A highly experienced Chef Manager with an outstanding track record of leadership in demanding, high pressure catering environments. Expertise includes full budgetary and inventory control, management of a team of up to 120 staff, HACCP and HSE compliance, VIP events, fine dining and bulk catering. Known for ability to achieve outstanding results with limited resources in the most challenging of conditions. A well-liked individual, with the character, commitment and passion.
2011-Present CHEF MANAGER / STAND-IN UNIT MANAGER (AFGHANISTAN)
• Overseeing food and service operations across a large-scale, 24 hour military dining facility, serving 6000 customers on a daily basis
• Heading up a team of 120 personnel to deliver a well-run operation, with emphasis service excellence, not only for regular customers but also for special guests and functions
• Astute management of a $750K per fortnight food inventory, with responsibility for the preparation of 4 meals per day on a 28 day rotating local and international menu
• Driving full compliance with Quality and HSE standards, reinforced with twice weekly safety meetings and regular training
• Ensuring strict adherence to deadlines and targets in the completion of each mealtime, as well as maintaining a very good working relationship with the British Military and Coalition Forces
• Minimising costs through waste and loss reduction methodologies, ensuring expenditure is kept within tight budgetary constraints
• Supporting and educating staff on correct procedure for menu and recipe planning, food safety, food service, HACCP guidelines and accounting practices
• Coordinating transport and logistics for food supplies delivered both by air and road, ensuring timely receipt and storage
2001-2011 SOLDIER / CHEF MANAGER
Royal Logistics Corps (RLC)
• Extensive experience in managing all aspects of army barracks catering operations, from bulk catering to fine dining for smaller numbers
• Leading teams of various sizes both in the kitchen and in the back office, with responsibility for food preparation, service, finances and administration
• Combining advanced planning and organisation skills to maintain consistent availability of staff, equipment and food supplies
• Driving HACCP principles and standards to establish impeccable levels of food safety and hygiene across the food preparation and service area
• Overcoming language and cultural barriers when working in Germany, Afghanistan and Iraq, using improvisation and initiative to communicate expectations effectively
• Inspiring a spirit of teamwork, engaging well with civilian and military colleagues, with emphasis on cohesive working and a positive, proactive atmosphere
• Planning stock levels in line with budgetary constraints, mindful of many different factors, including nutritional requirements, numbers, menu variety and stock availability
• Remaining constantly aware of produce numbers and stock movements within food stores, fridges and freezers, enforcing strict adherence to storage methods, hygiene standards and shelf life
Adam House Nursing Home
Education and Qualifications
CLAIT: Computer Literacy and Information Technology Diploma
City & Guilds: Level 2 Catering & Hospitality
Level 2a: Royal Society for Promotion of Health Food Hygiene
Level 3: Field Catering
Level 3: Food Safety
Intermediate Level: Food Hygiene
City & Guilds: Level 2 Key Skills & Problem Solving
City & Guilds: Level 2 Improving Own Learning & Performance
City & Guilds: Level 2 Working with Others
• Agusta Westland Bowman Radio User
• British Safety Council Health & Safety
Other: Fork Lift License (Counter Balance) & Driver’s License
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.