Skills Provision is seeking Mechanics looking for their next career opportunity!
We are currently looking for customer-focused, energetic and experienced Mechanics across regional NSW, Canberra and South Australia to join a growing and well respected Australian owned business which has been operating for over 35 years.
You will be part of a national team of around 200 mechanics delivering quality servicing, maintenance and repairs on various makes and models of vehicles, as well as using your customer service experience to retain existing business and seek out new opportunities.
• Ensure customers are provided with exceptional vehicle servicing
• Provide accurate quotations to customers and quality vehicle maintenance and repairs
• Diagnose faults and carry out required work
• Guide and advise customers on the range of services provided by the company
• Ensure that cross-selling and up-selling opportunities are followed through
• Ensure a safe and inclusive environment for both yourself and our members
Working hours for this role will be Monday to Friday 7.30am to 4.30pm and every second Saturday from 8am to 12pm.
• A current Motor Mechanic Trade Certificate or equivalent
• A current Driver’s License
• Knowledge and experience in service and maintenance
• Diagnostic skills
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Very strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to work unsupervised
*You must also have your own hand tools but all other equipment and service van will be supplied.
Depending upon the nationality of the candidate there may or may not be requirements for a skills assessment (ie trade testing) as evidence of competence equivalent to the Australian qualification (this is undertaken by VETASSESS who fly and deploy assessors to many countries for this purpose)
In the case of UK, Irish and Sri Lankan nationals there is no requirement for the skills assessment by VETASSESS, but the Immigration decision maker must be confident that the qualification (at least 3 years duration) and the work experience (i.e recent 5 years) meets the requirements.
Nationals of Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Macau, Philippines, South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam or Zimbabwe are required to undergo skills assessments. Immigration does, however, have the discretion to request a skills assessment as part of the visa application process even where it is not mandatory.
Some of the evidence that will be required to support any visa application will include but not limited to:
• Copy of relevant qualification certificates (professional and educational)
• Copy of any required registration/licensing
• Curriculum vitae or resumé (including all employment history: the last 5 years is particularly critical)
• Previous employment references (including evidence that they have two years’ work experience in the nominated occupation or a related field)
The other key criteria are passing a comprehensive medical, police check of all countries in which the person has worked and evidence of English language skills:
• Where the person did not complete high school in English, they will be required to provide evidence of English language skills (i.e. IELTS test at least 5): holders of Canadian, Irish, NZ, UK or US passports are exempted
• If the person is exempted from providing evidence of English language skills, it is essential that they have good conversational English skills
• Minimum of A$53,900 per annum in salary
• A tool allowance which is around A$600 per year
• Superannuation (i.e pension plan) of 9.25 per cent of salary (i.e around A$5,000 per annum): this amount is invested and cannot be accessed until the person retires or permanently leaves Australia
• 4 weeks annual leave
• 10 days sick leave
• Around 9-10 days for public holidays
• Overtime for work outside of standard hours
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.