A highly experienced Boiler Maker and Welder with a long and successful track record in Mining, Manufacturing and the Oil & Gas sectors. A confident leader and foreman with extensive experience in supervising teams on both projects and day to day operations, specialising in repair and maintenance of plant machinery and equipment. Outstanding technical and problem solving skills, impeccable attention to detail, working from engineering blue prints and completing work to an exceptional standard.
Education and Qualifications
Trade Test: Boiler Making – Pass (2000)
Certificates: 2G & 6G Welding Codes (1994)
Matriculation: Highest Standard – Pass (1990)
• Contributed to the opening of a new plant in record time as member of the Start Up Team (Alusaf)
• Significantly increased smelting production through the construction of an automated solution (Alusaf)
• Successfully designed and built jigs for ship manufacture (Southern African Shipyard)
• Instrumental in the successful construction of a safety cabin for underground operations (Arcon Mine)
• Foreman-on-Site, overseeing the successful completion of a structural steelwork project (Tallship Enterprises)
Other Skills and Experience
• Maintenance, repair and overhaul of Front Loaders, Mobile Drills and Tip Trucks (Arcon Mine)
• Working from drawings on breakdown repairs and maintenance of smelting machinery and equipment (Various Boiler Maker roles)
• Coded welding of high pressure pipes and supports using TIG, MIG, Arc and Gas welding techniques (Sasol Petroleum Refinery)
2011-Present BOILER MAKER & SUPERVISOR
Department of Public Services, Durban, South Africa
Bulk Connections, Durban, South Africa
2011 BOILER MAKER
Fuel Firing Systems, Durban, South Africa
2008-2010 SUPERVISOR & BOILER MAKER
Southern African Shipyards, Durban, South Africa
2003-2007 ONSITE FOREMAN
Tallship Enterprises CC, Durban, South Africa
2002-2003 FABRICATOR/ WELDER (GENERAL MAINTENANCE)
Arcon Mine, Kilkenny, Ireland
Tony’s Construction, Richard’s Bay, South Africa
Elma Engineering, Durban, South Africa
1998-1999 WELDER (CODED)
Hydra ARC, Secunda, South Africa
1995-1997 OPERATOR (REDUCTION)
Alusaf Hillside Smelter, Richard’s Bay, South Africa
1991-1994 WELDER (MIG)
Vandan Engineering, Durban, South Africa
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.