We are currently recruiting for a Health, Safety & Environment Manager to work within a leading Food Manufacturing Company. You will need experience within Health & Safety within a Manufacturing/Packaging environment.
Location: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Salary & Benefits
- £52,500 pa
- Benefits package offered
- Promote a proactive safety culture to continuously improve health and safety performance and awareness across the site
- Ensure that all vehicles, plant and personnel operate in a safe manner and comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy, standards and procedures.
- Actively promote best practice in all areas of Health and Safety
- Monitor and develop the standard of Health and Safety KPIs for the site.
- Support the site management team with incident investigations
- Lead and develop the site safety representatives
- Play an active role in safety related continual improvement projects
- Assist in the implementation of corporate safety policy
- Support the risk assessment process, including compilation and promulgation of the outcomes, such as documented procedures, signs, notices and effective use of the appropriate equipment
- Monitor appropriate use of permits to work and standard of completion
- Liaise with the Company Health and Safety Manager to deliver training, workshops and ad hoc safety initiatives
- Act as site Environmental Co-ordinator
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and internal aspects of environmental management
- Ensure effective communication within all areas of responsibility
- Coach and develop site team to improve site safety and environmental performance
- Represent the site as required on corporate work groups and forums on a range of subjects
- Co-operate in any other tasks within the company at the request of Site Manager or other senior manager which are appropriate to the role and level of knowledge, ability and experience
- Holder of NEBOSH or equivalent qualification
- Previous Health and Safety responsibilities within manufacturing
- Broad experience at management level within FMCG production
- Experience of accident investigation techniques
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to coach at all levels
- Excellent communication skills in a variety of media
- Intermediate IT skills
- Customer Centred
- Can do attitude
Skills Provision is an ethical international recruitment agency, as such our adverts do not discriminate with regards to age, race, gender, colour, creed, religion, sexual orientation, disability and nationality.