Would you like a new job prospect in a beautiful country?
Skills Provision is looking for CAT Diesel Mechanics for multiple clients in locations across Australia.
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, you will be assisting with the repairs and maintenance of all types of CAT equipment and components, maintaining a safe working environment for all colleagues and ensuring customer satisfaction & value for money.
*Please take note of Visa requirements.
What does the role involve?
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Trouble shooting & repairs of all types of CAT equipment and components
• Guide & mentor trade assistants & apprentices
• Ensuring accurate service reports are completed
• Ensuring all parts are ordered before the commencement of the job
• Ensuring all parts are credited immediately if they are deemed unnecessary for the job
• Ensuring appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are applied at all times
• Ensuring all paperwork is completed within set time frames
• Comply with all company safety, health & environment procedures
• Ensure the company property & tools are maintained and returned to their location
• Maintaining a high level of presentation standards
To be considered for this role you will require the following skills, experience & attributes:
• Qualified Diesel mechanic/Technician
• Minimum 4-5 years post trade experience
• Strong mechanical ability essential
• Experience in mechanical diagnosis, servicing and repairs
• Flexibility to work in other areas of the Service Department as the work demand requires
• Committed to delivering superior customer service
• Proactive with a can-do attitude
• Proven ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
• Reliable & punctual
• Physically able to manually lift 20kgs, drive and operate plant & machinery, work in varied conditions (outdoors, heat, dust, cold etc), sit/stand for extended periods
• A strong commitment to safety, health & environment procedures
• Familiarity of Caterpillar computer diagnostics
• Has previously worked on CAT machinery and attachments
• High risk Licence – Dogging and Forklift
• Good computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
• DBS, SupportPoint, Lotus Notes, SIS experience is highly regarded
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Current Drivers Licence
• Working knowledge of parts & service systems
• Previous supervision or mentoring of trades assistants/apprentices
Depending upon the nationality of the candidate there may or may not be requirements for a skills assessment (ie trade testing) as evidence of competence equivalent to the Australian qualification (this is undertaken by VETASSESS who fly and deploy assessors to many countries for this purpose)
In the case of UK, Irish and Sri Lanka nationals there is no requirement for the skills assessment by VETASSESS, but the Immigration decision maker must be confident that the qualification (at least 3 years duration) and the work experience (ie recent 5 years) meets the requirements.
Nationals of Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Macau, Philippines, South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam or Zimbabwe are required to undergo skills assessments. Immigration, does however, have the discretion to request a skills assessment as part of the visa application process even where it is not mandatory.
Some of the evidence that will be required to support any visa application will include, but not limited to:
• Copy of relevant qualification certificates (professional and educational)
• Copy of any required registration/licensing
• Curriculum vitae or resumé (including all employment history: the last 5 years is particularly critical)
• Previous employment references (including evidence that they have two years’ work experience in the nominated occupation or a related field)
The other key criteria are passing a comprehensive medical, police check of all countries in which the person has worked and evidence of English language skills:
• Where the person did not complete high school in English, they will be required to provide evidence of English language skills (ie IELTS test at least 5): holders of Canadian, Irish, NZ, UK or US passports are exempted
• If the person is exempted from providing evidence of English language skills, it is essential that they have good conversational English skills
• Minimum of A$53,900 per annum in salary
• A tool allowance which is around A$600 per year
• Superannuation (ie pension plan) of 9.25 per cent of salary (ie around A$5,000 per annum): this amount is invested and cannot be accessed until the person retires or permanently leaves Australia
• 4 weeks annual leave
• 10 days sick leave
• Around 9-10 days for public holidays
• Overtime for work outside of standard hours
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.