I am an all-round dynamic marketing professional, thriving on building effective working relationships and ensuring the right information is produced to the right people at the right time. I have excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a great understanding of effective and targeted writing styles for a range of audiences.
I am extremely hard working and conscientious and aim to enhance brand reputation as well as raising awareness of products and services.
Open University 2014-2018
– Bsc (Hons) Sport, Fitness and Coaching
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College 2013-2014
– NVQ Level 2 Spectator Safety
Worcester College of Technology 2010-2011
– AutoCAD Foundation OCN
– Use of the layer, colour, line type and line weight conventions
– Draw to a multi-scale, using model space and layouts (model viewports & paper space)
– Plot scaled drawings including DWF and PDF formats
Leukaemia CARE Leukaemia CARE, Worcester Communications Officer November 2012- Present
– Extend and develop the visibility and reputation of Leukaemia CARE by coordinating PR, marketing, branding, communications and advertising requirements for the charity, using external agencies and freelance staff as appropriate.
– Take responsibility for the Leukaemia CARE website, its content and maintenance using a CMS.
– In charge of all social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest), its content and media monitoring.
– Record all data via the CRM.
– Monitor Google Analytics and current Google Adwords campaigns.
– Write and distribute press releases in a planned and focused way, ensuring that the charity communicates effectively both internally and externally.
– Using software such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to produce flyers, brochures, banners, posters etc.
England Touch Association Voluntary, Home-based PR/Marketing Director October 2013- Present
– Effectively communicate England Touch’s activities and facilities to attract members, funds and other resources.
– Raise the awareness and profile of England Touch throughout the Touch playing and wider sporting community.
– Enhance the reputation of England Touch and create opportunities for sponsorship and partnerships between the sport and other organisations.
– Take responsibility for the England Touch website, its content and maintenance.
– Manage all England Touch’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to increase engagement activity and increase participation levels.
Worcester Warriors, Worcester Safety Steward September 2013- Present
– Escort Players
– Provide stewarding support across several areas
– Checking tickets
– Direct supporters and monitor crowds
– Provide general guidance to the public
– Car Park Stewarding
Compco Fire Systems Compco Fire Systems, Worcester Technical Sales Engineer/Design Engineer October 2010- November 2012
– Assess scope of works of enquiries (ranging from small works to major projects).
– Carry out site surveys
– Cost and assess values of contracts
– Prepare tender documentation and presentations
– Attend post tender meetings with Technical sales staff
– Conduct hand over meetings to contract teams
– Design sprinkler system including dimensions and pipework layouts with the use of AutoCAD
Santander Group Plc Santander, Cheltenham
Personal Banking Advisor May 2007-July 2008 & August 2009-October 2010
– Engaging, approachable and dedicated to customer service.
– Expertly match each customer’s needs to the right products before securing the sale or referring on to the appropriate colleague (Mortgage or Investment).
– Dealing with customers from across a wide customer base, each day brought variety and a new challenge.
– Proven targeted sales experience and understanding of financial products and solutions to support and coach other members of the work force, playing a key role in ensuring business is transacted efficiently within the branch.
– Completed financial transactions daily (cash, cheque, telegraphic) developing a sound level of numerical competence.
Bushwackers Sin & Bushwackers, Worcester
Bar Supervisor August 2008- August 2009
– Involved in the setting of targets and objectives, and to monitor and strive for their achievement.
– Input new ideas for service and products to maintain competitive and leading edge.
– Effective communicator with guests/clients and at all levels of the venue.
– Support the Bar Manager in the implementing and/or following of procedures concerning recording of stock movements e.g. correct charging of items, billing.
– Ensure stock items behind the bars are always within expiry date.
– Assist the Bar Manager in the smooth running of the club.
– Have clear working knowledge of all company policies and operate within them at all times.
– Undertake any other duties as and when required by Senior Management.
Advance Leisure Nunnery Wood Sports Complex, Worcester
Activity Co-ordinator June 2005-May 2007
– Work with a wide range of age groups to ensure inclusive activities for all.
– Responsible for the health and safety of participants at all times.
– Plan and organise 6-week activity programme to implement through summer holiday periods across Worcestershire Advance Leisure centres.