An ambitious and dedicated bilingual Control and Instrumentation Engineer with comprehensive knowledge of power station processes and extensive experience as a business owner/Manager. Effectively leads, develops and motivates teams to achieve high standards of work within deadlines. An exceptionally well organised professional who successfully prioritises workload and manages time to fulfil multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
Self-employed Owner/Manager (2001 – date)
LAPENTA TRADE 65 (fixed contract with Eskom Duvha Power Station)
• Efficiently performing a diverse range of tasks including designing/maintaining the new Process Computer and performing instrumentation installations
• Designing, implementing and maintaining security systems (Cameras and Infra-red Beam Systems), additionally, assisting the Maintenance and Engineering Department on existing/new projects
• Delivering relevant training for Eskom personnel including producing detailed training documentation and providing on-going guidance
• Providing a comprehensive consultancy service for Duvha Power Station and fulfilling responsibility for managing/maintaining the entire Process Computer System
• Diligently monitoring the Process Computer System and efficiently performing any necessary modifications/updates as required
• Administering, maintaining and updating Windows NT4 Workstations, Windows NT 4 Server, Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Workstation and Windows 2003 Server
• Designing applications, displays, reports, schedules, alarming and databases for iFix 2.5 SCADA in accordance with client requirements, specifications and deadlines
• Providing advice to Power Station personnel regarding appropriate maintenance schedules and planned equipment replacement
• Managing the full administration of the Process Computer System including: Backup, Repairs, Disaster Recovery, Upgrades, Data Restores, Network Fault finding and Computer Hardware Fault Finding
• Designing, installing and maintaining the Electronic Information System (Networked), additionally, performing Control Room, Simulator Electronic Repairs (TTL Logic)
Technician (1994 – 1998)
Senior Technician (1998 – 2000)
ESKOM, Duvha Power Station (1994 – 2000)
• Effectively prioritising workload and organising time to manage all aspects of the C&I Process Data Information Structure at Duvha Power Station
• Utilising strong communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with colleagues including providing recommendations for projects which are required to interface effectively into the existing data infrastructure
• Successfully fulfilling responsibilities as a Project Engineer/Manager for multiple C&I projects, including leading, coordinating and motivating teams
• Diligently monitoring and maintaining the long term health of the plant, promptly identifying any issues as they arise and implementing corrective action
• Performing any necessary modifications and upgrades on existing C&I/electrical equipment in a time efficient manner, ensuring consistent compliance with safe/correct working practice
• Assuming responsibility for developing a new Process Computer to replace the existing Honeywell TDC4500 Process Computer over a period of 6 years
• Efficiently performing PLC Programing/implementation tasks in addition to SCADA configuration, development and implementation
• Establishing maintenance procedures for new or modified areas of the plant and designing new control systems/alterations to existing systems as required
• Developing strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels and providing comprehensive support to maintenance staff
• Collaborating with colleagues to plan and budget for future projects/modifications ensuring high levels of accuracy and consistent adherence to stipulated deadlines
• Fulfilling responsibilities as the System Administrator of the Process Data Information System, which consist of a 100Mbps LAN, 2 Windows NT4.0 Servers and 65 Windows NT4.0 Workstations
Education And Qualifications
10 Standards (HG): Including English and Mathematics, Rob Ferria High School, White River (1988)
National Diploma: Electrical Engineering Process Instrumentation, Vaal Triangle Technicon (1994)
English and Afrikaans
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.