Dairy farm worker at Linohon Backyard Dairy Farm (Assisted by Philippines New Zealand Dairy Project) from July 14, 2012 up to August 8, 2014 with duties and responsibilities including: Milking cows (Holstein Friesian Sahiwal / Jersey breed), Feeding, Animal Health, Calving, Forage planting, Breeding, Husbandry Practice, and Record Keeping.
Personal skills: Self-motivated and with great commitment to dairy farming, Patient and adaptable, Effective communication skills, With good sense of humor.
1. Position: Dairy Farm Assistant
Duration: Jul 2012 – Aug 2014 (2 yrs)
Company: Linohon Backyard Dairy Farm
Company Industry: Agricultural / Animal / Live Stock
Location Maluko, Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon
Job Description: Milking cows (Holstein Friesian Sahiwal / Jersey breed)
· Prepare all the materials, tools, medicines needed in milking
· Transfer cows from the pen to the milking parlour
· Milking activity using milking machine and hand milking twice a day
· Observing personal cleanliness and sterile techniques during the procedure (proper handwashing)
· Cleaning and sanitizing of milking shed and other milking paraphernalia
· Providing the proper ratio of feeds required for each cows (mixture of corn, pasture and silage for supplement)
Animal Health; assist the farmowner conducting animal health activities such as:
· Vitamin administration
· Administration of medications for the ill animals
· Assisting pregnant cows when giving Birth if necessary
· Setting the calf pen for the newly born calves using rice hulls and saw dust treated with disinfectant
· Assisting newly born calf to suck the first 4 litres of milk which contains colostrum and monitor its condition
· Administering the calf with 3ml Iron Dextran 3 days after birth
· Spreading / Broadcasting of vermin cast as organic fertilizer
· Planting of forage using splits from high valued grass (Mulatto II, Kayman, Setaria splendeda, Mombasa, Paspalum and other legumes: Ipil-ipil, Madre de Cacao,
Arachis pintoi (mani-mani), American Joint Vetch
· Dehorning of Heifers using dehorning iron
· Ear tagging of calves (2 month onward)
· Maintaining the cow’s individual record
· Monitoring and recording milk production
Qualifications & Education
Bachelor’s / College Degree
Bachelor of Science In Nursing
Xavier University Ateneo De Cagayan
Cagayan De Oro City Philippines
Jun 2005 – Apr 2010
1. Computer Literate (MS Office: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel) 10
2. Personal Skills 10 patient, adaptable and practical, motivated and able to follow a routine, able to show initiative and make decisions, well organised, goal focused and forward thinking, able to work well independently, and as part of a team, good at communicating with other people
Jun 11, 2014- Jun 11, 2014
Highly Productive, High Quality Forage Plant Genetic Material: Strategies for Profitable Dairy Farming
Linohon Dairy Focus Farm, Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.