Over 25 years leading expertise and specialization in integrated strategic commitments development, transacting, formalization, management and related change and risk coordination, amongst others related to major and very complex portfolios, projects and transactions (including Middle East).Extensive practice in claims and dispute avoidance, including alternative dispute resolution, through effective resolutions design, contracts, commercial and relationship management.
Specialist in contracts, as well as commercial, commitments and related risk management, claims and dispute avoidance and resolution pertaining to the comprehensive life cycle value chains, including those on major and mega projects with over 30 years practice and experience in the oil, gas, petrochemical, mining, construction, marine, finance and facilitation industries globally in such regions as Africa, Australasia, Eurasia, Middle East, Russia, Scandinavia, UK and USA.
Understand the business case and has a comprehensive grasp of transacting and the labyrinthine complexities associated with contracts and the management of commitments transpiring therefrom.
What sets me apart
• Expertise and towering competence.
• Sound commercial awareness and judgment.
• Provision of comprehensive solutions, sustainable outcome delivery and effectiveness driven as opposed to narrow process focus.
• Unlocking full potential through collaboration and strategic alignment.
• Multi-cultural perspective.
• Understanding of labyrinthine complexities of business, commitments and projects.
Brief Outline of Specialization (for detailed outline please refer to Appendices I – III)
• Contracts negotiations, development, drafting & management
• Commercial management
• Related risk management
• Legal drafting, compliance and counselling
• Claims and disputes resolution
Assignments & Projects
2013 – 2014
Qatar Petroleum & Industries Holdings
Manager: Commercial & Controls
Additional to specialist application, advice and support to the Group’s senior executive management and various committees on all its contractual and related commitment risks management, including compliance and controls, relationship management, etc., also those duties and responsibilities as per Appendix I
2009 – 2013
Qatar Petroleum & Industries Holdings
Assistant Manager Contracts Department
For duties and responsibilities please refer to Appendix I.
2005 – 2008 :
Contracts Specialist, including supply chain and related commitments risk management, claims and dispute avoidance/resolution consulting for sovereign funds holding groups major and mega projects in the GCC countries in the Arabian Gulf.
2000 – 2004 :
Bateman Group of Companies – multinational process and structural engineering and project management group of companies with offices in EU, UK, South Africa, Australia, Russia, Middle East, Canada, India & China.
Group Chief Contracts & Projects Counsel responsible for the group’s worldwide acquisitions and contractual commitments, negotiations, development and management, including claims, dispute resolution and litigation portfolio amounting several billion USD per year, mainly related to mining and petrochemical development and process plants EPC & EPCM projects as per detailed outline in Appendix II.
1989 – 1999
Transnational Resources Inc. s.a.
A boutique services and consulting organization with head office in Switzerland that specialized in comprehensive commitments (contracts, commercial, supply chain) strategy and risk management solutions to the world’s natural, infrastructure and capital resources groups and enterprises.
Responsible for the firm’s clients’ Acquisitions, Contracts, Commercial and Commitments Risk Management and Dispute Resolution, Finance & Facilitation support and consulting in the oil, gas, petrochemical, engineering, construction, mining, commodity trading, metals, minerals and marine industries, as well as mediation and arbitration.
Worked closely and collaborated with multifunctional teams within client organizations in, amongst others, negotiating, development/drafting of contracts, related procedures, processes and regulations, as well as compliance, overseeing preparation, and monitor progress, claims settlement and dispute avoidance/resolution management.
For detailed outline of duties and responsibilities please refer to Appendices I & II.
International engagements extended to the following groups and companies:
– Tesoro Petroleum Ltd (Texas, USA) – Integrated oil & gas holdings and petroleum refining group of companies.
– Sucres et Denrees S.A. (France) – one of Europe’s largest industrial holdings and commodities trading groups at the time. Contracts and projects pertaining to multi disciplinary engineering & construction of industrial and agricultural commodities beneficiation plants.
– ENI & Agip Petroleum (Italy, Africa, the Americas & European Union) – World renowned major energy and petroleum conglomerate.
– Mobil Willemshaven Refinery (Germany).
– Charbons et Fuels S.A. (France) – multinational coal, oil and energy commodity trading house.
– Marimpex GMBH (Germany) – multinational energy commodity (oil, gas, petroleum & coal) trading, refining and shipping group.
– Tiger Petroleum PLC (UK) – Integrated oil & gas holdings and petroleum trading group.
– Glencor Corporation – world renowned multinational mining, minerals, oil and gas holdings group (and one of the major shareholders in BHPBilliton) with headquarters in Switzerland.
– World Wide Maritime (South Africa & Hong Kong) – major shipping agency, ship chandlers and charter company.
– Consolidated Goldfields Ltd (UK, South Africa, Australia) – multinational mining, minerals and energy holdings group.
– Gencor Ltd -multinational mining and petroleum holdings group and co-founder of BHPBilliton merger.
– Bateman Brown & Root Joint Venture (USA, Australia, Russia, South Africa, Middle East)- multinational engineering, construction and projects management group of companies
– KUO Energy – multinational investment holding with subsidiaries engaged in wholesale trade in petroleum and petroleum products, operating a bulk land terminal complex for storing and distributing petroleum and related products
– Voest Alpine AG & VA Intertrading – a leading European processing and steel making facilities group and transnational energy and steel products trading group of companies.
– ZAO Alrosa – the world’s largest diamond mining and processing group.
– Eugene Chaplin Entertainment S.A. (Switzerland) – Multinational entertainment and edutainment group of companies and affiliated to the Charlie Chaplin Entertainment Enterprises.
– AOA Tomskneft – A principal Russian oil and gas producing group of companies.
– Mosvold Shipping Ltd – Multinational owner and operator of very large crude oil carriers and offshore drilling platforms.
– Alcyon S.A. (Switzerland) – Environmental management, process engineering and technology development group of companies.
– Anglovaal Ltd (UK, South Africa) – Multinational mining house, industrial and investment holdings group of companies.
– Rustradev Joint Stock Co. (Russia) – Russian energy resources development company.
– Engen Petroleum Ltd – A major Southern Africa integrated petroleum group and a Pertronas Petroleum Group (Malaysia) subsidiary with substantial investments in the oil concessions and related industries.
– Murray & Roberts Construction Holdings Ltd – Originally South Africa’s largest integrated construction and project management group with diversified international interests and holdings.
– Safmarine Ltd – The largest integrated transport, marine activities, and trading group of companies in Africa.
– SNC LavalinKinhill Joint Ventures – Multinational engineering, processing, construction and projects management group of companies.
– Bouygues Construction – Multinational building, construction, civil works and electricity/maintenance group.
– Credit Lyonnais – Major European financial institution specializing in project and trade finance & facilitation.
– Nedcor Ltd (South Africa), a major Southern African banking and financial services holdings institution.
– Government Credit Agencies, such as COFACE (France), US EX-IM (USA), ECGD (UK), CGIC (South Africa), etc.
– Goldfields Ltd/Northam Platinum Ltd, a mining holdings and platinum group metals mining group of companies.
– African Mineral & Chemical (Pty) Ltd, a mineral and chemical process engineering and resources recovery group of companies.
– Oil supply contracts negotiations and management with ARAMCO (Saudi Arabia), ADNOC, (Abu Dhabi) NIOC (Iran), QGPC (Qatar), Gazprom (Russia), Petronas (Malaysia), ONOC (Oman) and Sonangol (Angola).
1984 – 1988
Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa
A self -financing, national industrial development institution and driving force behind commercially sustainable industrial development and innovation in South Africa and across the rest of Southern Africa.
– Manager: Strategic Acquisition & Supply
-Responsible for the sourcing, acquisition and procurement negotiations and contracting for the country’s strategic petroleum supplies valued around USD6 billion per year on behalf of the State.
– Contracts management of a portfolio of commitments valued around USD 1.5 billion for the construction and commissioning of some of the world’s largest oil and petroleum storage facilities established at Saldanha Bay.
– Advisor to the Minister of Mineral and Energy Affairs on strategic acquisitions and supply strategies and portfolios.
1977 – 198:
A South African and multinational integrated oil, gas, petroleum, mining and petrochemical group of companies.
– Legal & Contracts Officer
– Diverse portfolio of contracts on, what was then, the world’s largest engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) project in the energy sector (conversion of coal to petroleum and other chemical products processing plants and refinery).
1972 – 1976
Department of Justice State Attorneys of South Africa
– State Attorney
– Responsible for negotiations, drafting, review, legal monitoring and dispute resolution of minerals, mining, energy and industrial development contracts, joint ventures and concessions.
Qualifications & Training
– Diploma in Law (Dept. of Justice and University of South Africa)
– Several Law courses and workshops
– B-Iuris Law (University of South Africa Law School)
– Ph.D Business Administration (Washington International University, USA)
– Post-Graduate Energy Studies (Rand University, South Africa)
– Post-Graduate International Law Studies (Rand University, South Africa)
– Contracts Management & Administration Course/Certificate (Fluor College, USA)
– Project Management (School of Project Management, South Africa)
– Petroleum Economic (International Management Institute, Geneva, Switzerland)
– Strategic International Trading in Crude Oil & Petroleum Products (College of Petroleum Studies, Oxford, UK)
– Various other relevant continuous learning workshops and seminars.
– International Association for Contracts and Commercial Management
– American National Contract Management Association
– International Bar Association
– Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Chain Management
– International Contract Management Benchmarking Association
– International Who’s Who of Professionals
– International Centre for Complex Project Management
– Various Arbitration Institutes and Associations
– Masters Transnational Business Law (Rochville University)
– American Biographical Institute (ABI) Award for Outstanding Achievement in Business
– Biography in ABI Who’s Who
– Biography in The International Who’s Who of Professionals
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.