Defence Academy, Shrivenham
Programme Manager August 2013 to date
- Temporary post covering for a Staff Officer position – duties include responsibility for the detailed administration of the Higher Command and Staff Course with regards to speakers, visitors and students, including transport arrangements, payment of fees and liaison within the College, Defence Academy and wider Defence community
- Responsible for organising and participating in pre-course recognisance visits to all national and continental locations
- Deploy as an integral member of the Staff Ride team. During the Staff Ride responsible for arriving in advance of the main group at all locations to ensure that hotels and stands are ready to receive staff and students.
British Embassy, Baghdad – Iraq
FCO Staff Movements Officer August 2009 – 30 June 2013
- Established a new role responsible for the safe movement of diplomatic staff, stores and equipment within Iraq utilising a variety of close protection assets and various modes of transport in conjunction with the Operations staff.
- Scheduling and tasking of charter aircraft for air movement of clients within Iraq, input and maintenance of journey management systems.
- Liaison with third party suppliers to secure passenger and equipment space on a variety of air assets provided by the US Military, United Nations and other agencies.
- Focal point for the FCO and other partner groups (EU, World Bank, British Council etc) for all transportation matters.
- In conjunction with Overseas Security Manager plan and coordinate client training.
- Key member of the ‘Gold Team’ for crisis/incident management to account for all FCO/other partner groups on site and any subsequent follow up.
- Provide management support for 80+ contractors obtaining multi entry/exit visas and Government of Iraq badging through FCO Corporate Services
- Manage the FCO Mobile security team cash account.
- Excellent client interface skills coupled with the ability to discuss solutions with clients from all levels and maintain excellent working relationship with FCO staff and other key stakeholders.
SkyLink Arabia – Iraq
Passenger Services Manager
Baghdad, Iraq April 2008 – March 2009
- Joined SkyLink Arabia (a provider of air and logistical services) to identify and establish a web based passenger management system to track revenue and seat sales usage across multiple sites.
- Provided an implementation plan to roll out and project management the preferred system including the training of expatriate and local national staff across bases in Iraq, Kuwait and Dubai without loss or detriment to customer service, performance or revenue.
- Conducted training of local staff across the region to ensure correct upkeep and maintenance of the equipment, which operated in harsh environments.
- After successful implementation of the plan ahead of time, undertook duties of a vacant post as Business Development Manager to develop joint Iraqi ventures and deliver market initiatives while keeping a watching eye on the initial project as subject matter expert. Took a six month break on contract completion.
Aegis Defence Service – Iraq
Head of Travel and Movements,
London, UK and Baghdad, Iraq April 2004 – March 2008
- Joined Aegis as part of the start up team in their London offices on the award of a major security contract in Iraq for the US Department of Defense. Remit was to find effective solutions for the movement and tracking of stores and equipment to Iraq by commercial means post conflict.
- After methodology identified and put into practice deployed to Baghdad in August 2004 to secure cost effective local third party contracts for the movement of equipment within theatre. Stores and equipment were tracked on a regional basis utilising manual spreadsheet input methods.
- Prepared management reports, logistical data analysis and recommendations for senior management in Baghdad and corporate HQ in London.
British Airways, London.
Manager, Service Management Centre. January 1997 – April 2004
- Managed a multi national team of eighteen staff, ensuring full support coverage was maintained 24/7 and training packages delivered both at home base and across the globe to customer airlines in the use of the British Airways inventory and journey management systems.
- Extensive travel to global destinations, South America, India, North America on major projects as subject matter expert in Inventory Management techniques, designing and delivering inventory management courses.
- Successfully achieved department BS EN IS0 9000 certification from drafting Standard Operating Procedures through to implementation and ISO accreditation at first attempt. Procedures became template for other departments use and acted as a Quality Consultant for the Customer Support and Development areas of the business.
HM Forces, British Army 1974 – 1996
Warrant Officer Royal Corps of Transport/The Royal Logistic Corps
Personal development over twenty-two years in logistics and other life skill sets resulted in a highly successful and satisfying career. Retired on completion of service in the rank of Warrant Officer with an exemplary record.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND TRAINING
HM Forces – Leadership and transport/ logistical trade skills developed over a 22-year period
British Airways Inventory Management Instructors Course
British Airways Project Managers Course,
PC skills – Microsoft suites of products include; MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint at advanced level.
1995 – Certified Diploma in Management Studies, Bristol Management Centre
1994 – Certificate of Professional Competence, National and International (Road Transport)
1974 – 1996 Trade and personal development training with British Army throughout career.
1972 -Crewe County Grammar School for Boys: GCE Mathematics, English Language, History and Chemistry.
Basic language skills – French and German.