I am a Paralegal/Trial Assistant for a criminal defense attorney in Oregon USA having completed my Masters and previous education in the United Kingdom. I would characterise myself as an enthusiastic, energetic hard working self starter with an open mind and always prepared to learn. I am keen to get a Legal position, having learned a lot and enjoyed two successful years at Law Office of Laura Fine Moro.
Relevant Qualifications & Education
Nottingham Law School, London
Graduate Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB)
Kaplan Law School, London
September 2012 – May 2013
Legal Practice Course
• Modules Include: Business Law and Practice, Property Law, Legal Research, Public Companies and Capital Markets, Debt Finance and Banking and Private Acquisitions.
University of Birmingham
October 2010 – September 2011
Master of Laws (LLM) International Commercial Law
• Modules: Intellectual Commercial Arbitration, International and Comparative Oil and Gas Law, Commercial Conflict of Laws and International Investment Law.
• Dissertation Topic: The Efficiency of the Rules Relating to Assignment of Debt.
Nottingham Law School
September 2009 – June 2010
Graduate Diploma in Law
• Modules: English Legal Method, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, EU Law, Land Law, Constitutional and Administrative Law, Contract Law and Trusts and Equity.
October 2006 – May 200
BA (Hons) Accounting and Law
• Modules included: Intellectual Property Law, Financial Regulation, Financial Reporting, Accounting Theory and Practice and Corporate Finance.
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• The ability to absorb large amounts of complex information
• Computer and administration skills
• Research skills
• Initiative, and the ability to work in a team
• Ability to show patience and tact, when working with a variety of different clients
Law Office of Laura Fine Moro, P.C., Eurgene, OR, USA
September 2013 – Present
Job Title- Paralegal/Trial Assistant for Criminal defense attorney
• Assist with drafting motions and documents for both state and federal courts.
• Assisting in adhoc projects or initiatives as advised by Defense attorney
• Review discovery and conduct meetings with clients.
• Research various aspects of state and federal law and conduct searches on a client’s criminal background.
• Billing and invoices for private, court appointed and federal cases.
• Manage bookkeeping.
• Coordinating clear document management including preparing and maintaining records, assisting with the ordering and scheduling of files
Law Office of Laura Fine Moro, P.C., Eugene, OR, USA
Job Title – Law Clerk for Criminal defense attorney
• Assigned to assist on a case
• Investigated various reports to find an alternative to the police’s case.
• Researched state and federal case law to assist in creating a defence.
• Examined possible defenses to the crime.
African Regional Intellectual Property Organization, Harare, Zimbabwe
Job Title – Intern (2 weeks)
• A division of the World Intellectual Property Organization that grans patents and trademarks.
• Conducted preliminary examinations on trademark and patent applications to ensure they complied with the required form.
• Advised prospective applicants on how to fill out a patent and trademark application form and the content of the applications.
• Researched traditional knowledge in the area which included interviewing various people.
• Attended a lecture on the importance of protecting intellectual property in Africa.
Ladbrokes, Bournemouth, England
April 2007- January 2009
Job Title – Cashier
• Ensure customers received outstanding service.
• Manually calculated bets.
• Dealt with large sums of money.
• Processed information on a specialized computer till.
• Accurately maintained cash levels in the till.
• Constantly aware of all new promotions and advertised them
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.