• Bachelor of Arts Degree – Major Spanish / Minor Politics
• Project management
• ISO 9001 QMS Foundation and Internal Auditor
• ISO 14001 EMS Foundation and Internal Auditor
• IRCA Accredited OHSAS 18001:1999 Certified/Lead Auditor Program
• National Examination Board of Occupational Safety & Health (NEBOSH) Certificate
• Senior Incident Investigator - Tap Root; TOPSET; Root Cause Analysis
• Behavioral Based Safety - STOP
• Subject Matter Expert - Global Incident & Action Tracking Management Systems
• Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PageMaker; Documentum; SharePoint, SAP
• Ability to build relationships and network with internal and external stakeholders, consultants, sub-contractors, national agencies
• Commitment to quality customer service; ability to quickly understand the requirements of customers, attend to inquiries and offer suggestions
• Trained to handle diverse cultures and groups of people
Environment Health Safety (EH&S) Trainer 03/2016 - 06/2016
Developed and delivered technical project training programs including on-site new hire orientation.
Worked directly with EH&S Training Manager to develop and update training programs in order to implement competency based training associated with project activity. Maintained documentation and continuously improved specialized training materials.
Trained over 1500 project personnel on safety, health & environmental policies, practices, laws, regulations and specialized training.
• Fall Protection / Prevention
• Spotter / Flagger
• Fire Watch
• Confined Space
• Lock Out Tag Out
• JHA / STARRT Card (JSA)
• Respiratory Protection
• Presentation & communication
• Specialized HSE training
• Hazardous condition monitoring; field safety
• Analysis & problem solving
• Connected with and related to my audience in an impactful way, entertained, inspired and enthused
• Class room management
• Customer service
• Training needs analysis
• Collated feedback
• Creative teaching and thinking but also worked to procedure
• Attention to detail
• Conveyed information accurately
• Connected to people of diverse backgrounds from trades to company directors with the skills to put them at ease
Corporate Health Safety Environment Advisor (02/2015 - 04/2015)
Provided advice on best practices on how to create and implement a more thorough and robust management system for on-going improvement and to ensure performance expectations were met as per company objectives and that of the client.
Conducted Gap Analysis of existing HSE Management System - OHSAS 18001, 14001, 9001.
Reviewed and interpreted current and new contracts to identify client QHSE Requirements against current systems and processes.
Provided end of project report with detailed guidelines for a more thorough and robust QHSE Management System.
• Report writing
• Gap analysis – identified strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement – ISO 9001, 18001
• Contract interpretation
Quality Health Safety Environment Regional Manager (8/2014 - 10/2014)
Gathered and compiled relevant QHSE documentation and performance reports for all client tender responses; presented safety performance data to clients to help secure new contracts - business growth; assisted operations and technical departments in QHSE matters.
Participated in the development, maintenance and implementation of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 standards within assigned region.
Managed departmental budget and authorize expenditure as per Delegation of Authority matrix.
Ensured adequate leadership and visibility throughout project life cycle.
• 9001, 14001, 18001 auditing
• Emergency response
• Safety monitoring and tracking data
• Strategic thinking
• Leadership and team building
• Crisis Management Coordinator
• Managed budget
Health Safety Environment Advisor (02/2014 - 07/2014)
Monitored & managed HSE performance and risks on projects to ensure performance expectations were aligned with company objectives as well as that of the client. Hosted meetings to inform clients of project updates and provided support in resolving potential issues associated with fabrication of offshore platform structures; ensured adequate HSE leadership and visibility throughout the life of the project.
Developed and implemented project HSE and Emergency Response plans for construction operations to ensure that safe work practices and programs were implemented in accordance with the safety management system, project plans, client expectations and hazards were identified and mitigation controls were in place to manage health safety environment risks.
Decreased recordable injuries and environmental related incidents by 45% from lessons learnt and increased awareness of work related hazards and risks.
Developed and conducted emergency response table top exercises, drills and training.
Ensured the compliance of applicable laws and regulatory requirements as per ISO 14001, ISO 9001, and OHSAS 18001.
• Client relations
• Project management
• Hazard identification – physical, chemical, biological
• Safety leadership
• Regulatory compliance
• Risk assessments – qualitative & quantitative
• Knowledge gap analysis – safety training
• Lead incident investigations – Tap Root
• Root cause analysis
• Emergency response table top exercises, drills
• Project reporting and presentations
• Auditing – ISO 18001, 14001
• Site inspections
• Hazard Identification (HAZID)
Health Safety Environment Lead (09/2012 - 10/2013)
• Managed HSE risks by ensuring projects adhered to health safety environment policies and procedures in all stages of project – worked across functions procurement, engineering & design, construction, commissioning, installation, decommissioning.
• Developed emergency response plans and procedures for each project phase by conducting table top exercises, emergency response drills and provided emergency response coverage as required.
• Identified potential HSE issues and provided advice to project management team with associated mitigation measures and controls as per project HSE requirements - state, federal, local.
• Provided support to on-site management and participated in subcontractor selection, pre-qualification, and monitoring via the tender contract review process.
• Supported sub-contractors during the pipeline fabrication process by providing advice to site management on improving their health safety environmental management system. Conducted on- site inspections.
• Monitored and reported all project related environmental health and safety incidents. Ensured incidents were investigated and corrective actions assigned and closed in a timely manner.
• Conducted root cause analysis of incidents in order to develop and implement mitigation plans and controls to prevent reoccurrence.
• Monitored changes in local legislation and updated relevant sections of the environmental health safety management system accordingly.
• Frequently made on-site visits to the spool base / fabrication yard and vessels during different phases of pipe-line construction to conduct inspections.
• Supported the development of qualitative occupational health risk assessments, in order to detect physical, chemical, biological hazards and limit exposures.
• Prepared reports on health safety environment incidents in the fabrication yard; analyzed, interpreted, prepared and distributed data, trends and presentation packages for senior management.
Conducted training of 200 vessel crew members on Chevron’s Incident and Injury Free (IIF) culture before project commission / installation.
Managed HSE training programs as per training needs and maintained documentation.
Assisted with implementation and development of the HSE Management System.
Implemented BBS (Behavioral Based Safety) program. Encouraged a collaborative approach by promoting by promoting cooperation, teamwork, and alignment on operational issues. Increased participation by 50% and increased quality of observations by 45%.
Managed all HSE reward incentive programs.
Developed and conducted Hazard Identification Risk Assessments (HAZID) at all stages of the project life cycle to ensure all construction work related hazards were identified and assessed.
• Leadership and team building, cross functional teams
• Client relations
• Contract review, tender approvals
• Gather, compile, analyze data
• Report writing, presentation
• Monitored changes in local legislation
• Managed performance of sub-contractors
• Project management
• Project advisor
• On-site inspections, formal audits 14001, 18001, 9001
• Developed & conducted hazard identification risk assessments
• Implemented risk mitigation plans
• Lead incident investigations – Kelvin TOPSET
• Regulatory compliance
• Use of safety equipment
• Document control
• Emergency response - conducted table top exercises, emergency response drills
• HSE Management Systems development – responsible for integration of safety & environmental management into the fab yard operations.
• Lessons learnt – raised awareness
• Lotus notes
Health Safety Environment Technical Assistant (01/2009 - 07/2011)
• Subject Matter Expert for Global Incident and Action Tracking Management Systems; managed integrity of data; developed and implemented reporting procedures; trained end users.
• Managed project HSE data as per compliance requirements in order to track performance against internally-set corporate targets. Gathered data, compiled, analyzed trends and prepared monitoring reports and presentations for senior management and clients - weekly and monthly.
• Prepared quarterly reports for corporate overseas offices and local federal agencies (US Coast Guard, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) on TRIFR (Total Recordable Incident Frequency Rates), man-hours worked, other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Conducted annual audits of the incident management & action tracking database system ensuring that all corrective/preventative actions were closed on time.
• Administered emergency/disaster preparedness training using the US Coast Guard ICS (Incident Command System) and IMT software support systems.
• Assisted in internal audits of the organization's environmental health safety management system - program compliance to maintain ISO certifications - OHSAS 18001, 14001, 9001. Full audit lifecycle - reports were complied with audit findings; identified areas of conformance, nonconformance, corrective and preventative actions. Ensured action items were tracked to closure.
• Prepared pre-read/briefing/hand-outs for external corporate audit visits.
Subject Matter Expert - Global Incident & Action Tracking Management Systems - Gulf of Mexico Business Unit.
Performed tests and evaluations of emergency management plans in accordance with company global standards, state, federal regulations. Worked with third party consultants to develop and conduct table top exercises, drills and training.
Member of the Incident Management Team – used ICS (Incident Command System) and IMT software support systems.
Ensured all incidents and accidents were reported and investigated with appropriate corrective actions and follow up to prevent re-occurrence. Managed closure of incident investigations and action items.
Worked with industrial hygiene professionals to set up on-site audio-metric and vibration monitoring tests and assisted with the implementation of the Industrial Hygiene Program. Ensured that onsite IH monitoring equipment was properly maintained, calibrated and records updated.
Emergency Response Coordinator.
• Regulatory compliance
• Emergency response training & coordinator - develop and conduct table top exercises, drills
• Technical report writing, trend analysis – presentation & communication skills
• HSE data reporting - monitoring
• HSE database management systems
• Chemical database management system
• Corporate audits against ISO standards 14001, 18001, 9001
• Incident investigation lead
• Safety administration
• Procedure development
• Behavioural Based Safety - STOP
• Industrial hygiene program implementation
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.