A specialist in fire safety and prevention with more than five years’ experience gained working in the marine industry. Familiar with the various different classes of fire and ensuring that the appropriate types of extinguisher are available in the required area. Experienced in undertaking risk assessments with an instinct for identifying potential hazards.
FIRST WATCH CC SERVICES, SOUTH AFRICA
Fire Watch – Dry Dock 2008-date
• Successfully implementing a safe working environment resulting in improved fire prevention
• Playing a key role as a member of the Fire Watch responsible for fire prevention and extinguishing fires within the area of work
• Conducting risk assessments and removing all combustible materials from the area prior to the commencement of work
• Identifying any potential hazards, highlighting any conditions which may cause a fire and reporting any incidents of fire
• Ensuring that flammable materials are kept away from any sources of ignition and enforcing a 30 minute cooling period after the completion of hot work
• Additionally responsible for ensuring that any holes in the area are sealed with fireproof materials
• Responding promptly and appropriately to any incidents of fire that may arise, activating the alarm, safely evacuating anybody in the area and utilising available equipment to try to extinguish fires
• Working on a number of different projects for high profile clients including:
o De Beers Marine Debmar Pacific (2013)
o Subsea 7 (2012)
o Trans Ocean (2011)
o De Beers Marine Grand Bank (2010)
o Pride South Pacific (2010)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Professional Marine Fire Fighting (including Breathing Apparatus)
South African Fire & Medical Academy (SAFMA)
Health & Safety Representative Risk Management
Marine Fire Fighting First Aid
Counter Balanced Lift Truck / Side Shaft Modern SHEQ
Languages English and French
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.