10 years experience in large construction firms handling multi million dollar projects.
Education And Qualifications
B.Com: B.Com. Financial (1998)
University of South Africa
Certificate: National Intermediate Certificate including Accounting and Business Practice (1995)
Kempton Park Technical College
Standard Eight: Including Afrikaans, English, Business Economics and Biology (1993)
Kempton Park High School
Construction Manager/ Project Manager (2010 – 2014)
CAPITAL FOODS LDA, MOZAMBIQUE
• Managed and oversaw all construction projects from inception to completion, played an integral role in the planning of projects, managed budgets and participated in the identification of all resource requirements
• Developed teams, set out project goals and objectives and assigned the individual responsibilities to the team
• Carried out project accounting functions, managed budgets, monitored expenses, minimized exposure and risk to projects, ensuring compliance with the designated budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards
• Developed and implemented project work plans, evaluated the plans, making necessary revisions as required
• Liaised with the Contractors responsible for completing work the various stages of the each of the projects
• Coordinated and worked collaboratively with all parties involved in the projects including Architects, Consultants, Contractors, Sub-Contractors and Laborer and carried out inspections of the construction sites
• Ensured project documentation were accurately completed and communicated effectively to all stakeholders
• Identified the elements of the project design and construction where disputes and claims were likely to arise
• Communicated with other departments and provided support to the Operations Department as required
• Carried out general construction functions including erecting, fabricating and sheeting steel buildings and structures, managed Fleet, operated as the Workshop Supervisor and project managed various constructions
• Promoted from the Millwright within 6 months and was tasked to establish the new branch of Capital Foods in Mozambique. Successfully refurbished 16 warehouses which were dilapidated within 3 months.
• Built a 150 ton an hour flour mill worth $10 million and the largest grain terminal in Africa worth $75 million, built a polypropylene bag factory, a 15000m2 container terminal , a 24m digital weighbridge and solely carried out all calibration and settings in addition to rehabilitating a 600 mile railway line.
CAPITAL FOODS LTD, MALAWI
• Repaired and maintained the milling equipment (Buhler) and participated in the general construction activities
• Carried out planned, preventative and reactive maintenance activities on equipment following strict policies
• Involved in the erection, fabrication and sheeting of steel buildings and structures, managed fleet, supervised the workshop, worked as part of a maintenance team and interfaced with other departments and contractors
Manager/Engineer (2008 – 2010)
LUSO AFRICAN STEEL ENGINEERING CONTRACTORS, MALAWI
• Undertook repairs and maintenance activities on all equipment and machines, following relevant maintenance instructions, procedures and protocols and made suggestions on where viable improvements could be made
• Used facilities and machines in a safe manner in accordance with company and health and safety legislation
• Worked in general construction areas, erected and fabricated and sheeted steel buildings and structures
• Managed a range of projects overseeing all aspects of the projects to ensure timely delivery and completion
• Started as maintenance supervisor and was promoted to Site Supervisor, responsible for constructing a 75000 m2 tobacco factory and all steel structures were fabricated on site. Also constructed the vaults for the Malawi Reserve Bank and various smaller warehouses.
Project Manager/ Accountant/ Quarry Manager (2007 – 2008)
MARTINS & NORONHA LTD, MALAWI
• Carried out functions as the Project Manager and Accountant dealing with cashbook and general accounts
• Working as the Quarry Manager, overseeing the daily operations of 3 Quarries and supervised the workshop
• Participated in the rebuild of Crusher with involvement in the overall design and maintenance functions
• Provided support with repairs and maintenance of essential machines and assisted with general construction
• Manufactured Hot Asphalt and held responsibility for all aspects of safety and production on the sites
• Started with a rundown quarry and developed it into a successful 1200t p/h crusher plant which supplied to the entire region.
Project Manager/ Accountant/ Site Manager (2004 – 2006)
BLACKTOP SURFACES MALAWI
• Carried out various duties as Project Manager, Accountant, supervising the general construction functions
• Oversaw the daily operations of four Quarries and managed the road maintenance and road constructions
• Ensured the highest standards of safety were consistently maintained, ensured that quality and production targets were met at all times and monitored process parameters in terms of performance factors
• Played an integral role in road designs and supported in the repair and maintenance of essential machines
• Began with the company as an Accountant and within 3 months gained responsibilities as the Branch Manager and Road Builder involved in the construction of 1200km of asphalt and chip roads.
Financial Director and Shareholder (1999 – 2003)
TRACTOR AND GRADOR SUPPLIES, SOUTH AFRICA
• Oversaw the financial and administrative duties including producing management accounts and reports
• Managed accounts reconciliation, debt and creditor reconciliation, produced debtor statements and reports, prepared all financial documentation for the company including the completion and calculation of tax forms
• Carried out stock management and costing, developing and monitoring operational budgets for the company
• Undertook monthly reporting and carried out all year end functions, forecasting and recovered all expenses
• Managed asset depreciation with responsibility for the management of stock and control of imported stock
Bookkeeper (1996 – 1999)
GORDALEX MANAGEMENT SERVICES, SOUTH AFRICA
• Responsible for in-depth bookkeeping functions, managing account reconciliation, completed and calculated tax forms, handled all debtor and creditor reconciliation and produced all debtor statements and reports
• Dealt with expense recovery, asset register and the overall management of stock and costing functions
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.