I have 5 years, 10 months of research, 2 years, 7 months of academic teaching and 1 year of industrial experience in the field of Microbiology. My research works were highly appreciated in international conferences held in Malaysia and Singapore and received best presentation awards. I have been invited to various short-term programmes held at CSIR, ICAR laboratories, NAS-I and Universities. Part of my research work has been carried out at Department of Microbiology (YLLM –DM)
1. Ph.D. (Microbiology) : Defended Ph.D. Doctoral Thesis on 8th January 2015.
2. M.Phil. (Microbiology) : 2007.
3. DMBT : 2003.
4. M.Sc., (Microbiology) : 2002.
Current Research : Endophytic actinomycetes, Enzymes, Drugs.
Affiliated Institution : Interdisciplinary Research Centre, Malankara Catholic College
Research & Career Summary
Duration : 01.05.2009 – Till date.
Designation : Research Scholar (Full Time).
Institution : Interdisciplinary Research Centre, DBT, Malankara Catholic College.
EXTENSION RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:
Translational ID Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore from 01/ 02 / 2012 to 31 / 03 / 2012.
Duration : 2 years and 7 months (22.09.2006 – 30.04.2009).
Positions held : Lecturer (Microbiology).
Institution : Vysya College affiliated to Periyar University, Salem Dt.
Duration : 1 year (01.12.03 – 15.12.04).
Positions held : Microbiologist.
Industry : MGP Marketing Centers, Salem Dt.
FIELDS OF SPECIALTIES AND INTERESTS:
Microbial Taxonomy and their valuable such as enzymes and drugs
• Isolation bacterial floras from various environmental niches and its taxonomy identification.
• Fermentation and extraction and purification of secondary metabolites.
• Disk diffusion assay to determine anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activity.
• LCC-MK2 cells preparation and inoculation of DENV2 for anti-DENV compound analysis.
• Solid state and Submerged fermentation for Protease enzyme production and purification.
Molecular biology and Genetic engineering:
• DNA extraction and estimation from microbial sources.
• Analyzing the DNA using AGE (plasmid), PAGE(chromosomal) techniques.
• PCR gene amplification and sequencing.
• Protein extraction, estimation and its molecular weight determination using SDS-PAGE.
• Western blot, Southern blot and Immuno blot.
• Restriction and Digestion of antibiotic resistant genes in bacterial plasmids and ligation with other
vector plasmids followed by transformation to other system.
• Haemagglutination (HA) and Haemagglutination Inhibition (HI) assay to detect Leptospiral infection
and New castle disease virus detection.
Analytical and Biophysics Instrumentation:
• UV-Vis Spectrophotometer.
• RP-HPLC fractionation and purification of secondary metabolites.
• Sample preparation to Scanning Electron Microscope.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.