An ambitious and dedicated Bus Builder with 17 years’ experience at the largest bus building company in Europe and a wide range of transferable skills from a successful career in the Royal Navy. Demonstrates diverse technical capabilities in bus and mono-rail carriage construction.
1997 – 2014 ALEXANDER DENNIS, Camelon / Falkirk, Scotland
The largest bus building company in Europe offering expertise in the construction of buses and mono-rail carriages for bombardiers used in airports throughout the world.
• Enthusiastically participating in all opportunities for continuing professional development including completing comprehensive training in all aspects of bus construction and mono-rail carriage building
• Diligently reading and interpreting technical drawings for the allocated area of build and fitting the parts to the bus or mono-rail carriage accordingly, ensuring consistent compliance with Safety regulations and deadlines
• Training apprentices in all aspects of vehicle body building, monitoring ongoing performance and providing support as necessary to maintain standards whilst encouraging continual professional development
• Developing productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels through effective team work, reliability, punctuality and a consistently positive attitude
• Expertly operating a wide range of air tools, including pop rivet guns, mono guns, drills, pad-saws, air fed mastic guns and air buffs, ensuring adherence to established safe working practices
• Selecting and safely utilizing appropriate hand tools to complete tasks, including files, hammers, taps / dies and tin snips
1987 – 1997 ROYAL NAVY
Leading Marine Engineer
• Successfully completing comprehensive and challenging training, resulting in progression from Marine Engineer to Leading Marine Engineer
• Leading, developing and motivating a team of men within the section allocated and confidently making decisions impacting the entire ship
• Overseeing the daily operation / maintenance of machinery; air compressors, refrigeration, air conditioners, steering gear, boilers, main engines, hydraulics, diesel generators, fire pump systems and distilling plants
Education & Qualifications
Traineeship: Bus Building, 2.5 years
Alexander Dennis, Scotland, UK
4 O-Levels: Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Craft & Design and Arithmetic
Grangemouth High, UK
PVC Wheel Replacement, Alexander Dennis
Mobile Scaffolding (towers), Alexander Dennis
Overhead Cranes, Alexander Dennis
Forklift License, Royal Navy
Power Boat (Stage 2), Royal Navy
Auxiliary Machinery, City & Guilds, Royal Navy
Basic Sea Survival Course, Royal Navy
Advanced Fire Fighting Course, Royal Navy
Driving license: Full; clean
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.