From 2004 to 2014 I have worked extensively throughout the Middle East region. I have been involved in providing a wide range of risk and security measures for Energy, Oil and Gas and Commercial clients, including Security Risk Review Reports and Risk Treatment Plans, Crisis Management Plans, Evacuation Plans, Incident Response Manuals, Executive Protection, Security Policies and Procedures and Contingency Planning . Delivery of Security Awareness and Hostile Environment Training.
September 2006 to October 2014
Security Consultant, Middle East
Security Advisor involved in providing a wide range of risk and security measures for Oil and Gas and Commercial clients within the Gulf Region including Security Vulnerability Assessments and Risk Treatment Plans, Secure Journey Management, Guard Force Training and Standing Orders, Crisis Management Plans, Evacuation Plans, Detailed Investigations, Security Plans, Policies and Procedures, and Port Facility Security Assessments (ISPS Code). Delivery of Hostile Environment and Security Awareness Training.
• Bahrain Petroleum Company
• Saudi Electricity Company
• Gulf Petrochemicals
• Bahrain National Gas
• AGAS Lubes
• Sirtec Niggi, Iraq
Security Risk Assessments at Bahrain National Gas on:
o Main Administration Building
o Compressor Stations
o Central Gas Plant processing trains
o Gas Storage Areas
o Port Facility (as per ISPS Code)
o Preparing a Threat and Risk Analysis Matrix (TRAM)
o Presenting recommendations as inputs to a Security Risk Treatment Plan
These assessments included a Threat and Risk Analysis Matrix (TRAM) that identified the full spectrum of risks/threats to individuals, infrastructure, assets and operational capabilities. The TRAM further identified the Likelihood of such risks/threats occurring; Vulnerability (by assessing what countermeasures (if any) in place), and Consequences in the event of any identified risk/threat being realised. A numerical risk rating was then assigned to each identified risk/threat and countermeasures recommended in order to tolerate, mitigate or eliminate the risk.
ISO 31000 Risk Management Standards
International Association of Oil and Gas Producers Project Management and Security and Emergency Evacuation Procedures
American Petroleum Institute Standard
I kept clients updated daily on the political, intelligence, and security situation in the region, including incidents of note outside of the region that may impact upon operations. This intelligence was obtained from open/close information sources, and contacts established within the indigenous and Intelligence/Security community.
Mar 2004 to August 2006
Control Risks Group, Iraq
Regional Security Manager (Kurdistan)
• Risk and threat assessment surveys.
• Prepare and constantly review ex pat compound security plan including actions to be taken in the event of emergencies.
• Oversee armed protection teams and static guard force.
• Secure journey management for clients throughout Middle East
• Prepare guard force standing orders, work schedule and training plan.
• Create site security and country evacuation plans for clients and staff.
• Investigate and report on breaches of security.
• Liaison with local police, military and political representatives.
• Prepare and deliver daily political/intelligence/security briefs to clients.
June 1983 to March 2004
Royal Ulster Constabulary, Belfast, Northern Ireland
• Community Policing (Community Partnerships, Organisational Transformation, Problem Solving).
• Police Detective in Major Investigation Team investigating murders, terrorist and criminal offences.
• Interview of terrorist prisoners in dedicated Terrorist Holding Centre.
• Interview of witnesses and suspects.
• Preparation of prosecution cases in terrorist and serious crime investigations.
• Witness protection and relocation of witnesses in terrorist trials.
• Forensic Science Liaison Officer.
• Mentor and train Aides to CID.
• Crime Scene Investigation/Management.
• Criminal Investigation Courses including Structured Interview Techniques.
Post Graduate Certificate in Security and Risk Management (University of Leicester).
Health and Safety Certificate
First Aid and Defibrilator
Queens Commendation for Brave Conduct
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.