
Well conversant with MS Office Suite including MS Power Point, Internet, E-Mail,
Lotus Notes etc.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.