Over 25 years, ensuring contractual compliance, providing commercial leadership, advice and guidance as well as negotiating complex large value contracts with both customers and suppliers in a number of different business sectors including healthcare, telecoms and education. A team player, self motivated and able to work to tight timescales. Recent international experience with Australian government contracts.
Over 25 years working in a high value contract management environment with Education and Welfare, IT Outsourcing and leading edge IT and telecoms technology experience
Experience with national and international customers and suppliers.
Strong analytical approach with the ability to assess commercial risk and apply appropriate responses.
September 2013 – present
Providing commercial leadership and support to the Learning and Education part of the business. Primarily this involves contract management activities on contracts with the UK and Welsh Governments to provide traineeships, apprenticeships and classroom training.
I am also the commercial lead for A4E’s Australian business which is primarily focused on the Australian Government’s JSA programme, as well as State funded education and skills programmes. I was recently involved in supporting a number of tenders including for the replacement of JSA.
In addition to providing contract management for existing contracts I have also acted as the Commercial lead on a number of UK and Australian Government bids. My responsibilities include reviewing terms and conditions, actively developing and supporting bid strategies including the assessment of risk, drafting or reviewing elements of the bid response as appropriate as well as ensuring appropriate authorization prior to bid submission.
Working at A4E has allowed me to be involved in a wide variety of activities and to develop my skills in new areas. I have been actively involved with including negotiating subcontracts, drafting consultancy and secondment terms, arbitrating internal grievances, and negotiating several Joint Venture opportunities in both the UK and Australia.
My main strengths lie in the pre-contractual and negotiation stage of any project, working closely with the bid team and account manager to provide solutions that satisfy requirements as well as grow the business and meet strategic aims.
• Drafting standard contract terms and developing robust commercial processes with A4E’s Australia business;
• Re-negotiating a number of subcontracts, allowing a significant cost saving;
• Finding a commercial solution which allowed A4E to develop a £350k IT system from surplus Government funding.
CSC Computer Sciences Corporation
August 2004 – September 2013
Commercial Contracts Manager
Initially working as Contracts Manager on CSC’s outsourcing agreement with the Royal Mail my role was to manage the day to day interpretation of the contractual arrangement, process and negotiate contract changes, attend meetings with the customer’s senior representatives, suppliers and internal CSC management.
Since February 2006 I have been working on CSC’s NHS Account. During my time on the account I have been involved with several complex negotiations with both the Customer and strategic suppliers. Responsibilities include ensuring that all aspects of the agreement are satisfied, CSC compliance standards are adhered to, financial targets are met, offering advice and guidance to the business and providing management reporting as required.
• Commercial Lead for a successful bid and subsequent contract for the first IT outsource deal with a UK Health Trust
• Significant role assisting the renegotiation of the NHS Agreement;
• Management responsibility for team involved in TUPE transfer of staff, assets and subcontracts into CSC;
March 2002 – August 2004
Working on BT Syntegra’s ACCORD Programme with the Department for Work and Pensions based at the DWP’s site in Blackpool. The Programme was split into distinct projects covering provision and support of the DWP’s telephony and IT infrastructure. I was responsible for the customer facing agreements as well as subcontracts with our various suppliers.
• Major supplier evaluation to replace 2 incumbent subcontractors resulting in the successful TUPE transfer of 300 staff and placement of new suppliers.
• Negotiating various contracts and amendments from £15-80M in value and up to 3 years in duration
Marconi Communications Limited
February 2001 – November 2001
Commercial Contracts Manager
The Division focused purely on support (e.g. maintenance, repair, technical support) and bid either directly to customers or through other parts of Marconi as part of a larger offer.
• Successfully negotiating a Pan-European Framework support Agreement
• Negotiating an agreement with a Far East Government for an innovative telecommunications technology.
Team 121 Limited/Logica UK Limited
January 1998 – February 2001
Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager
The SAP Practice (formerly Team 121) of Logica is one of the UK’s leading SAP implementation partners offering consultancy services and related Value Added Reseller products. I was responsible for negotiating client and supplier agreements including software licences, hardware and maintenance, facilities management and professional consultancy services.
• Establishing a suite of agreements covering various business activities as Team 121;
• Negotiating the largest Agreement won by Team 121 with a major UK Utility company
Hughes Network Systems Limited
September 1993- December 1997
Dealing primarily with international satellite telecommunications companies and large private companies my major roles included;
• Formation and management of commercial proposals with emphasis on the Terms and Conditions applicable within a wide range of countries.
• Contract values vary from £500 to $60M.
• Responsible for 2 personnel on the Customer Support Desk.
• Negotiating a contract to supply equipment and services across 15 European countries for a period of 12 years.
• Establishing a Second Line Customer Support Desk to respond to customer problems and to facilitate the repair of faulty equipment.
Marconi Defence Systems Limited
February 1989-September 1993
Senior Contracts Officer
Starting as a Graduate Contracts Officer, the majority of the business revolved around supplying Electronic Warfare suites to the MoD. My primary responsibilities included;
Replying to and administering MoD requirements for spares and repairs, responding to the contractual conditions of tenders and attending regular progress meetings with customers.
• Contract managing a Development and Production Contract with the RAF with a value in excess of £90M, with fixed and variable price aspects.
• Training of 2 trainees in all commercial matters pertaining to the department.
Education & Professional Qualifications
Polytechnic of Wales 1984-88
Law degree Llb (Hons)
Doncaster Grammar School 1979-84
English Literature, Economics, General Studies
English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, History, French, German, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science
IACCM CSC Corporate membership
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.