I am driven, ambitious and work with integrity. I have managed various sectors throughout my career and have gained valuable skills and accomplishments which have put me in good stead for the role you currently have available.
As I have worked in a similar felid I feel I could adapt to your company and fully commit as I understand the work and commitment it takes to drive a long standing successful business and the work schedule I would be undertaking.
I started my work life with a business a
Bar, Catering & FoH Manager
January 2010 – to present
Theatre royal Stratford East – Stratford, London
Bar & catering operations Manager
1. To take overall responsibility for managing the Bar, ensuring that it is run efficiently and effectively in such a way as to maximise profit and minimise outgoings; and to ensure that the bar and catering areas are clean, tidy and presentable to the public at all times.
2. To take overall responsibility for stock and cash control and to oversee the ordering of stock/receiving of deliveries and ensuring that bar takings are delivered to the Finance Department on a daily basis.
3. To ensure that adequate and appropriate training is provided for bar and catering staff when they are new employees and regularly afterwards (to cover areas such as, although not limited to: customer service, health & safety, licensing regulations etc.).
4. To ensure that all staff have understood and signed the appropriate documentation certifying that they are authorised to sell alcohol and have been advised of all the rules and regulations regarding this.
5. To ensure the Bar is run in accordance with Health and Safety, Licensing and Hygiene legislation and in line with the in-house Bar Operations Manual guidelines as well as all other in-house policies and procedures.
6. To produce the bar entertainment ensuring programming and live nights’ runs smoothly – ensuring that the atmosphere in the bar is maintained (ensuring staff set out furniture appropriately for entertainment sessions, including dimming the lights, closing blinds, and adjusting the volume of music). Artists are looked after, the stage and equipment has been set up and checked to avoid delays.
Front of House Operations (FoH) Manager
1. To ensure that all performances and events are staffed to the appropriate level of personnel and skills, with the responsibility for drawing up all FoH staff rotas within agreed budgets.
2. To line manage the FoH team – to include Duty Managers, Fire Marshals and Ushers. This will include recruiting staff, as necessary, with the General Manager.
3. To oversee the Duty Management of each performance/event – and personally act as Duty Manager for at least 2 shows a week (and more if required to cover staff absences), taking particular responsibility for any VIP performances – first nights, Press nights, last night’s etc.
4. To ensure that in addition to specific induction training that FoH staff are regularly trained on customer service and health & safety issues, particularly fire drills and evacuation procedures.
5. To ensure that, before the Theatre is opened to the public, the Duty Manager and the Fire Marshall have prepared for an audience the FoH areas, fire exits and auditorium, including any advance preparation required to assist disabled patrons.
6. To co-ordinate the communication between Marketing/Box Office and FoH staff regarding the special requirements of any audience members, or groups of audience members.
Financial Manager (Managing accounts for Bar, Catering and FoH)
1. To provide the General Manager, Head of Finance and Executive Director with information necessary for the financial management of the Companies (both Pioneer Theatres Ltd and Stratford East Trading Ltd) including actual and committed expenditure in his/her remit and assisting in the forward planning and budgeting processes.
2. To take responsibility for the management of all budgets assigned to him/her – ensuring that these budgets are not exceeded and any issues with these budgets are raised at the earliest opportunity.
3. To oversee all sales, stock control and cashing-up of Bar Takings and receipts for ice-creams, sweets, programmes and any other merchandise and to ensure that appropriate profit margins are maintained and that stock is kept in a secure place and that all records necessary for the auditing of sales are kept up to date
4. To agree and achieve targets for maximising sales and income.
5. To ensure that the Finance Office has all information necessary for the operation of the payroll system on time and in the appropriate form including any necessary authorisations.
Assistant Store Manager
Sainsbury’s Supermarkets – Paddington, London
December 2007 to December 2009
The Red Lion – Ilford, Essex
March 2004 to June 2007
Jumpin Jaks – Luminar Leisure – Ilford / Romford, Essex
October 2002 to August 2004
Davy’s Wine Group – West end, London
June 1998 to October 2002
Step Forward Training – Tower Hamlets, London
GNVQ Youth Counselling service, 2002
General Academic Studies Degree: GNVQ, 2000
Youth counselling service Level 2 – MERIT
Stratford Sixth Form – London
Business Studies Advanced Level 2 & 3 – MERIT
Information Technology Level 2 – PASS
Business Administration Level 2 & 3 – PASS
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.