Experienced project manager delivering successful projects to time, to cost and to quality in IT/software/telecom. Projects range from small size to over $1Billion.
Strong communication skills managing multi-disciplined teams across multiple countries often where English is not the primary language and special techniques have to be used to ensure complete understanding.
Prince 2, PMI and Agile practitioner with years of experience in all the project management techniques including P&L.
BSc, Mathematical Sciences,
Bradford University, UK
I am a very experienced project manager having delivered many complex projects with international and local teams especially in the Asian region. I have a proven track record of projects delivered on time, within budget and to the complete customer specification. Projects have ranged from $00,000s up to projects realising $1Billion.
Management, Coaching and Mentoring:
• Establishment and management of projects with multiple, multi-disciplined teams from diverse cultures and integrating their outputs into a coherent customer solution. Team sizes have ranged from 10 -150 people per team.
• Often taking over existing teams and often re-motivating teams from a failure to success culture.
• Developing staff confidence and promoting a culture encouraging embracing new skills and expanding existing skills.
• Introduction of new techniques and programming languages.
• Remote management of off-shore subcontractor teams from Asian and western countries.
• Promoting staff responsibility and a desire to succeed.
• Prince 2 Practitioner and PMI certified, Agile Practitioner certification expected October 17.
• All the usual PM activities focussing on the key attributes of Time, Cost and Quality.
• Multi-channel cross company reporting to the CEO and main board of customers. This has included turning dissatisfied customers into reference points for new business.
• Customers have ranged from large customers such as the UK MOD and major telcos, to start up customers where I have worked with customers from inception to develop the solution.
• Clear communication between in-house and subcontractor teams.
• Clear focus on communication between staff of diverse multi-lingual cultures where special measures were required to achieve complete understanding.
In 2007 I returned to the UK to look after my mother whose health had deteriorated badly as I was her only relative. Established a small company providing IT support, web design, small business software support and marketing support to small businesses in the area. Now my mother has passed away I am keen to return to management in the ASEAN area particularly the Philippines for which I have a strong passion. Alternatively I am available for short time contract work in most places in the world.
Ericsson – Mozambique and Sudan
Senior Programme Manager
I was responsible for the installation of the Ericsson pre-paid billing system in Sudan including customization to the customer’s needs.
This was followed by the re-installation of the commercial post-paid billing system BSCS in Mozambique restoring billing after it had been halted for several months.
Infocom – Taiwan
I was responsible for the development of the software billing and customer care system for GSM 2.5. The initial team was based in Taiwan and later a second team was set up in the Philippines where object oriented skills were more readily available. Customers were Singapore Telecom, South China Mobile and an operator in Hong Kong.
Siemens – Philippines
Senior Programme Manager
Taking on a very dissatisfied customer I restored a failed project for the development and installation of a new billing and customer care system for a new mobile operator who also had a landline network. The project included the migration of customers from an earlier system.
The customer was completely satisfied and became a firm friend coming to work with me on my next project in Taiwan.
GPT Mobile Systems – Hong Kong
I was responsible for the specification, development, installation and acceptance of a billing and customer care system. Based on an existing set of ledgers from a UK software house the development comprised teams from the UK, Australia and Hong Kong.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.