Qualified automotive mechanical supervisor.Competent in conducting complex repairs in harsh and arduous environments, in such places as far as wide as Afghanistan, often for six to eight months per time,solely responsible for managing and maintaining approximately forty vehicles situated across three locations.Thorough understanding of fleet management systems.Excellent interpersonal and training skills developed during 22 years service in Her Majesty's Royal Marines.
Qualifications & Training
• CAV Civilian armoured vehicles
• Lean 6 Sigma Green Belt
• ADR Certificate
• HGV Class 1
• NVQ Level 3 Mobile Air Conditioning Systems
• NVQ Level 3 Mechanical, Manufacturing ,Engineering, Installation, Commissioning and
• Motor Vehicle Craft Studies Part 1 & 2
• First Aid at Work
• NVQ Level 2 EDEXCEL Plant Operator
• ME415 Outboard Motor Maintainers Course
• VOSA MOT Inspector
• European Computer Driving License
• Automotive Locksmith
• Managing Safely IOSH
• Society of Operations Engineers IRTE Eng Tech
• Proficient in the use of Auto Data 3.38 2014 , Launch X431 and Bosch diagnostic equipment
• Highly experienced in process development to enable the improvement and effectiveness of the department and overall operation of the organisation by having an understanding of the Lean 6 Sigma process
• Engineering management including maintenance planning, technical instruction and intuition
• Team motivator and mentor, proficient in staff personnel and professional development to achieve the required results
• Display industriousness , conscientiousness and diligence in performing tasks, being resourceful when obtaining solutions by identifying, analysing and solving problems
• Competent in the use of modern vehicle diagnostic equipment and recovery assets
February 2009 to July 2015
Royal Marines Primary Vehicle Technician
Demonstrate remarkable organizational ability under an array of challenging circumstances. Intuitive and logical manner to fault finding. Proficient in conducting complex repairs in harsh and arduous environments. Blending management skills with technical expertise.
• Planned, prepared and conducted regular briefings to director level on the position of the department, ensuring awareness of all mechanical repair problems
• Ensured tactful and diplomatic liaison with a multitude of U.K and indigenous agencies, by diagnosing vehicle faults, implementing solutions and estimating repair costs
• Planned and delivered technical training to five to eight members of staff, ensured that training was monitored and administrated, achieving an exemplary improvement in work production
• Managed, planned and sourced local agencies to carry out the construction of three overseas vehicle repair units, ensuring preventive maintenance, upon return a year later finding the three units functioning effortlessly
• Monitored Health and Safety procedures to ensure precise standards and rigid specifications both in the U.K and overseas were adhered too, so preventing unanticipated hazards
• Achieved teamwork effectiveness by looking upon problems as exciting challenges, managing a team of four indigenous tradesmen with limited English language knowledge to assist in the repair of a fleet of vehicles
August 2007 to February 2009
Royal Marines Vehicle Technician Shop Floor Manager
Excellent perception of diagnosing and repairing vehicles to specification. Offering extensive knowledge and a profound ability to work on most types of light and heavy duty vehicles
• Diagnosed diesel and petrol automotive equipment , components and systems to determine necessary repair
• Supervised workshop to ensure jobs are completed on time and according to stringent quality standards
• Managed, planned and delivered to twenty groups of ten to fifteen staff, training courses on new vehicle technology
• Ensured all personnel received up to date information focusing on diagnostics, trouble shooting and repair instruction by managing and implementing new software arriving into the workshop
November 2006 to October 2007
Royal Marines Vehicle Technician
An effective team leader accomplished in training and motivating. Monitored and encouraged the highest standards and continuous professional development in all aspects of motor vehicle technology and vehicle workshop procedures.
• Delegated routine tasks and encourage colleagues to utilise all available resources to achieve results
• Motivated and supervised others in team environments, excellent communication skills, both written and oral, utilized all available facilities to engage in outdoor team building exercises
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.