Work History & Professional Experience
Manager FTT(x) Planning, Projects & Operations, Wateen Telecom Ltd. July 2006 to Present Wateen Telecom is a top-5 Pak. operator of cable broadband systems, supporting information, communication, and entertainment demands of approximately 1.4 million customers. In a growing number of markets, Wateen offers digital TV, high-speed internet, and telephone service for the home and office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptualized and implemented process to ensure streamlined execution of various FTTX projects under multiple project managers
- Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of expense and capital budgets to assure cost effective expenditures in the department
- Visualized and built in-house technical expertise for HLD and LLD design team for FTTX network
- Played a pivotal role in the successful migration of 900 corporate customers within time constraints
- Shared expertise on managing design, installation and commissioning of FTTX equipment of Huawei Access Networks and Optical Networks along with company standard quality checks
- Leveraged skills in the preparation of business cases for FTTX roll outs, solutions, and product management
- Created and applied process for Survey and Design of duct infrastructure along with thorough submittal for provisional request to local authorities
- Initiated and executed quality process in house that successfully augmented the usage of the resource and boosted the KPI
- Exemplified proven expertise in FTTH, FTTx, development, design, deployment, and operation, asset management, project management, training and quality assurance
- Stream lined the pending issues for GPON/FTTH design and implementation for 2010 projects. Network Design and project management for 5,000 homes in year-2009 through GPON/FTTH. GPON/FTTH guidelines for civil, cable and block wiring infrastructures for SFUs & MDUs. Specification and type approvals of GPON/FTTH equipment and allied PON components.
- Review, optimization, modification and recommendations of vendor’s solutions for GPON/FTTH (ISP/OSP). Successful launch/roll out of Fiber to the Home-FTTH services in the year-2009.
- Overall project manager for construction of new HFC facilities to house 14 terabyte SAN/NAS
- Deployment of IP video security & surveillance system for DHA Lahore for 20,000HP.
- Connecting more than 300,000 subs through video distribution network of more than 50 LLO/COs
Technical Audit Consultant – HE & OSP, Broadband Technology Consultants Pvt. Ltd. Jan 2006 to July 2006
Broadband Technology Consultants is a fast growing consultancy to the Broadband and Telecoms industry of Pakistan specializing in technical improvements to network and facilities and sustainability strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work for CTO to support his projects analyzing cable networks for maximum network efficiency
- Work with clients to gather, analyze and synthesize raw data from field visits, NOC reports and network maps
- Ensure timely completion of design and construction projects, including adherence to specifications by coordinating activities, setting priorities and interfacing with system managers
- Research support to investigate utility tariff structure and propose optimized tariff selections for cable networks and critical facilities
- Successful project management of client HFC upgrades for PtMP Internet services
- Propose and quantify efficiency enhancements at critical facilities (HUBS, remote headends, power distribution, critical power infrastructure) for 12 sites of 200,000 customers
Senior Manager Planning, WorldCall Telecom Limited Nov 2000 to July 2006
The Broadband Network leader in Pakistan providing video, voice and data services over HFC access transport technologies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage departmental budget to meet/exceed technical & financial targets
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of operational processes and systems on an ongoing basis
- Fiber backbone and network planning and implementation. Ensuring maximum resource utilization.
- Design and assist with node splits between Region and System. Review node splits to validate fiber deep node splits.
- Create and maintain design documentation and data files on fiber interconnects and transport networks between Headend, Hubs, OTN’s, POP’’s and Co-located facilities to include optical electronics, splicing diagrams, network layouts, construction details, optical loss data, and splicing priorities
- Launch of first ever HFC commercial Data service in Pakistan – One of the Pioneers in the Field
- Upgraded Internet service upgrade to 10Mb/s metropolitan LAN service with 30% improvement in service availability
- Provided network design expertise to all major Local Loop Service Providers in the Pakistan.; Significant portions of the domestic Pakistan Internet have been implemented with the designs and best practices developed during this period
Education, Certification, Professional Memberships
- Master of Science (M.S), Total Quality Management, Project Management, University of The Punjab, Lahore
- Bachelor of Science (B.S), Electronics & Communication, Electrical, University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
- FTTH Council – Certified Fiber to Home Professional (CFHP)
- Certificate from Huawei University for GPON (OLT and BMS N-2000 maintenance)
- Member of Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)
- Member of Pakistan Engineering Congress