I have beenn working as an ESL teacher for over three years now. The BSc that I attained from the University of Dundee was in Biomedical Science and this has given me a very stable and thorough technical knowledge that I’ve been able to apply when delivering EMP lessons in my previous employment. I completed my CELTA in April 2013 in Edinburgh and will begin my QTLS shortly
I have extensive IT experience and Im familiar with database management and have used AMS such as CAPITA
CELTA certified 140-hour Teaching English as a Foreign Language [TEFL]
September 2007 –June 2011
University of Dundee, Nethergate Dundee, Dundee City, Scotland, UK, DD1 4HN
BSc in Biomedical Science,
• Completed honors project on methanogenic microorganisms and the potential for biogas as an energy source
• Guided first year university students in their understanding of scientific method through molecular biology experiments and case-based learning
• Assisted in preparation and execution of laboratory sessions
ESL Lecturer, ESG Saudi Arabia
• ESL lecturer in new Technical College, part of the Saudi COE group
• Assisting in the development and implementation of syllabi, schemes of work and core skills
• Delivering ESP lessons to College students and preparation for the Cambridge KET examinations
• Exam invigilation using Oxford Placement Tests to assign student levels
• Marking and assessing examination papers
August 2013-August 2014
EMP Instructor, University of Tabuk, KSA
• Plan, prepare and deliver ESP lessons to medical students in the Preparatory Year Programme
• Record keeping, grading and attendance management
• Developing supplementary materials to support core material and suited to learners’ degree programme
• Required to manage an extremely large, multi-level class and do so using the theory of multiple intelligence in order to facilitate student learning
Sept 2011-August 2013
Business ESL training officer AO, British Civil Service: DWP
• Developing and implementing a Business ESP syllabus for non-native English speaking staff..
• Delivering engaging and effective business English lessons to adult classes
• Tracking learner progress and updating line managers accordingly
• Conforming to very strict governmental policies relating to behaviour and data protection
• Ensuring that primary goal was to satisfy business needs and learner achievement
Other Relevant Skills
Research skills Completed a 4 year degree in Biomedical Science, required regular laboratory work and constant research for papers and final thesis. In current employment regularly apply those skills in researching language points necessary for medical students..
Computer/ IT skills
I have taken CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) certified courses in IT up until the Advanced Level. Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office Packages and Database Management as well as Oracle HR manager. Regular use of interactive whiteboards( IWBs) and projectors as well as the LMS to deliver e-learning classes
Joined the Learning and Development Committee at the University of Tabuk in January 2013, meeting once a week. Responsible for observing qualified teachers and developing a medical syllabus.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.