A hardworking and enthusiastic professional with good organisational and communication skills. Highly experienced with SQL Server, with a variety of database roles undertaken ranging from Insight Analyst to SQL Developer, up to my current role as SQL Team manager. I obtained a strong bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems. Intending to relocate to North America.
Education and Qualification
BSc Computer Information Systems Result: 2:1
University of Liverpool Sept 2003 – May 2007
• Undertook a variety of modules including a dissertation consisting of a real project for a local company involving updating and integrating a database system using Microsoft Access, whilst enabling it to be remotely accessible using PHP. Oral presentations to an audience of mixed technical expertise were also given
Creator (May 2012 – Present)
The roles within this fast paced digital marketing agency consisted of translating business requirements into robust bespoke technical solutions. Both positions required a keen eye for detail, with a proactive attitude and the ability to multitask whilst also being able to confidently communicate technical solutions to those with a range of skill sets.
SQL Development Team Manager (Mar 2014 – Present)
• Technical point of contact within the business for a large telecommunications client
• Acted as a buffer between non-technical project managers and SQL developers and was accountable for all work completed by a team of seven
• Oversaw all projects completed within the team, ranging from solution design through to implementation, testing, reporting and documentation
• Managed prioritisation of work for the team and ensured deadlines were met
• Estimated effort required for each project and suitable timelines
• Introduced & enforced policies and procedures to enable a consistent approach to all projects
• Reviewed the team’s work to ensure standards were met, also providing technical assistance and guidance to more junior developers
• Attended meetings with clients, assessing the feasibility of proposed projects and driving requirements to obtain further business
• Interviewed prospective employees
SQL Developer (May 2012 – Mar 2014)
• Used T-SQL to perform complex data selections creating and delivering dynamic marketing emails for high profile clients
• Created and optimised existing T-SQL scripts, SSIS packages and SSRS reports in order to improve efficiency
• Created a relational database used for an international travel website
• Implemented and maintained T-SQL views, functions, stored procedures, triggers and agent jobs
• Liased with internal Support team to enable them to quickly make ad hoc amendments or address errors in T-SQL processes
• Migrated existing complex procedures from T-SQL server to the IBM Unica
• Exposed to HTML, data warehousing techniques, agile methodologies, Jira and TCL
RNIB / Action For Blind People (Sept 2008 – May 2012)
The roles within this not for profit organisation involved the development and implementation of data solutions whilst also ensuring optimum database performance. This position required varied technical knowledge along with strong communication and problem solving skills.
Senior Database Support Administrator (Dec 2010 – May 2012)
Fundraising Insight Analyst (Sept 2008 – Dec 2010
• Performed data selections and analysis using T-SQL
• Provided first line support for CRM database users
• Automated regular processes to enable easy use for colleagues without technical knowledge
• Accountable for a data cleaning management budget of £20,000
• Produced ad-hoc and regular reports used to drive fundraising marketing strategies
• Performed SQL Server maintenance to ensure server efficiency and that downtime was kept to a minimum
• Created Crystal Reports for colleagues to easily run regular reports
Mitchells & Butlers (Mar 2008 – Sept 2008)
The role was within a new department, involving the implementation of a computerised system for pubs and restaurants to replace old till systems
Next Generation Data Administrator
• Managed data for chains of restaurants shortly after commencing employment
• Trained new employees and composed documentation to create a standard working procedure
Lloyds TSB Private Banking (June 2007 – March 2008)
The role at Lloyds TSB was within the Private Banking Investment Unit managing client accounts. This position required strong analytical and numeracy skills in conjunction with an organised and focussed attitude.
Trainee Investment Reviewer
• Analysed client portfolios to buy and sell stocks and shares accordingly
• Liased with Regional Managers for complex cases
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.