Skills Provision is searching for a Workshop Manager for a company in Pretoria, South Africa.
The company specialises in Roads Construction & Manufacturing of Road Materials.
Salary & Benefits
- R 10,000 -R 15,000 p/m
- Benefits package available
- Plan, lead, organise and control all activities related to the workshop
- Provide leadership and supervision for reporting staff to meet company deliverables
- Ensure all equipment and assets are built, repaired and maintained in a safe, efficient and professional manner
- Ensure all workshop and yard tasking and operations are undertaken in a safe, efficient, cost-effective and professional manner, meeting completion dates and budgets
- Experience in the fabrication of crushing and screening plants will be an advantage
- Budgeting and cost control for all workshop activities
- Purchasing and ordering of supplies and consumables in liaison with the Procurement Department, Suppliers’ cost competitiveness and quality
- Oversee workshop operations including mechanical repairs and fabrications ensuring strict quality control is adhered to
- Responsible for Workshop & Yard safety compliance in accordance to the Safety, Health and Environmental best practices
- Staffing the workshop adequately and maintaining sound employee relationships in accordance with Company policy, liaising with Human Resources.
- Identify and provide staff training opportunities in liaison with Human Resources.
- Carry out Monthly Workplace Inspections (Yard, Mechanical, Boilermaker, and Spray Painting). ·
- Scheduling and planning of workshop activities on a weekly basis.
- Manage the maintenance of workshop facilities and fixed equipment ·
- Manage and coordinate the safety and compliance of subcontractors engaged to operate within the workshop and yard
- A minimum of 10 + years’ experience in the maintenance, repair and rebuilding of Heavy Earthmoving Plant and Equipment
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or qualified Artisan in Heavy Earthmoving Plant and Equipment
- At least 3 years of managerial experience as a Workshop manager
- Good managerial and interpersonal skills are required as well as computer literacy in Microsoft Office
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and nationality.