Having worked within the sales industry for 10years I have gained a lot of experience working within Publishing, Online, Awards and also Exhibtions and Conferences.
The past 4 years I have focussed my career within Events and have had the opportunitiy to travel the world and sell across a wide variety of products. I have always delivered my target or more and love a challenge. I am self motivated and a team player.
My dream has always been to live and work in Australia and continue working within this field.
1995 – 2000 St Philomenas Carshalton, Surrey
GCSE’s: English Language; English Literature; Religious Studies; French; Business Studies; Math’s; Science (Double award); History; Design and Technology; IT (Cambridge Certificate)
2000 – 2002 East Surrey College
BTec National Diploma in Media
As part of my course we were able to study every different aspect of the media industry and take on all the different roles. Below are some of the many topics I studied.
• Script writing, Film making, Editing, Photography, Animation, Post/Pre production, Directing, producing, acting, presenting.
2002 – 2003 East Surrey College
Media City & Guilds Certificate
Having enjoyed everything I learnt in my first 2 years I decided to focus
on media for another year and gain more knowledge of the industry by studying journalism as well.
Reed Exhibitions – International Sales Group
October 09 – July 12
My role involves being able to sell RX’s overseas exhibitions to UK companies, provide excellent customer service and account management, and understand UK export trends and destination markets to assist with the development of ISG UK business strategy.
This role requires someone who can forge relationships and exceed sales targets across multiple industries by up-selling and managing existing clients, generating new business and attracting SME’s, and boosting sales of sponsorship packages.
• Recruiting exhibitors through targeted sales campaigns; mailings, telesales, face-to-face meetings, and onsite prospecting in the UK and overseas
• Working with Sales Managers to hit sales targets across a diverse show portfolio
• Attending international industry events
• Providing input into annual budgeting for the events you are responsible for
• Conduct research for new events / new markets
• Filing required reports in timely manner
• Working with marketing team to compile and implement marketing campaigns
• Building relationships with UK Government, Trade Associations and industry leaders
• Working and communicating with overseas RX offices, providing onsite support to customers at exhibitions
United Business Media – Account Manager
June 09-July 09 (Interim Contract)
Selling sponsorship across all Vision Events
Client retention & new business development
Display Advertisements into show catalogues
Quota Achievement in retaining and growing Total Sales Bookings (TSB) to ensure Net revenue growth for given portfolio of events / clients. Approx 50/50 new business to account management
A strong track record in account planning and understanding of territory management is crucial
Field Based territory management of assigned clients and named non-clients.
Renewal activities focused on client needs and development of high level client relationships
Development of integrated solutions based on contract offerings.
Timely and accurate revenue forecasting
Delivering very high quality presentations to clients
Incisive Media – Online Information Show – Senior Sales (Events) July 09 – Dec 09 (Promoted to the Events division of Incisive Media)
Selling stand space and sponsorship into one of Incisive Media’s largest exhibitions
After a successful spell in the International financial sector I applied for the promotion to the events division to broaden my skill set and challenge myself within an alternative professional environment. My role involves both client account management and new business activities. Since joining the events division I have again successfully produced positive revenues – £132,500 Stand space & £97,500 sponsorship.
Incisive Media – Global Pensions Magazine – Advertising Executive July 2007 – July 2009
Selling across magazine advertising, digital advertising and events/sponsorship sales. Both account management and new business/relationship building, optimising revenue from existing and new accounts. Consistently achieve/exceed revenue targets. I was also expected to travel internationally to attend events and meet clients.
Within my first 3 months of starting with Global Pensions I surpassed my target by 100% in a technically challenging sector. Having been used to selling to car dealers I found the investment market a tough but rewarding field.
Exchange and Mart – June 2006 – July 2007
Display Account Manager
I was working in a growing team, and am instrumental in driving forward new business accounts in a fast and exciting environment by selling advertising solutions to motor dealers nationwide.
My day to day to role consists of:-
• Canvassing new leads
• Meeting daily targets
• Maintaining base client needs
• General admin
• Weekly and monthly forecasts
• Growing revenue
•Meeting monthly and weekly targets.
Having worked at Exchange and Mart for 11 months I achieved a huge step forward in my sales technique so much so that I was chosen by one of the publishers to work on a new magazine we launched.
I was entrusted with one of the largest/profitable rep codes in the company giving me the opportunity to hit 2 targets in one month. I am a very confident sales person and enjoy the challenges associated with sales. Working toward weekly targets has made working under pressure a joy and an exciting challenge.
May 2005 – Dec 2005 (Left to travel around America) BT
Business Sales Advisor/ Broadband Assurance Technical Contact Specialist.
• Business-to-business sales, selling products & services
• Meeting agreed weekly targets
• Trouble-shooting broadband enquiries
• Sharing new information with team members
• Telephony & administrative support
Sept 2004 – May 2005 Computer Trouble-shooters
• Deal with Customer enquiries
• Arrange sales & marketing drives
• Database admin
• General business administration
Sept 2003 – August 2004 Zara, Croydon
• Working on the till
• Dealing with manager’s paper work and files that need to be sent out and processed through the till.
• Cashing up
• Answering telephone queries
• Given the responsibility to sometimes look after the cashiers for the day.
May 2001- Aug 2001 (Temping while at college) Inkfish Call Centres
• On average would make 100+ cold calls per day.
• Receiving in bound calls.
• Dealing with customers and any problems they may have.
• Selling products to the public.
Extracurricular activities Lifeguard Training
Hobbies Reading, Swimming, Tennis, Running,
Awards received Mentor Certificate
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.