I am a proven and effective Chef / Unit Manager with extensive experience and demonstrable success in the UK and abroad, providing a high level of hospitality and contract services to a wide range of customers in both the public and private sectors. As a vibrant and resourceful professional who is passionately committed to the delivery of service excellence, I have extensive knowledge in Health & Safety, COSHH and Food Safety Regulations.
Supreme Food Services (Afghanistan): Chef Unit Manager, April 2012 – Present
A varied and multi functional role based onsite in Afghanistan providing catering services to the US Army. Overall responsibility for the effective management and running of all daily operations in a high volume catering facility, serving approximately 2000 customers daily, in specifically;
• Ensuring the efficient planning, preparation and production of fresh nutritious food direct producing a high quality of food and service at all times
• Establishing and developing key relationships across all levels and accurately interpreting requirements
• Improving menus and using innovative ideas to create the best service to service users including specific dietary requirements
• Actively developing good supplier relationships to meet the high standards expected
• Daily budgetary control of a $40,000 – $60,000 ensuring all financial targets are achieved and that all budgets are adhered to in line with business plan
• Receive and process daily stock in line with menu cycle
• Constantly evaluate and revise menus and all associated costs including monitor portion and waste control to maintain gross profit margins
• Maintain exemplary standards of food hygiene and presentation at all times in line with Health & Safety/Food standard legislations and company policies and procedures; paying particular attention to the application of 5 star standards, OH&S standards, fresh food production and cleaning programs
• Strictly comply with all Company and client systems by implementing and monitoring the Company’s and Client’s Hygiene & Sanitation procedures
• Manage a multinational team of approximately 143, providing invaluable support and guidance to ensure all areas of responsibility meet the approved organization quality assurance standards
• Performance and resource management including; organize and record Food Safety and Health & Safety training for all staff, compile weekly rosters and leave plots, ensuring all staff have their entitlement to time off and leave, and all operational needs are met
• Ensure all strict security procedures are adhered to as per location and security level
• Deal efficiently with customer care, complaints, compliments and queries ensuring an exceptional level of customer service at all times
• Recognise and solve problems on a daily basis offering workable solutions to minimise potential risks and issues including reporting any malfunction of equipment or infrastructure to maintenance department
• Ensure all catering requests are ready on time and presented to the highest of standards
• Identify any equipment or service that is required for the benefit of the operation and organize its procurement and development
• Ensuring successful conflict resolution and record actions taken
• General administration duties including preparation of various reports for senior management team
• Working flexibly to meet the high demands of the organisation and within a highly pressurised environment
• While standing in for the Unit Manager, successfully implemented the extension to the dining facility by 500 and opened new takeaway area expanding revenue to the business. The new facility at this time, feeds 14,000 meals a day with 7,000 being takeaway
• At present with military withdrawal, I am making strong reductions in overheads for example; bringing the printers to black and white saving $10,000 a month and withdrawing extra napkins saving $7,000 a month
NAAFI Germany: Chef 2003 – 2012
• Supplying an exceptional high standard of food and service to Sergeants, officers and high profile guests
• Liaised effectively with the Commanding Officer of the mess to ensure all catering requirements were met
• Overseeing and catering for a variety of functions for senior officials and elite clientele producing food and service to the highest standard and quality
• Ordering all necessary supplies and assisted in taking orders for food and stock checking
• Ensured high kitchen hygiene standards and completion of daily temperature forms and delivery monitoring sheets
• Completed 6 months deployment in Iraq for 6 months in 2005 gaining much valued remote site experience and working with multi nationalities
Key Achievements: Created an outstanding buffet for the Queen of Denmark, Head of LPWRR British Regiment
Previous Positions Held:
Sodexho, Motorola, East Kilbride Night Shift Chef Manager 2000 – 2003
Sodexho, Paisley University, Ayr Chef 1997 – 2000
Scottish Corner Restaurant, Ontario, Canada Head Chef 1994 – 1997
Ayr/Seafield Hospital, Ayr Chef 1987 – 1994
British Army 1980 – 1986
• Completed Army Apprentice College in Aldershot learning all aspects of catering and military life. Posted to Osnabruck and deployed to Canada for a 3 month period catering for upwards of 2500 soldiers.
Professional Training & Qualifications:
• City & Guilds 706 1 & 2 | Intermediate Food Hygiene Level 3 | American Version ‘Serve Safe’
• Queen Margaret Academy, Ayr: Geography and Arithmetic O Levels
• Security clearance enables me to work for the British Army in Germany
• Good level of IT skills including Microsoft Office
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.