I have been a full-time secondary school teacher for 5 years in Singapore. I have acquired a wide range of experience in teaching, mentoring (new teachers), planning, administration, communication, organisation, IT skills, coordinator, basic counselling and a lot more as mentioned in my C.V. I have also been awarded the Most Caring Staff award in 2012, was team leader of a curriculum development project for 2 years and dept coordinator for 3 years now and have been promoted in April 2013.
May 2009 – Present
Teacher at Pioneer Secondary School | Ministry of Education, Singapore
• Teaching of Home Economics to lower secondary students and Food & Nutrition (F&N) to upper secondary students
• Facilitation and assessment of GCE ‘O’ & ‘N’ Level F&N Coursework Exam (national exam duties)
• Department coordinator from 2011 – 2014
• CIVEL Team Leader from 2011 – 2014 (team work in curriculum development)
• Form teacher duties (both graduating and non-graduating classes)
• Netball Co-Curricular Activity 2nd In-Charge
• Cafeteria Committee member
• Setter and checker for school exam papers
• Exam invigilation duties for both national exams and school internal exams
• Promoted to a higher substantive grade in April 2013.
• Managed the entire department alone, bearing double to triple times workload due to lack of manpower at one time in 2012.
• Obtained the Most Caring Staff Award in 2012, nominated by staff and students.
• Achieved performance grading of B for the year 2012
• Attended several training courses and workshops for professional development (on pedagogy, content knowledge, cookery skills, basic counselling etc.)
January – March 2009
Teacher (Work Attachment) at Commonwealth Secondary School | Ministry of Education, Singapore
• Attached to mentor’s classes for Home Economics in the lower secondary and Food & Nutrition in upper secondary.
• Created interesting lesson plans with meaningful lesson activities and games.
• Created more resources e.g. worksheets, quizzes, notes, PowerPoint slides for lessons
• Good appraisal given by Cooperating Teacher (mentor) for assessment, passed the work attachment assessment
January – March 2007
Student Teacher (Student Internship) at Commonwealth Secondary School
• Similar to the job scope above
• Daily reflections on lessons carried out and drafted a report on the internship
January – March 2005
Temporary Staff | Nidec Singapore Pte Ltd
• Night-shift factory work
• In the line of washing and drying of individual parts for the assembly, mainly physical work, carrying and transferring of trays
November – December 2002
Temporary Staff | Kartini Indonesian Restaurant
• Waitressing – taking and delivering orders, sending and collecting bills
• Tending the mini snack and dessert stall as well as cashier duties
• Opening & closing duties – cleaning of mirrors, table preparations, sorting out the snacks and desserts on trays for display at the stall, restroom cleaning
July 2008 – May 2009
Diploma in Home Economics Education | National Institute of Education, Singapore
• Passed 11 modules with a GPA of 3.41
• Work attachment for 10 weeks at Commonwealth Secondary School
May 2005 – June 2008
Diploma in Consumer Science and Technology | Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore
• Performed community service at an old folks’ home, preparing lunch sandwiches and playing games
• Student Internship Programme for 10 weeks at Commonwealth Secondary School
January 2001 – November 2004
GCE ‘O’ Level Certificate | Bedok North Secondary School
• 6 GCEs passed and obtained A2 for English Language and Science (Physics/Chemistry), B3 for Mathematics, Principles of Accounts and Malay Language
Skills & Achievements
• Experienced in guiding, leading and coordinating colleagues in the department.
• Department coordinator since 2011, overseeing and managing all things related to the department.
• Team leader in a department project work (CIVEL). Led team in a project exhibition and presentation organised by the Ministry of Education, as well as in a school zonal sharing session on the department’s “Best Practices” and other internal sharing sessions.
• Managed the schemes of work and syllabus plans done by colleagues in the department.
• Able to delegate work appropriately and fairly among colleagues and team members.
• Able to set standards and high expectations to fellow colleagues to ensure work effectiveness and productivity.
• Able to give feedback and make appropriate recommendations for improvements in the system where necessary.
• Well-organised and meticulous in office administrative work.
• Skilled in accurate assessment and planning e.g. assessing students’ work effectively and promptly, organised lesson plan and delivery.
• Able to follow instructions well and produce what is required promptly and effectively.
• Able to manage and organise time well e.g. planning of syllabus and lessons for the year.
• Organised in planning monthly duty schedules among colleagues fairly.
• Able to multi-task various tasks and duties and self-disciplined to maintain organisation.
• Able to complete various administrative tasks promptly and effectively.
• Experienced in booking of venues, transport (buses) and programmes for various activities planned.
• Skilled in recording, computing and generating data e.g. generating students’ scores and results.
• Experienced in routine work with basic clerical skills and following up if necessary.
• Experienced in department budgeting, as well as purchasing items from external vendors as well as finding a fixed supplier for regular purchase of supplies.
• Experienced in item collection and stock-taking.
• Passionate in writing, proficient in writing in English.
• Proficient in drafting letters (formal / informal) well e.g. drafting letters to parents, organisations.
• Skilled in writing reports or simple write-ups for any given subject with sufficient background information. Written full essay model answers for students’ learning and references.
• Competent in writing comments / feedback clearly. Written comments on students’ behaviour and academic progress as well as testimonials and recommendation letters for graduating students.
• Experienced in note-taking and writing of minutes for department meetings.
• Skilled at listening and reading, including proofreading.
• Proficient in functioning and maintaining a computer system as well as other similar electronic products.
• Proficient in using Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel and in using e-mail systems and its added features, Outlook, Googledocs. Able to use basic html codes in text editing.
• Able to navigate the internet competently.
• Able to function, connect and maintain equipment and machinery well e.g. office printer, projector.
• Fluent in English and Malay, currently learning Dutch.
• Able to communicate effectively, patiently and calmly e.g. consistent and constant communication with colleagues, students and parents is required in relaying important messages, having discussions and checking students’ understanding of the lesson.
• Able to communicate lesson objectives and concepts effectively and able to express ideas in easily understandable terms.
• Able to communicate feedback and areas for improvement where necessary.
• Able to converse on the phone clearly, politely and pleasantly.
• Skilled at teaching practical skills e.g. practical lessons (on cookery skills and usage of tools and equipment).
• Able to operate, monitor, control and set up equipment and machinery (in the office and cookery room).
• Able to monitor usage of specific tools and equipment in the work area to ensure proper maintenance.
• Experienced in working long hours on the feet with lots of physical work.
Teaching, Mentoring & Basic Counselling
• Competent in teaching, in any particular knowledgeable subject or topic.
• Skilled in providing accurate and meticulous assessment e.g. assessment of students’ work.
• Able to do basic counselling on minor conflicts and issues with a gentle and comforting disposition.
• Competent in mentoring new staff. Managed and mentored beginning teachers to ensure they were well-integrated into the school culture and department.
• Competent in evaluating, assessing and/or giving feedback to colleagues for appraisal or for improvement.
• Able to provide advice and help to others, even lending listening ears and moral/emotional support.
• Able to provide motivation and encouragement to colleagues.
• Cooperative team player, diplomatic, tactful, fair and able to work effectively in a team setting.
• Able to avoid conflicts as much as possible and work well with team members in team work.
• Able to motivate team members to continue to work together and to achieve success.
• Experienced working in a diverse culture of people with diverse personality types.
• Competent in serving customers pleasantly and politely with a friendly and warm disposition.
• Experienced in dealing with a diverse culture of customers and demands.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.