Involved in the oil/gas industry for over 25 years.
NACE Coatings Inspector Level 2 Qualified. CompEX Mechanical Inspector Qualified.
Specialist in Corrosion Resistant Coatings. Vast experience in Drilling Rig Asset Integrity Inspections.
An engineering professional with extensive experience specialising in corrosion resistant coatings/linings/insulation for the oil and gas, chemical, petrochemical, and power generation industries. Demonstrating strong leadership, technical and commercial skills, with proven sales and marketing experience acquiring many high profile contracts within the oil, gas, power and chemical industries.
I have extensive experience in protective coatings for offshore subsea pipelines, onshore oil drilling rigs.
Proven skills in the compilation of all documentation, with conversant knowledge of international codes & standards and oil & gas pipeline systems.
In depth knowledge of subsea pipe coatings including FBE, MLPP, MLPE, GSPU, Solid PU, Polychloroprene, EPDM and Heat Shrink Sleeves .
February 2015 – present
Oil/Gas Rig Verification Engineer
Working as verification/mechanical plant inspection engineer on onshore drilling rigs.
February/March carried out asset integrity inspection of a Seaharvest rig in Canada and a rig in Egypt for Egyptian Chinese Drilling Company (ECDC).
September 2013 to February 2015
PIPELINE TECHNIQUE LTD
Position: Employed in the capacity of Field Joint Coatings Operations Manager.
• For a team of 18 coating operatives and 2 Coating Engineers
• For the engineering, co-ordination and operational activities of the Coating Department
• To attend meetings in a technical sales capacity with potential clients.
• Approve company ITPs, PQTs, PPTs etc.
• Witness third party testing of coatings ie DSC, Hot Water Soak Test, Tensile, Water Absorption, Adhesion, Cathodic Disbondment etc.
• I work closely with our project managers (Pipe Fabrication)
• To prepare and provide operational training of on- and offshore crew for FJC activities.
• To advise and control client tenders with respect to coating activities.
• To provide budgets-estimates and/or firm offers for tenders and projects.
• To travel to place of FJC installation
• Introduce and develop new coating systems
I was involved with the Ichthys ( Inpex Oil) project where we were carrying out the Onshore Field Joint Coating at Kabil 1 and Kabil 2 spool base at Batam in addition to the Offshore (Aegir Pipe Lay Vessel) training of Australian crew at PTL Coating Centre in Huntly.
In addition to the Ichtys Project I am also working on technical and commercial scope for Total E & P Angola Block 32 Kaombo Project and Dande -Client Technip
2010 – 2013
Cenelec Standards Inspections (CSI) & Rigtech
Position: Land Rig Verification Engineer
Working as verification/mechanical plant inspection engineer on Weatherford Drilling International (WDI) onshore drilling rigs.
Work included verifying all the components and plant on the clients asset register and updating the register with plant found but not included in the data. Reports on the integrity of the equipment were electronically filed, the site mechanical engineer would be consulted with the decision making as to the extent of rectifications.
One of the aims of the inspection and asset verification was to identify and communicate opportunities for improvement at the Rig with regard to clients BMS (Business Management System) compliance and control of documentation. Plant with signs of damage or distress would be incorporated on the ICR (Improvement Commitment Register) with recommendations. Equipment and plant would be inspected to ensure that it complies with the relevant standards and WDI’s code of practice.
• Independently carried out asset verification and mechanical inspection on Weatherford land drilling rigs in Iraq, China and Bahrain .
• Responsibilities included ensuring accurate recording of verification and condition of plant and equipment including coatings and insulation, ensuring timely electronic submission of results back to the UK.
• Strong interpersonal skills were required to liaise with the Senior Tool Pusher and engineers based in the designated countries.
• Verified inspection documentation including MPI, NDT and ICR’s.
2005 – Ongoing
Position: Coatings Consultancy
• Worked on BP Andrews Development project in corrosion protection of fabricated steel components. Role involved negotiating the contract with the end client, advising on technical queries and costing of the project. .
• Oversaw application and testing of various coatings including FBE, Polychloroprene and Polypropylene.
• Egden Murray (Sakhalin 1 Project Russia)
1. Played a key role in negotiating contract for £900K for the company (Barrier Ltd)
2. Advised on technical procedures for the application of polychloroprene insulation to riser pipes, guides and clamps. Advice resulted in award of the contract.
3. Provided advice in conference calls with international partners on the oil and gas project
• Heerema (Centrica ensign project)
1. Responsible for estimating the contract and drawing up quality plan/method procedure.
2. Main point of contact to answer technical queries on the corrosion resistant coatings
3. Monitored project progress and witnessed quality control inspections through to completion of project.
Jan 2008 – Nov 2010
Sir John Fitzgerald Ltd
Position: Operations Manager
• Developed strategic plans with Managing Director and drove implementation of these plans across the business
• Responsible for the project management of new build sites including M&E and all contractors
• Liaised with architects, contractors and structural engineers to co-ordinate activities and ensure timely project completion
• Successfully completed the acquisition and sale of numerous public house outlets
Sep 2001 – Jan 2008
Self employed – Denton Polymers
• Managed company applying corrosion resistant coatings and linings of pipe work, vessels and valves both in factory and onsite
• Secured contracts both nationally and internationally within the chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas and power industries
• Designed and manufactured flexible expansion bellows for companies including ICI, Huntsman Group and the Ministry of Defence.
• Developed polymeric flange to assist longevity of elastomeric lined pipe work and valves
• Carried out inspections of lined Cation, Mixed Bed and Anion vessels at Guang Dong Power Station, Daya Bay China on behalf of NEI Kennicot.
• QA/QC Responsible for inspection and recording of Humidity Levels, Metal Temperature, Blast Profile (Testex Tape) , Coating Thickness, Hardness High Frequency Spark Testing, and generally ensuring that the coatings application are in accordance with Client specification.
Feb 1994 – Sep 2001
Managing Director of Denton (RE) Ltd.– Subsidiary Company of Barrier Ltd.
I secured a number of high profile and large scale contracts including the following:
1. Atal – Stone Cutters Island, Hong Kong (new water treatment plant). £700K contract for the onsite Butyl lining of chemical storage tanks and associated pipe work.
2. Huntsman – Malaysia. £270K contract for the Butyl lining of chemical storage tanks
3. NEI Kennicot – Phillipines. £95K contract for glass flake and natural rubber lining of filter vessels and associated process pipe work.
Aug 1978 – Feb 1994
Sales and Marketing Director – Denton & Co (Rubber Engineers) Ltd
Qualifications & Certifications
• NACE Coating Inspector Level 2 Cert No. 53055
• BOSIET (expired)
• HND Business Studies
• A-Levels Economics & English
• CompEX Mechanical Certificated Cert No.00416CM
• Employment Law Penninsula
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.