Distinguished 20+ year career reflects continual advancement. Demonstrated excellence in R&D, international bus. dev., vendor & account mgmt, and M&S. Entrepreneurial leadership style with highly effective planning, organizational and communication skills including a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving and deal making, with focus on the bottom line. Track record of successful strategic and tactical leadership within the technology industries.
Distinguished 20+ year career reflects continual advancement. Technologist by education and continued learning, evolved towards a versatile generalist. Demonstrated excellence in R&D, international business development, vendor & account management, and marketing and sales. Entrepreneurial leadership style with highly effective planning, organizational and communication skills including a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving and deal making, with focus on the bottom line. Accomplished senior-level executive with a track record of successful strategic and tactical leadership within the technology industry. Access to distinct, responsive multi-level global network.
Core Strengths & Competencies
• Business development
• Formation of key alliances
• Due diligence / M&A support
• Technology & product roadmap
• Commercial management
• General & BU management • Contract negotiations
• Internat. sales & marketing
• R&D/Project management
• Product development
• Bankability & certification
• Quality management • Intellectual Property protection
• Process development
• Operations management
• Semiconductors & Photovoltaics
• Vendor & account management
• Established during the last 7 years in the solar space 15 strategic partnerships with internationally renowned R&D partners in Australia, Europe and the USA resulting in tangible competitive advantage and commercial successes.
• Initiated, guided and negotiated several acquisitions to a successful closure (technical/commercial DD).
• Prepared and obtained budget acceptance for 4 large capital investment proposals, >€25M (R&D pilot lines).
• Constructed 4 multi-partner collaboration project proposals resulting in ~€20M funding from the State of Saxony.
• Started up and managed a R&D subsidiary in France in light of assessing, certifying and bringing to maturity a disruptive solar module technology, with a €5M budget. In parallel, coordinated and presented the investment proposal for a 500MW PV module factory.
• Initiated and facilitated deal closure that resulted in a PV project pipeline of several hundreds of MW in California.
• Achieved global commercial successes for a large number of PV and semiconductor equipment vendors ($20M+).
• Devised several process and equipment innovations that led to important productivity, safety and yield improvements within Intel’s high-volume Pentium factories.
• Since January 2014 member of the Steering Committee of the European Union Photovoltaics Technology Platform.
• Consultant (2014-Present)
janCONSULT – Management Consulting Technology Markets, Bruges, Belgium
• Executive Director Downstream Division (2011-2014)
ACTIV SOLAR GmbH, Vienna, Austria
o President ACTIV SOLAR, INC., Boston, USA
o Branch Director, ACTIV SOLAR FRANCE, Lyon
• Vice President Product Innovation and Business Development (2007-2011)
ROTH & RAU AG, Chemnitz, Germany
• Managing Director / Vice President International Sales & Marketing (2004 – 2007)
NIMBLE NV, Ghent, Belgium
• Global Business Development Manager (1996 to 2004)
METRON TECHNOLOGY, Amsterdam, Munich, San Jose
• Process Transfer Manager (1994 – 1996)
ALCATEL MICROELECTRONICS, Oudenaarde, Belgium
• Engineering Area Manager & Chairman Joint Engineering Teams (1993 to 1994)
INTEL CORP, Leixlip, Ireland
• Senior Process Development Engineer (1991 to 1993)
INTEL CORP, Santa Clara, California
• Process & Equipment Engineer Ion Implantation and RTP (1988 – 1991) – IMEC, Leuven, Belgium
• Middle Management Programme, Vlerick Management School, Ghent, 2002
• Postgraduate Programme in Corporate Management, Catholic University, Leuven, 1990
• MSc. Industrial Sciences / Microelectronics Engineering, Polytechnic Institute, Ghent, 1987
Dutch (native) • English (full proficiency) • French (excellent) • German (good)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.