• 2008: Fellow of Manufacturing Management, Cranfield University, England
• 2015: ‘Train the Trainer’ QQI level 6, distinction
• 2015: ‘Manual Handling Instructor’ QQI level 6, distinction
• 2014: MIST and BOSIET offshore Health & Safety training courses, EOL, Falcarragh, Co. Donegal
• 1988: HNC Paper Technology, Robert Gordon’s University, Aberdeen, Scotland
• 1987: ONC Paper Technology, Robert Gordon’s University, Aberdeen, Scotland
• 1980: Advanced City & Guilds, Papermaking, Aberdeen Technical College, Scotland
• 1979: City & Guilds, Papermaking, Aberdeen Technical College, Scotland
Interim Plant Manager, Nampak Plastics, Athy August 2017 – March 2018
• Responsible for 45 staff manufacturing plastic bottles 24/7 for the dairy industry
• Change management leader as the site transitions to a new structure
• Working closely with key customer to manage their expectations while increasing plant flexibility
Operations Manager, Panel Duct, Castlebar Jan 2016 – Jan 2017
• Commissioning fit-out and start-up of new production facility in Castlebar
• Designed and implemented all production control and planning systems, SOP’s, quality system, staff recruitment and training, KPI’s and logistics for the plant
• Prepared all budgets in line with forecasts and controlled costs at a time when sales were low
• Contract not renewed as parent company went into examination November 2016
International Business Management Consultant 2008 - 2015
Carra Business Development owner, delivering training, development & mentoring services to SME clients on the island of Ireland and internationally. Previous experience includes:
• Business mentor for Bank of Ireland 'Enterprise Builder' service. Mentoring owners/managers of SME's across western Ireland. Developing & optimising processes to improve sales, marketing, productivity & profitability.
• Director of Innovonix ltd, working on photo-voltaic pump systems
• Business mentor for Údarás na Gaeltachta in County Donegal, working with SME owners to grow sales, develop businesses/processes and new products.
• One year contract with MIT-ZLC Logistics Centre (Zaragoza, Spain) as Country Manager in India.
• Training Operations Manager, PERA, UK. Managed funding and sales of multiple vocational training schemes for PERA, SESW region (UK), organised and coordinated 10 vocational trainers, increasing utilisation rates from 30% to 80%, engaged with funding bodies, FE and other training providers to launch £864k training scheme targeted at marine and aerospace sectors
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.