Graduated with a BSc degree from Manchester University two years ago. Since then I have worked in three dental labs gaining and building my skills. I specialise in Prosthetics, which involves fabricating dentures, night/bite/sports guards, special trays, bite blocks, fixing and repairing dentures etc. I have exposed my self to denture implants. I recently took a course and now I am certified to take dental impressions for the fabrication of completes. I'm a firm believer in continual development
Manchester Metropolitan university
Dental technology BA/BSc Joint Honours
Subjects covered included:
• Quality improvements and problem solving, Quality management and professional practice according to the GDC
• Health and Safety Regulations in the Laboratory
• Dental Material Science
• Principles of dental technology
• Final year project was on Mouth guards in sports and the effect different tissue thicknesses had on its performance. It was experimental based so entailed the fabrication of mouth guards of different thicknesses a face made from silicone dragon skin to simulate facial tissue, followed by an impact test.
I am a self-motivated, innovative dental technology graduate. As well as dentistry, my work experiences broaden into retail, fundraising and call centres, and now seeking a challenging role that will develop and add to my skills. I’m especially interested in the Prosthetic, orthodontic and Implantology part of this field. I will like to benefit from working with this Dental lab to build my mind-set and skills and have the opportunity to assist the lab in many ways. I understand this role can be demanding nonetheless I enjoy working in a fast pace and energetic environment.
DENTAL TECHNICIAN WORK EXPERIENCE:
SG Dental Lab October 2014-Present
Ceramic Studios Premier July 2013
Is a very busy, fast paced, successful laboratory working sand I had the chance to work with the very latest hi-tech machines in dental technology, Scanning and Milling Zirconia, Titanium and CoCr. My main responsibility was managing the labs NHS, Private and Premier Accounts, managing the client database as well as looking after the patient referral side, marketing and general lab management. My day-day technical responsibility was producing diagnostic wax-ups, sprueing, investing and de-vesting metal and E-max crowns, scanning models on CAD/CAM systems (Datron D5). I was also heavily involved in casting and duplicating impressions with silicon, producing clean cut, articticulated diagnostic models using Denar articulators incorporating face bows and wax registrations, trimming and defining the margins on the dies and models before distributing to fellow technicians. I also produce clean cut special trays for prosthetics, occlusal wax rims, small set-ups, pumicing and polishing the acrylic and cobalt chromium dentures etc. Responsibility also involved packing jobs off for delivery to the practices.
Crystal Ceramics: work experience placement I took on before resuming my 3rd year in University. It was a small laboratory, specialised in crown + bridge, dealing with NHS and private jobs every day. In my short and worthwhile experience there, I learnt the importance of meeting deadlines and targets with every job sent in to the lab. My day-to-day activities included vacuum mixing plaster/stone, casting and trimming models, disinfecting impressions and waxing up. I was also given a project of a full diagnostic wax up of a molar crown, with full contouring, which added to my confidence and skills.
• Good practical skills and steady hands. I have produced work in orthodontics, fixed, partial and complete dentures in class that have been clinically acceptable.
• Good eyesight and colour perception and a high degree of artistic flair
• Can produce good quality alloy prosthesis and porcelain/ceramic work
• Good ability to follow any technical instructions
• Fully trained in infection control in clinic and lab environment
• Certified in impression taking in clinical and lab environment
• Good experience with the different types Articulators available i.e. denar, arcon/non arcon, fully adjustable/semi-adjustable, simple hinged and a face bow.
• I can demonstrate interpersonal skills: hardworking, highly motivated, independent and team worker.
River Island: Sales Adviser
Key Responsibilities: This was to give face-to-face customer service, as the role was very customer satisfaction and quality based.
• I learnt how to give impeccable customer services
• Had to give advice to customers in need
• Mastered how to manage and carry out stock check with IT systems, computerised tills and stock ordering .systems. Working here gave me the opportunity to build my team working skills
HSBC: Customer Service Consultant and Collector
September 2008- September 2009
I worked in HSBC for a year my duties included telephone calls to and from customers to advising and assisting with their queries as well as meeting weekly targets.
• I developed the ability to work efficiently within a fast paced environment dealing with high call volumes
• I learnt how to process detailed knowledge on products and services very quickly
• I was given an insight on how to deal with administration task which involved managing large database of customer accounts in the UK, and tailoring approaches to suit different needs. Having good computer skills worked to my advantage. I had to make sure I was efficient with time keeping as the service had to be impeccable.
• Grasped how to pay great attention to detail with the ability to deliver accurate work even when working under pressure
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.