I worked as a Reliability Engineer for John Crane UK for 16 months. I successfully provided information on component failures to prevent re-occurance. I have served in the Royal Air Force for 9 years as a Mechanical Technician working on a variety of Heavy vehicles and Aircraft support equipment. I am a motivated, intelligent individual who thrives on working with mechanical machinery. I enjoy working in a team environment as everyone helps each other achieve a common goal.
Reliability Engineer, John Crane Jan 2012 – April 2013
Part of a team of 5 people in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) who are responsible for investigating Reliability related problems with our Dry Gas Seals installed in a variety of turbo machinery made by OEM’s around the world like GE Oil & Gas, Siemens, etc.
• Carry out Root Cause Analysis (RCA) sessions with end users after a recent failure, to provide them with a technical report on the outcomes and effective solutions.
• Conduct site survey of rotating equipment and ancillaries to provide the end user with a report on possible improvements that could be made to increase service life.
• Comment on the returned condition of DGS when requested by customers to provide them with possible areas to investigate on site.
• Provide operational/technical assistance on Dry Gas Seals (DGS) to other service centres and clients around the globe, like BP, Shell, Aramco, Chevron, Total, Statoil
• To implement solutions found through RCA techniques into current/future applications to prevent re-occurrence in the future.
Mechanical Technician, Royal Air Force (RAF) Jan 2003 – Jan 2012
Numerous progressive roles within the RAF have contributed to developing my core technical skills set, as well as other key skills such as: Leadership, management, problem solving, using initiative, coordination, team work, time / change management as well as behavioural flexibility.
• A strong team player who has a proven track record of working across different cultures, languages and functions where there is co-dependencies.
• Competent with complex systems that utilise a variety of different actuating systems I.e. electro mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic.
• Mechanical maintenance, repairs and modifications to Heavy/ light vehicles and mobile plant machinery. From OEM’s MAN, DAF, Cummins, JCB, CAT, Scammel, and L/Rover.
• Experienced with compressed air, nitrogen and oxygen production equipment and its rectification.
• Inspection, testing and servicing of aircraft associated lifting tackle and hoists.
• In-depth fault diagnosis on a large variety of mechanical equipment down to single component failure.
Frequently act as ‘deputy’ in managing a team in the absence of the leader, resulting in being able to build trusting and long lasting working relationships.
• Apollo Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Techniques
• Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming
• MAN Fault Finding Diagnostic tool
• National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 Mechanical Engineering (Distinction) – Royal Air Force (RAF).
• Business Technology Education Council (BTEC) in Motor Vehicle Maintenance (Merit) – South Devon College, Devon.
• National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 2 Information Communication Technology (Pass) Paignton Community College, Sixth Form, Devon.
• General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) – Paignton Community College, Devon. 7 subjects
Training courses completed
• Multiple ‘conversion’ trainings via the RAF for new and specialised equipment/vehicles
• Specialist Vehicle Conversion (SVC)
• Fuel blending equipment
• C & C1 (HGV) Driving Licence
• Full clean UK Driving License
• Equality and Diversity
• Quality Assessment
• Data Protection
• First Aid at work
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.