A Chemical Engineering Technician with 6years experience in:
Distillation: production of Extra Neutral Alcohol, Fuel Grade ethanol using Cyclohexane as Entrainers,vacuum distillation, Molecular Sieve dehydration, yeast propagation and fermentation
Water treatment: Pressure sand filtration, Dechlorinators, Ultrfiltration, Reverse Osmosis
Cooling: Vapour Absorption Machine, Induced draft cooling tower
Process Control and Monitoring: use of Delta V system, Rockwell Automation, Siemens Simatic WinCC, process optimization and Fault diagnosis
My goal is to become associated with a company where I can utilize my skills and gain further experience while enhancing the company’s productivity and reputation.
2006 – 2007 | National Certificate in Chemical Engineering
2008 – 2009 | National Diploma in Chemical Engineering
09 January 2014 – to date
Responsible to : Assistant Distillery Manager,. Addax Bioenergy Sierra Leone
Commissioned and troubleshoot the 380 KLPD European fuel grade Biofuel ethanol plant in sugarcane syrup as raw material
Production of European Fuel Grade Ethanol 99.8% using vacuum Distillation and Molecular Sieves
• Conducting pre-commissioning checks and verification of plant installation as per PID specifications
• Development of standard operating procedures and work instructions for plant start up operation and shutdown
• Conducting HAZOP studies on process plant units
• To assist and control commissioning and start-up of all activities in the fermentation, distillation sections of the Biofuel plant and water treatment plants according to the SOP’s.
• Responsible for efficient operation of the relevant sections by coordinating and directing all process and maintenance activities
• Coordinate, manage plant inspections, audit and control all lockout, isolation and issuing of work permits
• Comprehensive training and development of all operations personnel in Yeast propagation, Fermentation, Vacuum Distillation, Molecular Sieve Dehydration process, Pressure Sand Filtration, Dechlorinators, Ultrafiltration, Reverse Osmosis, Vapour Absorption Machine and induced draft cooling tower.
• Taking corrective decisions in the fermentation, distillation and industrial water treatment processes in the absence of the Distillery Manager or his assistant.
• Good interpretation of laboratory analyses for eventual corrective actions.
• Provide a safe work environment for associates with constant awareness for opportunities to improve safety
• Report and communicate plant performance, safety and environment concerns to Assistant Distillery manager
• Contribute towards plant performance improvements and cost saving initiatives
• Control the bioethanol plant from central control room
• Engage the workforce and motivate them to work with a continuous improvement mindset
• Making shift production reports
• Responsible for safety, Environment, Health and housekeeping in areas of responsibility and must ensure compliance with all safety and environment management policies
21 May 2011 – 01 January 2014
Responsible to: Plant Foreman, Green Fuel Pvt Ltd Zimbabwe
Commissioned and troubleshoot the 365KLPD Biofuel Ethanol Plant in sugarcane syrup as raw material
Production of Biofuel ethanol 99.8% using entrainer cyclohexane
• Learn all facets of the ethanol process including Evaporation, Distillation sections, Fermentation and water treatment.
• Operating DCS (computer control system) for the plant.
• Follow standard operating procedures for plant start-up, shut down and cleaning
• Stay within operating parameters set by Production Manager.
• Keep accurate and timely logs.
• Monitor and make adjustments according to the results of the samples
• Keep operators coming on shift briefed on what has happened and what is supposed to be done during next shift.
• Responsible for notify and production manager of any production problems.
• Participating in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
• Adhere to all safety procedures.
06 May 2009 – 20 May 2011
Shift Process Plant Operator
Responsible to: Shift Supervisor, NCP Distillers Zimbabwe
Production of Extra Neutral Alcohol 96.4%
• Identification and analysis of any non-conforming deviations from the expected process parameters.
• Responding appropriately to a range of breakdown, accident or emergency situations
• Clear communication within own team and others to ensure effective continuity of site operations both during and across shifts.
Working with Distributed Computer systems (DCS) Delta V. SCADA operations Rockwell Automation, Siemens Simatic WinCC. Office computer operations. Commissioning, start up, shut down, Emergency shutdown system (ESD), Plant Shut down system (PSD). Emergency and safety procedures. Stabilization of distillation columns operating under vacuum. Read PIDs and understand from them the various operational implications and limitations of equipment. Experience in ethanol dehydration using cyclohexane and molecular sieves. To issue safe work permits and direct maintenance crews, ensuring their work will be accomplished safely and with minimum disruption to plant production. Start up, controlling and monitoring of air compressors, pumps and vacuum pumps. Coaching and mentoring
Production Oriented, Good communication skills, Results Driven and Team player.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.